ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

No soreness after chest workout

Last night I did chest workout. I did a warmup set of flat bench press then did 12 reps with 5kg weight, then 10 reps with 7.5kg weight and then 8 reps with 10kg weight. All of this was done with incline bench press. The only rest I took was when another guy did his reps of flat and incline bench press.There was no rest between flat and incline bench press, only between reps. He was helping me in bringing the bar down and up. The dumbbell press(dumbbell weighing 5kg and following the reps of 12-10-8)and flys(dumbbell weighing 7.5kg with reps 12-9-9) were done by me. Then I did butterfly 3 sets of 12 reps. Today after waking up I don't feel any soreness in my chest. Is it because of the help I was getting or is it because my body has adapted? Also note that I was using the above mentioned weights for the first time in my life. Also I did the workout already on Wednesday where I used 5kg for flat with reps 12-12-12 and 2kg for incline with reps12-12-10.
    Last edited by ahmadqayyum14; 03-30-2018 at 10:58 PM.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Probably because it wasn't heavy enough to impact your chest muscles.
    We're cookin' with gas now.

ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahmadqayyum14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Probably because it wasn't heavy enough to impact your chest muscles.
    I’m telling you, I couldn’t even do one rep of my own. Maybe it’s cause i was doing it second time in the week? Could it be?

LFCKero is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by johnsmith4u View Post
    yes sir
    thats not what the experts on these forums say..

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes sir
    Really?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes sir
    now ay

Originally Posted by ahmadqayyum14 View Post
    I’m telling you, I couldn’t even do one rep of my own. Maybe it’s cause i was doing it second time in the week? Could it be?
    You gotta switch to Barbell Bench Press. If you can do all those sets like you were talking about, then you should be able to do 3 sets on your own with a weight that will impact your chest muscles.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    You gotta switch to Barbell Bench Press. If you can do all those sets like you were talking about, then you should be able to do 3 sets on your own with a weight that will impact your chest muscles.
    I'm talking about flat Barbell and incline Barbell bench press with the weights I mentioned above.

R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) R0nald0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your body is adapting. It's normal to feel sore after the first time lifting even if you don't use heavy weights, but then your body will become better at handling those weights and you won't feel sore. From what I understand you were using heavier weights than in your previous workout, it could be that the increase wasn't significant enough to promote new doms.

Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unkown1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Soreness is a myth! Just google it. ^

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Ignore the troll OP. Soreness is thought to be a side-effect of certain types of training. In many cases you can grow without getting very sore at all.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i only get sore if im coming back from a deload and im not used to the volume.. this doesnt last more than a session or two.

or if i overstretch a muscle under load.
    eg. too deep on good mornings or defecit bench (duffalo bar /MacDonald bar / too deep on hammer strength or db)

totally unnecessary!
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ahmadqayyum14 View Post
    I'm talking about flat Barbell and incline Barbell bench press with the weights I mentioned above.
    It's convention to include the bar when stating weights.