duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which federation should I join?

Natural lifter, my stats are in the sig. I want to do 100% raw. What do you guys recommend for a beginner. Thanks.
    You have two choices. You can look like that guy who is all shredded or the swollen dude who is big as a truck. Can't have both. Pick now.

Height: 6'3" Weight: 260 lbs.

Bench: 335 lbs. Squat: 425 lbs. Deadlift: 600 lbs.

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by duker4life View Post
    Natural lifter, my stats are in the sig. I want to do 100% raw. What do you guys recommend for a beginner. Thanks.
    Do the "I'll just lift in the gym" Federation.
    ***Georgia Crew***

elchoi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

If you can try to join the USAPL or USPA feds. Best and most well known/respected in my opinion.

duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) duker4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    Do the "I'll just lift in the gym" Federation.
    Thanks?
    You have two choices. You can look like that guy who is all shredded or the swollen dude who is big as a truck. Can't have both. Pick now.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can be natural and raw in any federation. Find one that is close to you, at a time when you want to compete, and go compete. USPA and USAPL are very big out in California, so you should be able to find a bunch. For example, USAPL is having their American Open with USA Weightlifting out in Anaheim in December. It's going to be a big event, so you should at least go and watch to see what a powerlifting meet is like. You can probably find other powerlifters in your area as well.

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/american-open/
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. Hell, I may just do the dead lift for fun, just to get the understanding of it all.

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    um okay here it is
    https://rawpowerlifting.com/
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll cast another vote for USAPL.

They generally have strict judging and would be the best federation for a drug-tested lifter, and they have a lot of participation in the 'raw' divisions.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

Originally Posted by TomMutaffis View Post
    I'll cast another vote for USAPL.

They generally have strict judging and would be the best federation for a drug-tested lifter, and they have a lot of participation in the 'raw' divisions.
    Awesome. Thanks again.

koontzla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    USPA/USAPL are generally the most respected. I have lifted in the APF and SPF before, and am training for an RPS meet currently. I'd generally stick to USPA/USAPL, but lift in whatever federation puts on meets closest to where you live.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The AAU is a drug free org but don't have many meets close to your location.
    The USPA is one of the largest and one of the best here and just started some drug free meets here in Ca.
    They put on well organized meets.
    They just had a drug tested CA state championships as well as a non tested one.
    They only just started doing some DF meets because of interest from some lifters.

Just get in a meet regardless to establish meet lifts and go from there on trying to increase those lifts.
    Lifting with PL rules is a little stricter than gym lifts.
    Study the rules carefully from what ever org you choose go to a meet and have fun lifting in it.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    The AAU is a drug free org but don't have many meets close to your location.
    The USPA is one of the largest and one of the best here and just started some drug free meets here in Ca.
    They put on well organized meets.
    They just had a drug tested CA state championships as well as a non tested one.
    They only just started doing some DF meets because of interest from some lifters.

Just get in a meet regardless to establish meet lifts and go from there on trying to increase those lifts.
    Lifting with PL rules is a little stricter than gym lifts.
    Study the rules carefully from what ever org you choose go to a meet and have fun lifting in it.
    I noticed they just started drug free meets too. I'm going to do a deadlift only meet in December, for USPL. I just don't want to come in last place blown away by guys who are on gear compared to me. It'll piss me off that my lifts are genuine and theirs is due to an enhancement. I'll see what's around my area. Thanks man. I appreciate it.

RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I noticed they just started drug free meets too. I'm going to do a deadlift only meet in December, for USPL. I just don't want to come in last place blown away by guys who are on gear compared to me. It'll piss me off that my lifts are genuine and theirs is due to an enhancement. I'll see what's around my area. Thanks man. I appreciate it.
    Jesus Christ...then do a drug tested meet? so tired of people pissing and moaning about who uses and who doesn't...if you don't want to get beaten by enhanced lifters then compete in a federation that tests or get stronger...but NOTHING is more fukking annoying than some snowflake talking about how whoever is stronger than them must be enhanced
    NSCA CSCS
    ACSM EP-C

shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000) shimmychongo is just really nice. (+1000)
    good strength !

Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sign up for what ever is close to you at a time that works for you. Sign up for the open class at what ever weight you are now. Does not mater if it's drug tested or not and raw or geared. The people there will not care how you lift at all. Just get on the platform and get the experience and have fun. Talk with people and learn.

Read this sticky.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5395203
    My Training Journal: http://tinyurl.com/jasons-journal
    My Video Training Journal: www.youtube.com/user/jason24590
    08/17:245,185,275 02/18:345,275,380
    06/18:405;315,455
    goal: hit previous SBD #s again 524,364,562
    current meet PRs: ---/---/--- ---

What NorthStrong's sig. says

scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rvapump View Post
    jesus christ...then do a drug tested meet? So tired of people pissing and moaning about who uses and who doesn't...if you don't want to get beaten by enhanced lifters then compete in a federation that tests or get stronger...but nothing is more fukking annoying than some snowflake talking about how whoever is stronger than them must be enhanced
    roid rage?

Originally Posted by RVAPump View Post
    Jesus Christ...then do a drug tested meet? so tired of people pissing and moaning about who uses and who doesn't...if you don't want to get beaten by enhanced lifters then compete in a federation that tests or get stronger...but NOTHING is more fukking annoying than some snowflake talking about how whoever is stronger than them must be enhanced
    I love you. Hugs?

Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000) Zarthon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    You can be natural and raw in any federation. Find one that is close to you, at a time when you want to compete, and go compete. USPA and USAPL are very big out in California, so you should be able to find a bunch. For example, USAPL is having their American Open with USA Weightlifting out in Anaheim in December. It's going to be a big event, so you should at least go and watch to see what a powerlifting meet is like. You can probably find other powerlifters in your area as well.

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/american-open/
    Big might be a relative thing. USAPL had nowhere near the number of meets in California that USPA had. Myself and a few others started with the idea of joining USAPL and ended up joining USPA last year due to the much larger availability of meets in California.

PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000) PhantomMaxx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In California there seems to be more USPA meets, both location and frequency. OP you can compete in Sub-Master (35-39) 242lb weight class. Non-tested meets are larger and more frequent then tested. I would not put to much thought on who is geared and who isn't. I don't think about it, I don't do it, and it has not stopped me from having fun and being competitive. Don't over think it, it's not the Olympics.
    Elite Powerlifter Masters Divison 50-54
    USPA PR @123lb (pounds): SQ 303.1 - BP 248 - DL 391.3 Wilks 394.37
    USPA PR @132lb (pounds): SQ 341.7 - BP 248 - DL 430
    16 State / 15 American / 10 World Records / 2 ATWR / 3x Best Lifter Award
    IG: fit.wraith

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Zarthon View Post
    Big might be a relative thing. USAPL had nowhere near the number of meets in California that USPA had. Myself and a few others started with the idea of joining USAPL and ended up joining USPA last year due to the much larger availability of meets in California.
    I don't know how many members and meets USPA has out there. But USAPL California just broke 1,000 members which is the 2nd highest state in USAPL. They've also already had 8 meets out there with 7 more left for the rest of the year. 15 meets in 1 year in a state is pretty high in the USAPL.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    I don't know how many members and meets USPA has out there. But USAPL California just broke 1,000 members which is the 2nd highest state in USAPL. They've also already had 8 meets out there with 7 more left for the rest of the year. 15 meets in 1 year in a state is pretty high in the USAPL.
    But you don't have 20 meets with 5 people in them. 20 meets is bigger.
    My Training Journal: http://tinyurl.com/jasons-journal
    My Video Training Journal: www.youtube.com/user/jason24590
    08/17:245,185,275 02/18:345,275,380
    06/18:405;315,455
    goal: hit previous SBD #s again 524,364,562
    current meet PRs: ---/---/--- ---

What NorthStrong's sig. says

f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're not gonna be challenging any records yet so it doesn't matter. Whatever is closest to you.
    B:185 S:295 D:345 @ around 130.♀
    130 strict press @ 129.
    17 strict unbroken dead hang pullups - will make it 25 by the end of 2017.
    1rm pullup: + 60lbs for sure, 70lbs chin to the bar not sure if above - will make it 90lbs by the end of 2017.
    unathletic unaesthetic powerlifter/strong(wo)man crew

RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by scotpak1979 View Post
    roid rage?
    not roid rage at all...just lulzy when someone calls their lifts "genuine" compared to someone else or gets some moral high from being natural

the truth is that you could pump the average person full of all the tren and anadrol in the world and they still wouldn't be elite

there's a simple solution to his concern, do a tested meet...it's no different than someone who's enhanced complaining about how they don't want to be drug tested at a drug-free meet...don't want to compete against enhanced guys? do a tested meet...don't want to be tested? do a non-tested meet...don't want to get out deadlifted by Dan Green? don't do a meet where Dan Green's competing...it's not hard
    NSCA CSCS
    ACSM EP-C