deezaremynuts is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Moving from SL 5X5 to PHUL....good idea?

I want to improve my aesthetics since I just lost over 90 lbs. I don't care too much for strength.
    I did SL 5X5 for about 3 months. My numbers aren't great. Squat: 155lbs, BP: 90lbs, OHP: 70lbs, DL: 175lbs.

Would doing default 4 day PHUL template and progress weights when I feel comfortable be a good idea?

If so, can I do it on a slight cut? 2000 to 2100 calories a day. 150g protein. I'm 6 feet and 182lbs at the moment.

Not sure what BF% I am at. Pics are on my profile.

Thanks!
    Last edited by deezaremynuts; 08-18-2017 at 09:05 PM.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are well below intermediate level so doing an intermediate routine like PHUL is not a smart idea.

Stick to SL5x5 eat more no point cutting when your main problem is a lack of muscle.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post
    You are well below intermediate level so doing an intermediate routine like PHUL is not a smart idea.

Stick to SL5x5 eat more no point cutting when your main problem is a lack of muscle.
    What if I am looking to get bigger arms mainly? My arms are too small. I also hate SL5X5.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deezaremynuts View Post
    What if I am looking to get bigger arms mainly? My arms are too small. I also hate SL5X5.
    Not much point doing something you hate.
    But why do you dislike it so much
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

tank351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you still have novice lifts you can switch after you stall on a novice routine and average person gets stuck on a novice routine at around 315x5 squat 365-405x5 deadlift and 225x5 bench. you still have a long way to reach these numbers and if you get stuck early it means you're either not eating well or not getting enough sleep which is your fault not the programs fault

Again, I am NOT DJ Khaled RetroVirus's Avatar
    RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 17mahmoods View Post

I wouldn't tell someone who just lost 90lbs to eat more on a low volume routine. He'll be fat again in no time.

Op choose a routine you like and try it out on a cut, with your numbers you can still (against popular opinion) gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously. When you stop progressing, you can slowly increase your caloric intake
    There are two types of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and those that have been on the moon

Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jisoku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're too weak. Stick with SL.

I wasn't making enough progress on sl5x5, especially on the squats. I was stuck around 155lbs and even deloading to 150lbs for 2-3 weeks. Granted, I was eating 1700 calories and jogging 30 minutes 3 times a week.

The other thing was that I don't think SL5X5 will get me bigger arms, which is mostly what I want.

I'm doing a slight cut right now, so eating 2100 calories per day with 150g of protein. I did my research and PHUL seems to be the best routine for me to get bigger arms.