Registered User British IronWrk's Avatar
    British IronWrk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Glycogen depletion whilst cutting

This is a simple question. But how much weight loss can be expected due to glycogen depletion in the first week of cutting?

I dropped my bulking and went on to a crash cutting cycle and after 3-4 days Ive lost 4lbs. Is this in the normal range? And can I expect to lose more as my body drains it reserves?

Its just worrying seeing that much loss so soon, makes me feel like Im withering away.
    In days past the British sunk deep into the earth in search of metals to feed the capitalist dogs of industry above. Down below they found solice in the dark, and companionship in the isolation. They worked their tools and grappled with the rock in a personal struggle to not only dominate their environment but achieve a kind of peace within. This is the meaning of British IronWrk.

supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keto diets are known for causing a good deal of water loss the fist week, probubly one of the reasons they are so popular as even those who cant stay on a diet long see and least limited results.

Wonder if it depletes pottassium the way a diuretic does....
    Nothing is ever easy

pitbullmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I thought I read somewhere that you are using the Animalbolic diet? If you are thats cool, b/c I use animal's diet with very good results. If you are then I believe the theory behind his diet is that the way you time your carb intake you will replenish the glycogen supplies. Then during the day is when you'll be in Ketosis. If this is true and works as he thoerizes then the amount of your weight loss should not deal so much with depleted glycogen. I will agree with supnut as Keto diets do make you loose water weight so that may be a factor.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"
    "If you can't roll with the big dogs, stay on the chain"

Well Im not on a keto.

But the fact is whenever you diet you lose glycogen weight in your muscles not just water weight. Although they are heavily tied.

The reason I am stressing the glycogen is that IM still on the creatine so the water weight loss shouldn't be all that bad.

But either way is 4 lbs in 4 days tooo much at the start of my diet?

Dante - whats your opinion bro?
    In days past the British sunk deep into the earth in search of metals to feed the capitalist dogs of industry above. Down below they found solice in the dark, and companionship in the isolation. They worked their tools and grappled with the rock in a personal struggle to not only dominate their environment but achieve a kind of peace within. This is the meaning of British IronWrk.

Bump on this thread.

I actually understated the loss. It is closer to 5lbs in 3 days of cutting.

Again this is a bulking to cutting crash. Is this an acceptable water weight/glycogen loss?

thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you went directly from bulking to cutting, some of the weight you may have lost may have beent the result of access food in your stomach which hasn't digested yet. along with water weight loss....

try not to cut calories too short going from bulking to dieting...i remember back in the day when i used the abcdf bulking/dieting routine (outlined in MMI). Going from bulking for 2 weeks to dieting 2 weeks really killed my system (it was like a 2,000 calories reduction)

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It all depends on how much you weigh. But I can remember dropping 3lbs in the first day of cutting. You lose a ****load of water weight as your cells become more and more depleted. Remember your body stores 2.7g of water inside the cell for every gram of glycogen. So what you lose in glycogen you lose by almost 3X in water weight.
    Peace

Originally posted by str8flexed
    It all depends on how much you weigh. But I can remember dropping 3lbs in the first day of cutting. You lose a ****load of water weight as your cells become more and more depleted. Remember your body stores 2.7g of water inside the cell for every gram of glycogen. So what you lose in glycogen you lose by almost 3X in water weight.
    Peace
    Thanks, thats pretty re-assuring. I did from 4000Cals to 1500 Cals in a day. I can see that just loosing small amounts of glycogen staores can equal a big loss in water weight.

But as I have said, this is more than I expected, and am happy with. Means if I drop 10lbs in my cutting cycle, the maximum that can be is 5ls of fat (or 3% BF). Sucks!