Thread: Home Gym

BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BMatt10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Home Gym

Hi All,

What is the recommended size room for a home gym? I am looking to put in a squat rack/bench press station, and some 25-75 lb dumbbells.

I have a small room connected to my garage (7 1/2 ft x 11 1/2 ft, and about 8 feet to the ceiling). Is this sufficient enough, or would I be wasting time and money?

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I lifted in a 10x11 room originally. There's no reason it can't be done.

With that much space, you can still put in a 6 post power cage, FID bench & have room outside of the rack to deadlift if you want.
    Maybe you can store the dumbbells between the rear posts of the rack or somewhere along the wall.
    If that's all you have, you should have enough room. It can easily be done. Just be careful moving the bar around.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your entire basement . Leave enough room for the washer and dryer.

I'm sure you can make that space work . Now whether you can keep your sanity is another question
    Make Misc great again

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    30' x 60' is preferred. But you have to use what you have and prioritize your equipment.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoBitHit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My gym is 8'x5', that's enough room for the rack, bench, weights and other little things. Having 6 inches either side of the bar to add weight isn't fun, nor is the fact that I have to move my bench to another room when squatting or deadlifting. I think with your space you won't have to face these issues, you'll still probably need to deadlift in the rack since it could be a squeeze doing it outside.

Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BMatt10 View Post
    Hi All,

What is the recommended size room for a home gym? I am looking to put in a squat rack/bench press station, and some 25-75 lb dumbbells.

I have a small room connected to my garage (7 1/2 ft x 11 1/2 ft, and about 8 feet to the ceiling). Is this sufficient enough, or would I be wasting time and money?
    You can bench, squat and deadlift in that room....You'll be okay.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    It would be barely sufficient. I would recommend moving all your garage stuff into that room and parking the cars in the drive. That would give you a lot more room for your gym.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17