Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    angrybabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Olympic Style Lifting for Bikini Prep?

What is the opinion of the ladies out there who have participated in bikini on olympic lifts for prepping for a bikini competition. I asked my boyfriend to help coach me and he is dead set on a olympic style workout routine.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keep in mind I don't compete, but that doesn't sound like a good strategy.

Olympic lifts, albeit great, are hard to learn as they are very technical. If you aren't already doing them, I don't see why you would start now if you're prepping for a bikini competition.

Does your boyfriend have any experience coaching for bikini competition (or any kind of bodybuilding competitions)? If not, I would talk to someone who does.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000) f00d is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The dietitian I work with did a bikini show and incorporated some of the lifts (like overhead squats) but she didn't train for Olympic lifting and the bulk of her training was typical bodybuilding stuff. Incorporating it a little into the training might keep it fun so that's good. Also this is just what happened to her (and is entirely unique to her genetics) but she was told to stop lifting close to the meet because she had built up a little more muscle than most chicks (no where near figure levels though) which she thought was a little ridiculous.
    B:185 S:295 D:345 @ around 130.♀
    130 strict press @ 129.
    17 strict unbroken dead hang pullups - will make it 25 by the end of 2017.
    1rm pullup: + 60lbs for sure, 70lbs chin to the bar not sure if above - will make it 90lbs by the end of 2017.
    unathletic unaesthetic powerlifter/strong(wo)man crew

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by f00d View Post
    she was told to stop lifting close to the meet because she had built up a little more muscle than most chicks (no where near figure levels though) which she thought was a little ridiculous.
    Ridiculous for sure. It doesn't matter what type of lifting you do. No one is building any muscle when dieting down for a show.

To answer OP's question it's not the right style of training for a prep. I wouldn't have a problem using a few different lifts but the meat and potatoes of your program needs to be a bb style routine.

Would be great to run in the off season if you're looking to try something different.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree with Kim and the others. While oly lifting is great, it is not for a bikini prep.

If you want to be a powerlifter or increase your oly ifting knowledge and skils, then train with oly lifting. But if you want to be a bikini competitor, then you train like a bikini competitor.

Honestly, if your boyfriend was a skilled enough coach to take you through a prep, he would already know this and train you accordingly. The oly lifts are not enough to build/keep a physique for the stage which have specific looks for each division. They are great if that is your goal, but they don't fit the goal in this instance.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honestly they are very different lifting styles and it'll be asking a lot on your body.

I did npc for years and just started power lifting with a coach.

In my experience npc breaks down your days by muscle group is chest/arm day, glute hammie day/ shoulder back/quad, people mix it up a lot. I do know a lot of npc do lift heavy starting their work outs with compound lifts, but over all to grow the muscle you want lots of voulume and isolated stuff.

Now getting into powerlifting, my coach is doing more a push pull and I am needing longer recovery times and less voulume, although on our off days I am doing lower weight stuff to keep my toning. My days are more structured around squat bench and deadlift rather than the isolated groups.

I recommend sticking with bikini routines that demand tons of cardio and very high voulume, if you want to do compound lifts or Olympic lifts do them before hand, that's what I always did and do get a belt (learn to use it) and try low bar.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Honestly they are very different lifting styles and it'll be asking a lot on your body.

In my experience npc breaks down your days by muscle group is chest/arm day, glute hammie day/ shoulder back/quad, people mix it up a lot. I do know a lot of npc do lift heavy starting their work outs with compound lifts, but over all to grow the muscle you want lots of voulume and isolated stuff.

Now getting into powerlifting, my coach is doing more a push pull and I am needing longer recovery times and less voulume, although on our off days I am doing lower weight stuff to keep my toning. My days are more structured around squat bench and deadlift rather than the isolated groups.

I recommend sticking with bikini routines that demand tons of cardio and very high voulume, if you want to do compound lifts or Olympic lifts do them before hand, that's what I always did and do get a belt (learn to use it) and try low bar.
    I'm sorry how long have you been competing and how many shows have you actually done?

I've read a few of your comments in this section which makes me question how much real knowledge and experience you truly have? Compound lifts are needed and used in every normal bb routine. Bikini girls don't need very high volume programs and tons of cardio.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Bikini routines do not need tons of cardio or very high volume. That's a good way to a bad time.

Also, a bikini competitor does not always need splits such as chest/arm etc.... those are really more for more advanced lifters who are looking at bringing up weak points.

This is why you hire a reputable coach, because they know how to program specifically for you and your needs.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I'm sorry how long have you been competing and how many shows have you actually done?

I've read a few of your comments in this section which makes me question how much real knowledge and experience you truly have? Compound lifts are needed and used in every normal bb routine. Bikini girls don't need very high volume programs and tons of cardio.
    I never said compound lifts aren't needed? They just aren't the main focus. As I start getting into powerlifting I am learning that it's a totally different way to train. I am sorry if I offended you. In power lifting the lifts focus less on developing isolated muscles and having equal muscle development. Like main lifts with Olympic /pl are assisting lifts to build stronger cores and up your lift numbers.

In comparison to bikini, where during on season I was taught to do like an hour of cardio a day, during off season it was 20 mins a day. I did a total of 20 shows. I competed for 3 years in figure and had an Olympian coach for 1 year for posing and for diet and routine. And high voulume is how you build up muscle, the muscle tears then it scars and grows. I would say maybe 10 years ago bikini didn't need to be that toned, but I have notice a trend and bikini girls have gotten more buff over the years. I agree compound lifts are needed in all routines. I won't post if you don't like my posts. My point was that bikini routines aren't focused on assisted pl lifts, they are focused on developing a lean ripped body. It's just a different lifting style was more my point, powerlifting training I am much sore longer than I was for figure. I am doing more of a push pull with isolated groups and assisted lifts rather than trying to get like delts to pop and quad separation. And my point to the voulume is I just noticed with power lifting it's less over all voulume, but I need longer recovery times, when I told my coach I work out 6 days a week with cardio 7, (been lifting since 08), he was like you can't really pl 6 days a week, but you can do assisted lifts and toning stuff if you want. Where as in npc my routines where 5-7 days a week and on season high cardio during show prep with carb cycling and strict dieting, off season less cardio.

Bikini 10 years ago wouldn't really need to focus on isolating stuff but if you have seen pros now and the local shows I have gone to, figure from 10 years ago now looks more like bikini. I am not a coach also, I would never say that I am, I am posting from my own experience.

If op wants some stage day tips hit me, peeing in a cup is the first one after you tan cause youll get spots on your spray tan and don't spray your face, buy cover up post tan to match.
    Last edited by snailsrus; 03-07-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

I never said compound lifts aren't needed? They just aren't the main focus. As I start getting into powerlifting I am learning that it's a totally different way to train. I am sorry if I offended you. In power lifting the lifts focus less on developing isolated muscles and having equal muscle development. Like main lifts with Olympic /pl are assisting lifts to build stronger cores and up your lift numbers.

In comparison to bikini, where during on season I was taught to do like an hour of cardio a day, during off season it was 20 mins a day. I did a total of 20 shows. I competed for 3 years in figure and had an Olympian coach for 1 year for posing and for diet and routine. And high voulume is how you build up muscle, the muscle tears then it scars and grows. I would say maybe 10 years ago bikini didn't need to be that toned, but I have notice a trend and bikini girls have gotten more buff over the years. I agree compound lifts are needed in all routines. I won't post if you don't like my posts. My point was that bikini routines aren't focused on assisted pl lifts, they are focused on developing a lean ripped body. It's just a different lifting style was more my point, powerlifting training I am much sore longer than I was for figure. I am doing more of a push pull with isolated groups and assisted lifts rather than trying to get like delts to pop and quad separation. And my point to the voulume is I just noticed with power lifting it's less over all voulume, but I need longer recovery times, when I told my coach I work out 6 days a week with cardio 7, (been lifting since 08), he was like you can't really pl 6 days a week, but you can do assisted lifts and toning stuff if you want. Where as in npc my routines where 5-7 days a week and on season high cardio during show prep with carb cycling and strict dieting, off season less cardio.

Bikini 10 years ago wouldn't really need to focus on isolating stuff but if you have seen pros now and the local shows I have gone to, figure from 10 years ago now looks more like bikini. I am not a coach also, I would never say that I am, I am posting from my own experience.

If op wants some stage day tips hit me, peeing in a cup is the first one after you tan cause youll get spots on your spray tan and don't spray your face, buy cover up post tan to match.
    Compound lifts are what's needed to build up a solid muscle foundation in the first place. Isolation work is thrown in for the finer details. When new to competing and or lifting there should never be a focus on specific bodyparts...you want to continue bringing up everything.

Cardio is a personal choice and there's plenty of people who barely use it during preps.

Getting lean and ripped goes back to your diet and giving yourself enough prep time to get there...not a specific training program and tons of cardio.

20 shows awesome...post up some comp pics in your bodyspace.
    Last edited by kimm4; 03-07-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Compound lifts are what's needed to build up a solid muscle foundation in the first place. Isolation work is thrown in for the finer details.

Cardio is a personal choice and there's plenty of people who barely use it during preps.

Getting lean and ripped goes back to your diet...not a specific training program and tons of cardio. No wonder no one posts here, you try to explain things rather than saying no and you get attacker. Like no one else tried to explain why they are different.

20 shows awesome...post up some comp pics in your bodyspace.
    ill be pm them they can be reverse googled imaged searched to my info the competitions webpages and I misc way to much for that.

I said compound lifts are needed in all routines. But you aren't training to get your squat up with assisted lifts. I was asked to post in this section. Clearly I am not wanted so all go back to misc lol
    Last edited by snailsrus; 03-07-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

ill be pm them they can be reverse googled imaged searched to my info the competitions webpages and I misc way to much for that.

I said compound lifts are needed in all routines. But you aren't training to get your squat up with assisted lifts. I was asked to post in this section. Clearly I am not wanted so all go back to misc lol
    You are free to post wherever you choose. But when I see advice like do very high volume and fuk loads of cardio 6-7 days a week for a prep (which can completely burn you out, mess up your recovery, create more hunger and piss away muscle,) I will question it all day long.

Yes there's more than one way to skin a cat...but I won't let anyone skin their cat in an unhealthy manner because it's simply not needed.

I've seen too many preps go bad because of ridiculous things being done and it makes me rage.

Night ladies.

You can post in this section, just don't give crappy advice.

"volume" in lifts do not exactly build muscle, and some people don't do well on a lot of volume. So you are making a lot of blanket statements that just are not true, especially as kimm pointed out, for a novice competitor.

An hour of cardio a day isn't needed for everyone, and is often not advised. Again, its pretty individual for you to equate what you did in prep to what "everyone" should do in prep. Some people CAN get away with out doing cardio, but some of us are smaller, and lower in weight and macros/cals, that we have to add some in.

Prep is very individual and that is why coaches are paid well to do this.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

You are free to post wherever you choose. But when I see advice like do very high volume and fuk loads of cardio 6-7 days a week for a prep (which can completely burn you out, mess up your recovery, create more hunger and piss away muscle,) I will question it all day long.

Yes there's more than one way to skin a cat...but I won't let anyone skin their cat in an unhealthy manner because it's simply not needed.

I've seen too many preps go bad because of ridiculous things being done and it makes me rage.

Night ladies.
    no one else explained why or how they are different. I tried to and got attacked, why not ask why I said that, mods want more females posting in here yet when one tries to explain the differences rather than telling the girl her boyfriend doesn't know what he is doing or that she is wrong, you just tell her no. Pretty negetive community.....

Going back to misc.!
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

no one else explained why or how they are different. I tried to and got attacked, why not ask why I said that, mods want more females posting in here yet when one tries to explain the differences rather than telling the girl her boyfriend doesn't know what he is doing or that she is wrong, you just tell her no. Pretty negetive community.....

Going back to misc.!
    Ok then.

I think we have well explained the issue. Oly lifting is great when you goal is Oly lifting. But a bikini goal is not to oly lift but to build a look specifically that the judges are looking for. You can not develop a balanced physique with oly lifting only, that creates a bikini look. Though, squats and deadlifts are in the programing pretty much always (at least for me) bench pressing isn't important to a bikini girl, no one is judged on chest musculature. So you do a bit of chest work, to stay balanced, but the lift isn't as important as building legs and some delts are.

The training is very involved and depends largely on where the OP is in terms of training, body fat, musculature, and areas that need improving. It is very individualized and we cant give her a proper evaluation without knowing these things or seeing a pic.

There are many unhealthy ways to prep, and doing a ton of cardio with high volume training on low cals is a very unhealthy way to do it. While there are many ways to "skin the cat" as kimm stated, we watch too many girls ruin their health with these preps to sit by and let someone give crap advice. I'm tired of seeing girls in the hospital a week after their show because of stupid practices done for prep.

Since OP has made only the one post in this thread, its hard to have a conversation about prep. If she wants to know more details, then she should be looking to hire a reputable coach so they can teach her.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Ok then.

I think we have well explained the issue. Oly lifting is great when you goal is Oly lifting. But a bikini goal is not to oly lift but to build a look specifically that the judges are looking for. You can not develop a balanced physique with oly lifting only, that creates a bikini look. Though, squats and deadlifts are in the programing pretty much always (at least for me) bench pressing isn't important to a bikini girl, no one is judged on chest musculature. So you do a bit of chest work, to stay balanced, but the lift isn't as important as building legs and some delts are.

The training is very involved and depends largely on where the OP is in terms of training, body fat, musculature, and areas that need improving. It is very individualized and we cant give her a proper evaluation without knowing these things or seeing a pic.

There are many unhealthy ways to prep, and doing a ton of cardio with high volume training on low cals is a very unhealthy way to do it. While there are many ways to "skin the cat" as kimm stated, we watch too many girls ruin their health with these preps to sit by and let someone give crap advice. I'm tired of seeing girls in the hospital a week after their show because of stupid practices done for prep.

Since OP has made only the one post in this thread, its hard to have a conversation about prep. If she wants to know more details, then she should be looking to hire a reputable coach so they can teach her.
    Someone wants your money op, lol I would first go to a competion and see what it is like, meet other competitors and voulunteer. See if you even like it, my first show was completely different than what I thought it was going to be. If you do choose to do it. Get a coach locally, online coaches don't know the standard for your area. Npc figure in North Carolina was different than where I am now as for what the judges were looking for, and posing classes in person were so important to me and having my coach at the show made it much more comfortable stage day. Plus you can do a team locally so you aren't alone back stage

:] now I know why she is so quick to tell me I don't know anything.... she is using this site to get clients, I don't offer any type of coaching all advice is free and you can hit me up on insta, this is my hobby and do the sport because I love training and it helps with social anxiety, I have a totally different career that is more a blue suit kinda desk job, and dieting and cardio are normally needed I don't know anyone that gets paper thin skin just eating less calories with no cardio when they are above say 18-20 percent as a female with no base. I know roughly 100-200 npc people and see them at the gym (I have 3 gym memberships depending what city I am working out of) and they do a lot of cardio come competition time. Being in a show is not cheap, gotta get your card that's $120.00 buck for the year, suits 200-400 and up, shoes 50, then coach which can range from 100 bucks a month to 400-600. I have seen bikini girls with no coaches just research and training place in local shows, one didn't even speak English so she pranced around on stage for 5 minutes but she clearly worked hard and even though she couldn't understand the judges trying to guide her, she placed first. And Ive wasted quite a bit of time with online coaches from forums and never really felt it left me with what I got in person.
    Last edited by snailsrus; 03-07-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Someone wants your money op, lol I would first go to a competion and see what it is like, meet other competitors and voulunteer. See if you even like it, my first show was completely different than what I thought it was going to be. If you do choose to do it. Get a coach locally, online coaches don't know the standard for your area. Npc figure in North Carolina was different than where I am now as for what the judges were looking for, and posing classes in person were so important to me and having my coach at the show made it much more comfortable stage day. Plus you can do a team locally so you aren't alone back stage :] now I know why she is so quick to tell me I don't know anything.... she is using this site to get clients, I don't offer any type of coaching all advice is free and you can hit me up on insta, this is my hobby and do the sport because I love training and it helps with social anxiety, I have a totally different career that is more a blue suit kinda desk job, and dieting and cardio are normally needed I don't know anyone that gets paper thin skin just eating less calories with no cardio when they are above say 18-20 percent as a female with no base. I know roughly 100-200 npc people and see them at the gym and they do a lot of cardio come competition time. Being in a show is not cheap, gotta get your card that's $120.00 buck for the year, suits 200-400 and up, shoes 50, then coach which can range from 100 bucks a month to 400-600. I have seen bikini girls with no coaches just research and training place in local shows, one didn't even speak English so she pranced around on stage for 5 minutes but she clearly worked hard and even though she could understand the judges trying to guide her, she placed first.
    If you spent any amount of time in this section you would know that the few coaches around these parts never push their services on anyone. Myself and plenty of other's have spent years on these forums providing tons of information and helpful advice to any female or male who might need it.

Do more research because the more you post just shows me how much you really don't know.

I don't coach competitors at all.

My specialty is with beginners, weight loss, and the obese. Most of my clients are moms, many are military wives....OP is not my typical client, and I wouldn't take her as a client, I would refer her to the list of coaches that do coach competitors and those that I trust, which is few.

And lol at paper thin skin.... le sigh.

ETA: My website only recently changed, prior to my move to Japan, it was a blog only. I shifted the site to offer services as with the Federal Hiring freeze in place, I can only train online per JAG. I haven't even announced that anywhere else on this site, until this post.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

I don't coach competitors at all.

My specialty is with beginners, weight loss, and the obese. Most of my clients are moms, many are military wives....OP is not my typical client, and I wouldn't take her as a client, I would refer her to the list of coaches that do coach competitors and those that I trust, which is few.

And lol at paper thin skin.... le sigh.

ETA: My website only recently changed, prior to my move to Japan, it was a blog only. I shifted the site to offer services as with the Federal Hiring freeze in place, I can only train online per JAG. I haven't even announced that anywhere else on this site, until this post.
    It's in your sig lmao and ya jag makes a ton of sense for online training and at that level it's totally better to do it online. I just worry about form, I am learning to really fine tune my form now low bar and sqaut depth with a belt and how to use more of a dl thrust to deep squats with paused squats and pushing against the bar when I go up and it's nice to have someone be like your belt isn't tight enough your squat you need to go lower to hit pl meet requirements, I showed my coach my squat video being all proud to use low bar and I got told deeper and now today we will be doing pause squats slightly below parallel it felt like, and drive your knees out more when you come up, I'll catch the bar when you fail don't be scared of failing.
    Last edited by snailsrus; 03-08-2017 at 01:00 AM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

It's in your sig lmao and ya jag makes a ton of sense for online training and at that level it's totally better to do it online. I just worry about form, I am learning to really fine tune my form now and sqaut depth with a belt and how to use more of a dl trust to deep squats with paused squats and pushing against the bar when I go up and it's nice to have someone be like your belt isn't tight enough your squat you need to go lower to hit pl meet requirements, drive your legs out more, I'll catch the bar when you fail don't be scared of failing.
    A) its been in my sig for years, its been my blog since 2012. The change to it was in the last month. Again, I hadn't announced the change over on this site.

B) JAG is Judge Advocate General, which is military legal which I have to have permission from to run a business from an overseas military location. I have approval to train, but online only at this point. I have a job with the gym here, but cant start until Trump lifts the freeze on federal hiring. I don't need to troll this site for people to train. I am the only one on this base to have approval from the JAG and commanding officer. I have a monopoly as it were. Once I start at the gym, I will be 1 of only 3 people here qualified to train in person. My clients at that point will be military members, however, I will be allowed to continue with my personal online clients

C) I am more of a lifestyle coach than a competition coach. Prep is very involved and a huge responsibility to take a clients health into your hands. It is also a big responsibility to take on someones comp prep. Its not the area I want to train others in, but I learn it so that I know the process for myself. For military personnel,ido 3 main things: 1) help them come into compliance with military weight standards..aka..weight loss. 2) lead command PT (sometimes they hate me, lol) and 3) help with the PRT.

D) there is nothing wrong with online training. I have trained with several coaches online and been able to progress and learn a lot. In person training is great for some things, but online is easier and some times better in many ways. Not every city has good contest prep coaches. The fact that you can find a great coach online to help train you that can do so in a healthy manner is pretty awesome.

Like I said before, if oly lifting is your goal, then oly lifting is how you train. If you are fine tuning your form because of lifting goals, then that's cool. In person may work best for you.

But OP is going for bikini and it makes no sense to train in oly only when that is not going to get you to the look and its not where your focus needs to be. OP also doesn't need "thin skin" cause that is not part of the bikini look. She also posted in another thread about some issues in nutrition so its clear that a good coach would be best for OP as she needs to go over basics before she goes into anything, oly lifting or prep.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

A) its been in my sig for years, its been my blog since 2012. The change to it was in the last month. Again, I hadn't announced the change over on this site.

B) JAG is Judge Advocate General, which is military legal which I have to have permission from to run a business from an overseas military location. I have approval to train, but online only at this point. I have a job with the gym here, but cant start until Trump lifts the freeze on federal hiring. I don't need to troll this site for people to train. I am the only one on this base to have approval from the JAG and commanding officer. I have a monopoly as it were. Once I start at the gym, I will be 1 of only 3 people here qualified to train in person. My clients at that point will be military members, however, I will be allowed to continue with my personal online clients

C) I am more of a lifestyle coach than a competition coach. Prep is very involved and a huge responsibility to take a clients health into your hands. It is also a big responsibility to take on someones comp prep. Its not the area I want to train others in, but I learn it so that I know the process for myself. For military personnel,ido 3 main things: 1) help them come into compliance with military weight standards..aka..weight loss. 2) lead command PT (sometimes they hate me, lol) and 3) help with the PRT.

D) there is nothing wrong with online training. I have trained with several coaches online and been able to progress and learn a lot. In person training is great for some things, but online is easier and some times better in many ways. Not every city has good contest prep coaches. The fact that you can find a great coach online to help train you that can do so in a healthy manner is pretty awesome.

Like I said before, if oly lifting is your goal, then oly lifting is how you train. If you are fine tuning your form because of lifting goals, then that's cool. In person may work best for you.

But OP is going for bikini and it makes no sense to train in oly only when that is not going to get you to the look and its not where your focus needs to be. OP also doesn't need "thin skin" cause that is not part of the bikini look. She also posted in another thread about some issues in nutrition so its clear that a good coach would be best for OP as she needs to go over basics before she goes into anything, oly lifting or prep.
    I went to law school... I am pretty well aware of the situation, and jag I am very filmilar with, I did veterans advocacy work for an internship over turning claims so vets could get 100% va disability and 30% gi upon exiting if they couldn't work/were already out and homeless so they have health insurence and monthly payouts. And for fat loss it's totally fine online, but pl/Olympic lifting were form is key its helpful to have someone show you things.

But then again this is the Internet where people believe in beef tendon, can of beans, potassium and pink salt are the cure deficiencies they don't have that are the reason they can't lose weight. And everyone's max pl numbers are 2000lbs for males and 1200 for females, I am just starting conservatly I'd say I am around 440 at the 114 weight class, prob can do more once I trust myself more, at least according to my coach with my leg press being deep 550 pr, idk I don't know, I'd like to think that for my first meet in June. And with the internet who ever can type the most is the smartest and the more supplements that can be shoved down people throats the better! I feel a little jagged some times when I hear we got a 3 monolifts and some dl rack looking thing, and I know you can get a solid npc routine with old school things. I remember went I first started competing and I went to serval forums, and was very discouraged by many. Rx was the only one I didn't get the "you should already have done your research, we know everything, your question isn't helpful vibe" elite no females were on, here I read other beginners threads and felt scared to post out of not knowing enough. With any forum the driving force is the product they sell, being there are a lot of sugar water being the next best thing, with loads of information that is just big complicated explainations of why this one unbanned substance, that normally gets banned, is a special miracle and with create more amino acid chains to be able to connect and cause faster recover or cause xyz to increase fat loss when taken with this special diet, and things like this won't only increase your lifting but your hair nails and sleep but it'll make you more hungry.

I just spent 6 hours doing discovery matching checkbooks from 1997-2010 to the bank statements, my brain hurts to much and it's past my bed time. Night. Best luck when it clears.
    Last edited by snailsrus; 03-08-2017 at 03:06 AM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

I went to law school... I am pretty well aware of the situation, and jag I am very filmilar with, I did veterans advocacy work over turning claims so vets could get 100% va disability and 30% gi upon exiting if they couldn't work/were already out and homeless so they have health insurence and monthly payouts. And for fat loss it's totally fine online, but pl/Olympic lifting were form is key its helpful to have someone show you things.

But then again this is the Internet where people believe in beef tendon, can of beans, potassium and pink salt are the cure deficiencies they don't have that are the reason they can't lose weight �� And who ever can type the most is the smartest and the more supplements that can be shoved down people throats the better!

I just spent 6 hours doing discovery matching checkbooks from 1997-2010 to the bank statements, my brain hurts to much and it's past my bed time. Night. Best luck when it clears.
    Yeah, my BS is in health care admin, hoping to get in with the military hospitals, so I am also familiar with the insurance thing and how crappy VA is in their claims. Glad someone is helping with that. Was working on getting a job in the hospital but, pesky hiring freeze means they cant go forward on that process either.

And it is possible to learn how to lift online. I learned just fine
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Yeah, my BS is in health care admin, hoping to get in with the military hospitals, so I am also familiar with the insurance thing and how crappy VA is in their claims. Glad someone is helping with that. Was working on getting a job in the hospital but, pesky hiring freeze means they cant go forward on that process either.

And it is possible to learn how to lift online. I learned just fine
    dude I thought the same thing...

My coach gave me lifts and he was like your forms not bad nor wrong but try this then I tried it and was like omg low bar squats for life and 4 inch belts with one knoch 10mm for life. Ok srs going to bed -.- will check tomorrow -.- and more peeps need to help with claims, 30% vets are homeless, it kills me to know that. Maybe I should start a pl female thread. And how's the udon in Japan, I am a yelp elite and I hate our local Japanese food, after getting my undergrad in Seattle I was spoiled with Asian food -,-
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm going to give my 2c on the original question:

The coach I was initially planning to use this year is very big on Olympic lifting and Crossfit - but that's because that's the way she trained before she started competing.

My current coach (who, granted, is a former women's physique competitor, not bikini) is also very big on Olympic lifts and Crossfit as cross training for herself.

Nobody is going to train the same way or necessarily respond to the same way of training. That's why a good coach is important.
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know anyone that gets paper thin skin just eating less calories with no cardio when they are above say 18-20 percent as a female with no base.

If this is the case one should not be stetting foot on stage but spending some time building. Esp if you love the sport.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have zero experience with bikini, fitness, whatever prep, but I have plenty of experience with real Oly lifting and I say "good luck with that" if you think you can sustain it for more than a few weeks while eating in a deficit and doing a fair bit of cardio, hah! You're going to run out of gas pretty fast. It's just not meant to sustain a physique where you waddle around on stage in prissy heels.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by angrybabe View Post
    What is the opinion of the ladies out there who have participated in bikini on olympic lifts for prepping for a bikini competition. I asked my boyfriend to help coach me and he is dead set on a olympic style workout routine.
    I agree with Kimm and every one else , dieting down and olympic lifting is not a great idea , OL require plenty of calories they are the most demanding type of lifts
    however that doesn't mean you can't incorporate the movements just don't let it be the only training you do .. also does your BF actually know how to coach oly lifting movements ?
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    he was like you can't really pl 6 days a week
    Sorry but your coach is wrong
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And my point to the voulume is I just noticed with power lifting it's less over all voulume, but I need longer recovery times, when I told my coach I work out 6 days a week with cardio 7, (been lifting since 08), he was like you can't really pl 6 days a week, but you can do assisted lifts and toning stuff if you want.
    I train 6 days per week (ME squat, ME bench, ME deadlift, DE bench, DE squat + dead, accessory back day), and do a pretty good amount of volume. I also spent a few months doing SBD every day...appropriate total volume/intensity will be more important than how many days you're lifting.
    If I were to go back to figure, I'd probably stay on this same setup as long as possible. That's how I built the muscle, so why switch to something markedly different?

And everyone's max pl numbers are 2000lbs for males and 1200 for females, I am just starting conservatly I'd say I am around 440 at the 114 weight class, prob can do more once I trust myself more, at least according to my coach with my leg press being deep 550 pr, idk I don't know, I'd like to think that for my first meet in June.
    My total isn't 1200, maybe my 6 days per week program is the issue lol.
    What is 440, a squat? If you squat 440 to depth, please post video because that would be an all-time historical world record for 114 by 38lbs, assuming raw. But in all seriousness, please don't try to use leg press to judge your squat. I can load up like 600lbs on a power squat machine and do that for reps, but my actual squat is 330 (I compete 132). Machines just aren't good indicators since it's not even the same motion, plus they're all different as far as angle, sled weight, etc. If you plan on competing, you have to squat, because a squat isn't only about strength but also skill, plus you'll have no clue how to set your attempts, and if you set your opener at 440 thinking that's going to be conservative, you're going to bomb out, unless you're competing multi-ply, in which case, while still a top 10 all-time lift, would be slightly more reasonable. Your first meet should be a positive experience. Set yourself up for success, don't set an unrealistic goal based off an accessory exercise.
    Last edited by VO2Maxima; 03-08-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    if you set your opener at 440 thinking that's going to be conservative, you're going to bomb out
    Nah, she won't have to worry about bombing out. If she thinks she can squat 440 based on a 550 leg press, the only thing she really needs to worry about is instant death.

For the record, a gym I used to train at had a particularly agreeable leg press machine that I could load 6+ plates per side on with full ROM and rep all day. My actual squat at the time was around 155...