smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Journey from being 320lbs

Hello everyone,

This is my first post although I have been browsing the BB forums for quite some time now. In November 2014, I was a whopping 320lbs and at 48% body fat. By far the worst shape of my life. I woke up one scary night struggling to breathe which was the wake up call I finally needed to get back into the gym.

Fast forward to today, I am 25 years old, 223lbs and at 24% body fat - needless to say I have been very happy with my results! I have been consistently going into the gym 4-5 days and following a IIFYM diet approach which has done well so far. The journey has been a love/hate relationship but, I wouldn't go back and change a thing! It's amazing what the human body can accomplish with a little hard work.

I'm at a point now where I have been stuck for quite a few months and thought I would use this opportunity to ask for help from those with more knowledge and experience!

To give you my stats:
    - I am 25 years old and of a East Indian background
    - I am 5'9
    - I weigh 223lbs and at 24% body fat
    - I train 4-5 per week (Weight lighting and cardio on both days - high intensity)
    - My macros are currently 50 Fats/140 Carbs/200 Protein
    - I hold a huge portion of my fat on my love handles and lower stomach (I know this is the last to go)

Again, just look for some pointers or advice on what I should do next. If you guys need more information please feel free to let me know!

Thanks

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're doing great and still cutting at a reasonable amount of calories. It is great that your lifting 4-5x a week, but doing high intensity cardio 4-5x a week a long with that can and most likely will get pretty crazy on your body.

I suggest to keep cutting until the weight stops dropping so quickly. Regardless of whether your lean, it can be a good idea to switching from a cut to slow bulk in order to help increase your maintenance calories and give yourself a mental break before beginning to cut again.

mezzaman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good job op.

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on the weightloss!
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smatharu90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    You're doing great and still cutting at a reasonable amount of calories. It is great that your lifting 4-5x a week, but doing high intensity cardio 4-5x a week a long with that can and most likely will get pretty crazy on your body.

I suggest to keep cutting until the weight stops dropping so quickly. Regardless of whether your lean, it can be a good idea to switching from a cut to slow bulk in order to help increase your maintenance calories and give yourself a mental break before beginning to cut again.
    Thank you! My cardio is usually more 3 days HIIT and 2 days steady state. I do however listen to my body and if I feel a little over trained I opt for steady state as opposed to HIIT for the day.

I've been stuck at my current weight since November and tried reverse dieting for a few weeks. Maybe I have to give it a little longer?

Thanks again for your input!

Originally Posted by mezzaman View Post
    Good job op.
    Thank you!

Originally Posted by cherrygarcia80 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on the weightloss!
    Thank you! Your journey inspires me - congrats!