Danielmg96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pain in inner elbow?

Around week ago I did:
    Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows with too much weight
    Pull Ups with bad form (still learning the exercise)
    Machine Biceps Curls with too much weight/momentum

That night, I felt mild-to-severe pain in my inner elbow, next to my bicep.
    Throughout this week, I've felt the pain subside a little, but it returns while gripping heavy weights or doing incline DB presses. I could barely do 4 dips when I can usually do over 9.
    What am I experiencing, and how can I heal it?

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Danielmg96 View Post
    Around week ago I did:
    Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows with too much weight
    Pull Ups with bad form (still learning the exercise)
    Machine Biceps Curls with too much weight/momentum

That night, I felt mild-to-severe pain in my inner elbow, next to my bicep.
    Throughout this week, I've felt the pain subside a little, but it returns while gripping heavy weights or doing incline DB presses. I could barely do 4 dips when I can usually do over 9.
    What am I experiencing, and how can I heal it?
    Google Golders elbow, its a tendon connecting to your forearm. Dont do any exercise that causes pain or itll never get bc youre keep aggravating it. Look into fricton massage and massage that area. Dont overdo fricton massage enough to help smooth out scar tissue
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Location: Bucks, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys and gals

I've been having pain in my elbow when lifting and went to see a physiotherapist. She said it was an inflamed bicep but after reading this post I'm not so sure. However, I haven't lifted for over a month and I'm resting it until February. Do you think this is long enough? And also when I start again in February (?) what do you think is the best way to ease myself into it? I was advised to start lifting on 2 1/2 K (!??!) But I was lifting 15 or 17 1/2 before the injury. Need some advice please guys.
    JFDI!!! You can if you want to

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    So resting tendinopathy is a bit of a misnomer. See this article about how it develops and rehabilitation strategies:

http://stevenlow.org/on-tendonitis/

Generally speaking, if it's in the "reactive" stage, a week or two of rest will help calm it down. However, in these cases, full rest does not need to be taken because you can also modify the exercises to much lighter weights and higher repetitions to take significant stimulus off of the tissue(s) and do higher reps which is generally beneficial for connective tissue strengthening. In this case, you want to eliminate aggravating exercises, AND continue to work out without those exercises and just replace them with alternatives. Once it's calmed down, work slowly back into the previous exercises if you want to do them again (if you rested), or slowly increase the weight and reduce the reps.

If it's past reactive in the tendon dysrepair stage, then rest pretty much won't help at all. You should be doing rehabilitation during this time.

So I've been taking it easy at the gym, and it turns out that the most painful exercises for me are still pushing exercises like the military press, incline db press, dips, and skullcrushers. Incline flyes also feel strange. I don't feel any pain doing flat bench presses with my pre-injury working weights, though.
    Surprisingly, pulling movements like chin-ups, reverse grip bent-over rows, and machine preacher curls don't feel bad at all.
    I have no idea why this would be the case, since my pains started the night of a pull day.

AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by braindx View Post
    So resting tendinopathy is a bit of a misnomer. See this article about how it develops and rehabilitation strategies:

Generally speaking, if it's in the "reactive" stage, a week or two of rest will help calm it down. However, in these cases, full rest does not need to be taken because you can also modify the exercises to much lighter weights and higher repetitions to take significant stimulus off of the tissue(s) and do higher reps which is generally beneficial for connective tissue strengthening. In this case, you want to eliminate aggravating exercises, AND continue to work out without those exercises and just replace them with alternatives. Once it's calmed down, work slowly back into the previous exercises if you want to do them again (if you rested), or slowly increase the weight and reduce the reps.

If it's past reactive in the tendon dysrepair stage, then rest pretty much won't help at all. You should be doing rehabilitation during this time.
    Many thanks. Very insightful. Need to get me to a doc anyhow as I now have pain in both thumbs and what feels like a free floating mass of something on the same bicep. And despite not lifting my elbow has started hurting without lifting. Not liking this stage in my fitness life

Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Answer the questions in my signature
    Kjetil Larsen
    CPT, CES, NKT
    Owner of Trainingandrehabilitation.com

� Did I answer your injury question? Please supply the following info: 1) EXACT spot of pain(s)? (put a mark on a picture); 2) what type of pain is it? (burning, radiative, lightning, aching, jamming up, etc); 3) EXACTLY what movement(s) provocate the same pain? Specifics matter!

� Read my articles - https://treningogrehab.no/category/articles-in-english/

Originally Posted by Kjetil1234 View Post
    Answer the questions in my signature
    The pain was aching. It wasn't 'burning', or regular soreness. It showed up after a Pull day with a lot of drop sets, where I presumably used too much weight too fast with bad form, but I felt it the most during Push Days, especially on Incline DB Presses and Dips. My left hand could still grip 40-45 lb dumbbells for rows, but my left grip would fail *way* before my right hand's.
    I trained for two weeks after this pain. During this week, I was still able to do Yates Rows and Chin-Ups with no pain.
    I rested for a week, and the pain seems to have subsided for Dips. I was able to do 3x8 bodyweight dips with no problems. Haven't tested other problem lifts like Incline DB Presses and the OHP, though machine shoulder presses felt ok.

Sorry it's taken some time to get back to you (very poorly partner).

Thanks for all your advice. The last few weeks I've gone really low (working circuits) then gradually increasing. All seems fine but if it happens again (won't be long before I go too heavy I'm sure) I can come read this again. Many thanks