Thread: appetite

laureah21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

appetite

Hi lovelies, I would love some suggestions on some meal replacement nutra bullet type smoothies. Am on some meds at the moment for ADD () and it it is no lie but seriously strange in that the of thought eating food is a bit like vacuuming the house. e.g. don't want to do it. Yesterday ate nothing for a whole 24 hours with really noticing as was at work then hubby was a baseball practice and was pottering. Hubbies who is in sport science only noticed today the behaviour and reminded me to eat so I had a smoothy with whey blueberries and spinach with some vanilla yoghurt, but was quiet shocked I had forgotten. Dinner now and off the food again.. Want to make up some nutrition drinks I can get down fast and not think about. Am prepared to make bulk batches, as long as I don't have to think about it at the time
    Last edited by dj924s; 03-03-2017 at 12:09 AM.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So is the problem forgetting to eat, not having an appetite at all, or just choosing not to? Because you really need to solve that problem, liquid supplemental drinks are just to supplement your diet, not be your diet. You have to learn how to manage your condition while being able to do normal functions like eating regularly. I'd also talk to your prescribing doctor and tell them about the problem, they may know a few ways to remedy the situation, or may suggest a medication that works for you without such a bad side effect. If you just don't feel like it, I'm sorry this sounds blunt, but the best advice is do it anyway. We all do things we don't feel like, it's life. You need to eat to maintain your health, your muscle, your weight, starvation has effects on mental health which may make your condition worse, etc. Still talk to your prescribing doctor, for the same reasons, and all side effects should be reported anyway.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SoapQueen87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am also on ADD meds and this does not make me lose my appetite as long as I am eating regularly. If I allow myself to go without food for more than 4-5 hours, then I completely lose my appetite. Some days I do have to force food, but once I do, my body automatically feels better.
    How long have you been on the meds? Maybe your Dr put you on a dose too high too soon.
    I would set reminders and talk to my doctor. You can also try to eat before you take the meds. It won't affect the medicine and its effectiveness.
    Every. Day. Counts.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SoapQueen87 View Post
    *snip*
    Cant rep, but pretend I did. Great to see feedback from someone who can relate to OP.

Registered User ladyandthetraps's Avatar
    ladyandthetraps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been in your situation before with the ADD medicine and it feels like you could go days without eating and not be phased by it. You're on the right track with smoothies because you really don't have to think about it. Try adding in some peanut butter or any kind of nut butter because it has the protein. Since you're probably struggling to get in enough calories try adding in things like coconut oil or olive oil because you won't even taste them. I'm not sure if you lift or not, but you may want to do some additional research on how ADD medication can affect your strength. From what I read it isn't necessarily beneficial. Good luck!

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by laureah21 View Post
    Hi lovelies, I would love some suggestions on some meal replacement nutra bullet type smoothies. Am on some meds at the moment for ADD () and it it is no lie but seriously strange in that the of thought eating food is a bit like vacuuming the house. e.g. don't want to do it. Yesterday ate nothing for a whole 24 hours with really noticing as was at work then hubby was a baseball practice and was pottering. Hubbies who is in sport science only noticed today the behaviour and reminded me to eat so I had a smoothy with whey blueberries and spinach with some vanilla yoghurt, but was quiet shocked I had forgotten. Dinner now and off the food again.. Want to make up some nutrition drinks I can get down fast and not think about. Am prepared to make bulk batches, as long as I don't have to think about it at the time

is it the eating you don't want to do or the cooking ?? .. set phone reminders with alarms and make yourself eat there is no substitute for food , at least not long term
    meal replacement are not a long term solution, your husband should be the one responsible to remind you and even feed you if necessary
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

laureah21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all, Sorry for late reply. It is a forgetting to eat as Im busy, but also I don't get hungry at all. So I can have a coffee for breakfast if Im running late, and then not eat until dinner, if I decide to. If I'm taking my ADHD meds (dexamphetamine) properly ( 6 tabs a day) I will only usually eat one meal a day, the one where people are present. I like eating it to . Problem is my hubbie is away for 8 months so I am cooking for one which makes it worse. It is forgetting to eat and then realising I need to and not really wanting to, as Im busy, watching TV or full from lunch. Its not a battle at all, as it is not a though. I eat and it tastes like cardboard. I have been really trying to do smoothies and vitamins. Problem is smoothies are making me full now. I have told my Dr and she was quiet concerned, but I said the meds have helped me so much mentally so we will continue. Im going to try and snack on highly nutritious/calorific items. Like amaranth for brekky, but in a smoothy. Almond etc. Not sure if large meals work

IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronLady77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can relate. I was recently put on some Lupus medications that has made even the thought of food unbearable. It causes nausea and no hunger signals at all. I have a carton of eggs whites that I mix with an egg and cook. I just hold my nose to eat it . I know that's not much help but I tried the liquid nutrition stuff, and I think nothing compares to the nutrition of solid foods. I also try to eat yogurts, pb, and easier foods that have a high nutritional value. I was on this medication before, and lost a lot of muscle, so I don't want to go back there again. I've been working too hard in the gym!

It is forgetting to eat and then realising I need to and not really wanting to, as Im busy, watching TV or full from lunch.
    If you have smart phone that's with you most of the time, set alarms for three times a day so you have a reminder to start making breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eventually it'll become more of a habit, and if the calories from those three meals isn't enough, get snacks (mixed nuts, individual fruit cups, pudding cups, whatever you like that can bump up your intake) to top things off. Set the alarms to be ahead of when you'd eat so you're leaving cook time. If need be, get meal prep containers, and make a few meals ahead of time for the days you really don't feel up to cooking.

As for being full, you're used to eating less so there's going to be some discomfort as you adjust to an increased intake. Nutrient dense foods help, but so does playing with macros. If your diet right now is very high in fats, and protein you're going to be more full for a longer period of time. At your current weight the minimum fat you need is 58g, and the minimum amount of protein you need is 116g. If you're getting a lot more than that, try bring it down some, and replacing them with simple carbs.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Hi all, Sorry for late reply. It is a forgetting to eat as Im busy, but also I don't get hungry at all. So I can have a coffee for breakfast if Im running late, and then not eat until dinner, if I decide to. If I'm taking my ADHD meds (dexamphetamine) properly ( 6 tabs a day) I will only usually eat one meal a day, the one where people are present. I like eating it to . Problem is my hubbie is away for 8 months so I am cooking for one which makes it worse. It is forgetting to eat and then realising I need to and not really wanting to, as Im busy, watching TV or full from lunch. Its not a battle at all, as it is not a though. I eat and it tastes like cardboard. I have been really trying to do smoothies and vitamins. Problem is smoothies are making me full now. I have told my Dr and she was quiet concerned, but I said the meds have helped me so much mentally so we will continue. Im going to try and snack on highly nutritious/calorific items. Like amaranth for brekky, but in a smoothy. Almond etc. Not sure if large meals work
    Are you dropping a ton of weight or something? If you're maintaining your weight now (what's listed in your profile,) you're getting in enough calories.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)