Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Economics, finance or computer science?

Have to choose subject and majors in the next 8 days.

Idk wut do.

Was thinking economics because I like how economies work and thought the knowledge I learn might become useful in stock trading (just a hobby right now). But everyone keeps saying job prospects of an economics degree are nothing.

Computer Science
    Can code in a few language at but nothing too special I'm mostly a script kiddie and just get people to do coding for me if I have a little business idea. Know basic python and web sesign css/html/php/mysql. I'm thinking everyone in the CS degree might be all phuckin wizards and blow me out of the park with their coding abilities.

Finance - wut

Or even a politics bachelor of arts and then Juris Doctor but it seems the law field is saturated as phuck. brb starting off at 50k aud after 6 years of study nothxjeff. Also I sat lsats from pirate bay and got between 150-160 but it seems for the bigger law school they only accept 170+.

Registered User chickenbroccoli's Avatar
    chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Economics - It's a social science. It will get you far with jobs working with people and consumer behavior. JMO

Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vaynex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i do comp sci its pretty hard unless you're one of those guys that have a passion to learn advanced coding... If you go home and you want to code in your spare time then you should do comp sci otherwise im not sure

yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000)
    Comp Sci no question.

KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KillahJon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have to choose subject and majors in the next 8 days.

wtf???

You shouldn't go to college if you're rushing to decide what you want to study....

starting weight: 120lbs PathToSage's Avatar
    PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    for jobs comp sci probably. it seems to be the most interesting out of the three if you are open to all of them
    *gonna make it crew*
    *positive crew*
    *hard on THOTs crew*

Need motivation?
    Skinny fat transformation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171436881&p=1442533821#post1442533821

Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    why major when its all about life knowledge

vinhumanvinhumanvinhuman vinhuman's Avatar
    vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You sound like me back in the day. I was deciding pretty much between the exact same majors.

I ended up doing an econ major and going to law school (scored mid 170s on the LSAT, went to a t14 on close to a full ride).

I had the same feelings with CS, and was also a bit of a script kid. Lately I have been brushing up on coding on Codeacademy and I enjoy it as a hobby, but not sure I would've been cut out for it as a career.

I think finance is a bit more practical than econ, but I don't regret doing econ because I found it more interesting and went into law school anyways. I would avoid the politics degree like the plague honestly, I know a few grads with those and they're all in completely different fields (multiple polisci kids have told me they wish they chose something else). That's worth it only if you're completely obsessed with politics, and even then a double major would be a good idea.

Feel free to pm me if you want the lowdown on law school/the legal market.

AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Computer science, but honestly, you might be better off by staying a few more years and switching to a real STEM major.

Econ and finance will be pretty worthless coming from your university. Go bio, physics, biochem, engineering, chemistry, math.

You won't listen to me, but maybe in 10 years you will remember this post and wish you had.

MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Why do you have to decide right now? Why not focus on getting some general ed requirements knocked out. Better yet, see if any of those majors have classes that can count towards your general ed classes, that way you can see if there is a field that you're interested in.
    Pureblood

¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Он не человек, он как кусок железа

Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamalishere will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    COmputer science if you want a job that pays well and is in high demand

DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    CS is pretty hard. If you can get through the pre requ's like calculus 2, physics 2, and an intro programming course then that's a good indicator that you have what it takes to finish the degree.

If I were you I'd d what I did. I went to college with every intention of doing CS. If I ever felt like it was too much, I was going to fall back on finance. Shoot high, so if you fail you can fall back on something almost as good. There's a reason why CS has around a 70% drop out rate. Some of the material can be pretty mind bending.

CS has a huge return on investment. My brothers first job after graduation was for a starting salary of $63k. Five years later, and he's switched jobs 4 times, and his salary now is around $135k not including bonuses. If you have a degree in CS, and are a decent programmer, you can pretty much pick and choose after you get a little bit of experience under your belt. Wanna talk about job security? You can show up to work in your ****in pajamas.

PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PositiveCrew has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you can make it at your school in the CS program, do it. Best job prospects, best money. Then after 10 years of saving and investing you can retire and do whatever you want with your life.

I tried CS and at my school the program was too cutthroat, so I swapped to Econ. Have basically no job prospects out of college. It's hella interesting, but not very useful.

Don't know anything about finance.

vinhumanvinhumanvinhuman vinhuman's Avatar
    vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vinhuman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamOm View Post
    Computer science, but honestly, you might be better off by staying a few more years and switching to a real STEM major.

Econ and finance will be pretty worthless coming from your university. Go bio, physics, biochem, engineering, chemistry, math.

You won't listen to me, but maybe in 10 years you will remember this post and wish you had.
    I know a decent amount of people with science degrees that struggled. I feel like econ/finance majors might have an easier time in the job market than bio/chem people, if we're just talking about Bachelor's degrees. A lot of science people end up in grad school.

If I had to do it again I might choose finance over econ (something I debated pretty heavily), but it worked out for me. I started at $55k before law school from a state school, not using my econ degree very much. Having a working knowledge of SQL helped me a lot. It's a good idea to develop some useful skills like that.

DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50) DiscoSkeletons will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lol, how is CS not a real STEM major? When people say STEM, CS is pretty much what they're talking about bro. It's as STEM as you can get. "Science, Technology, Engineering, Math", CS has elements of all of those. The fact that you'd suggest math over CS shows you have no idea about what you're talking about. Computer science is a branch of mathematics ffs. It's not a ****in IT degree.

AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamOm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DiscoSkeletons View Post
    Lol, how is CS not a real STEM major? When people say STEM, CS is pretty much what they're talking about bro. It's as STEM as you can get. "Science, Technology, Engineering, Math", CS has elements of all of those. The fact that you'd suggest math over CS shows you have no idea about what you're talking about. Computer science is a branch of mathematics ffs. It's not a ****in IT degree.
    eh, depends on the school. Good luck OP. 10 years.

MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, what about becoming an actuary? You can make a lot more being an actuary than a finance/econ guy.
    Pureblood

¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Он не человек, он как кусок железа

Registered User bettyswollocks9's Avatar
    bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Comp sci is for FA's

go into economics, get into big 4 accounting

Registered User bettyswollocks9's Avatar
    bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500) bettyswollocks9 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by MuscleXtreme View Post
    OP, what about becoming an actuary? You can make a lot more being an actuary than a finance/econ guy.
    Actuary=6-8 year slog,harder then medical school

phuck studying while working

and out if you fail qualifiers

BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lolno. I went down that rabbit hole and wish I could go back and change my major. I'm having to work on a second masters in statistics while I work on my PhD just so I can get a job that pays over $50k when I graduate.

OP, go with statistics or CS.

vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your school prestige and grades to date can get you into an M7 (Harvard/Stanford/Wharton/Booth/Kellogg/Sloan/Columbia) MBA or a T14 (Yale/Harvard/Stanford/U Chicago/Columbia/NYU/Penn/Duke/UC Berkeley/UVA/UM Ann Arbor/Northwestern/Cornell/Georgetown) JD, do econ/finance. Either of those works if you want to go to BSchool, but for LSchool econ is definitely better. If neither of those will happen, go for comp sci.
    Formerly MedellnMiscer, Currently BostonMiscer

whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    CS + Finance, and minor in econ. (Make sure you hit the maths/software development hard) = success
    2014 Misc Resolution: Negging no pics (screen captures of text don't count as pics)

HairyWBush Reps for life - Hamster Compassion: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181804893

InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm thinking everyone in the CS degree might be all phuckin wizards and blow me out of the park with their coding abilities.
    No, the majority of people are starting from completely fresh when they do their intro to C/C++/Java class or whatever they teach these days. There will be a small percentage that have been coding in legitimate languages for multiple years in high school.

PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vt2medellin View Post
    If your school prestige and grades to date can get you into an M7 (Harvard/Stanford/Wharton/Booth/Kellogg/Sloan/Columbia) MBA or a T14 (Yale/Harvard/Stanford/U Chicago/Columbia/NYU/Penn/Duke/UC Berkeley/UVA/UM Ann Arbor/Northwestern/Cornell/Georgetown) JD, do econ/finance. Either of those works if you want to go to BSchool, but for LSchool econ is definitely better. If neither of those will happen, go for comp sci.
    even though most top schools rarely count school prestige that highly as as long as the grades dont come from a super inflated schools and test scores are up to par then diversity is added which is what law schools brag about
    *gonna make it crew*
    *positive crew*
    *hard on THOTs crew*

Need motivation?
    Skinny fat transformation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171436881&p=1442533821#post1442533821

Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DiscoSkeletons View Post
    This^ That dude has no clue what he is talking about, lol.

OP- would you be able to swing a double major? If so, then I'd recommend CS and one of the other two. CS is really a great tag-along major to a lot of degrees.

If not, then go CS, IMO. You really can't go wrong with that choice.

vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000) vt2medellin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PathToSage View Post
    even though most top schools rarely count school prestige that highly as as long as the grades dont come from a super inflated schools and test scores are up to par then diversity is added which is what law schools brag about
    I mean you're right, you don't have to come from a top 10 undergrad or anything, but for all I know OP could be at a CC or something. I'd say anything around top 50 US news in either LAC or National Uni should be fine. But yeah, good call on the test scores, he needs to think about whether or not he can pull a 700ish gmat or 170ish lsat.
    Formerly MedellnMiscer, Currently BostonMiscer

Originally Posted by vt2medellin View Post
    I mean you're right, you don't have to come from a top 10 undergrad or anything, but for all I know OP could be at a CC or something. I'd say anything around top 50 US news in either LAC or National Uni should be fine. But yeah, good call on the test scores, he needs to think about whether or not he can pull a 700ish gmat or 170ish lsat.
    I come from a state school that is no where near top 50 US news but regularly posts people up in t14 law. 174+ Lsat would be ideal, but as long as the university is ranked and not a "RNP" on US News I think the university is in the clear
    *gonna make it crew*
    *positive crew*
    *hard on THOTs crew*

Need motivation?

LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LivingyourLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A TON of people in your CS classes won't know **** going into school. I didn't, and (no e-brag) I've had lots of people tell me I'm really good at programming. I'd like to agree with them, but all that happened is I put in the time in my classes and asked questions. Turns out I kind of like it too, so that helps, and I go and look at external resources to widen my breath of knowledge.

If your still not convince CS is NOT programming, in the sense that they'll teach you how to use all the modern and hip technologies people are using today. Rather they teach you the theory behind programming, because those concepts carry through even if people move from one programming language or framework to another. They teach you things like data structures, algorithms and discrete mathematics, subjects the self-taught programmers frequently lack in. So even if kids in your class know how to program, chances are they have real low exposure to the subjects you will actually be learning.

Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000) Milan224 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If i didn't like my current major, i would have transferred to cs a long time ago just for their career fairs. My friend just graduated with a cs bs and is working for snapchat and has an insane salary and says it's fun, too. The best part looks like the career fairs, because he was able to intern all over silicon valley from freshman-junior year. My career fairs are full of semi-poverty companies and universities.
    Do cs if you like it and if cool companies go to career fairs/recruit from your school.
    Blackhawks - Bayern - Rosberg
    Chicago crew
    Maroon; Crescat scientia; vita excolatur; Where fun goes to die.

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Econ is the most flexible degree. If you want to go into academia/gov't, hustle hard for grades first and foremost. If you're looking it as a way to get into multiple areas, then do extracurriculars that correspond to them (e.g. if you want to work in banking, get inside your uni's banking club, find an internship at a bank, go to industry networking events, etc.). Finance is a bit more specialized but you'll be in the best position to network your way in (probably; assuming your college's infrastructure is decent). CS is probably the most in demand of them all, but it has its own degree of difficulty. But if you were a script kiddie as you call yourself you already know better than most starting CS, so if that's what you want to do don't be intimidated, hustle in class/work and you're gonna be well-rewarded by graduation.

Hope this helps.
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis