JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10) JulietteWalsh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New study on fasted cardio.... what do you guys think?

Hey!

I've been constantly battling with the "do I do cardio fasted or not" - and the controversial view that fasted cardio will help you burn more fat.....

So I just watched a programme on the BBC - "the big experiment how can i get my body to burn more fat without doing more exercise" (Can't post the link as this is my first ever post... but you could probably find it in google)

They conducted a study on fasted/fed cardio.

They believe that Men and women burn fat and carbohydrate in different ways..... and the results being (although a small sample) that women are better off eating before their cardio training as they will burn more fat than if fasted....

What do you guys think?

xxx

Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Michelle_Rose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JulietteWalsh View Post
    Hey!

I've been constantly battling with the "do I do cardio fasted or not" - and the controversial view that fasted cardio will help you burn more fat.....

So I just watched a programme on the BBC - "the big experiment how can i get my body to burn more fat without doing more exercise" (Can't post the link as this is my first ever post... but you could probably find it in google)

They conducted a study on fasted/fed cardio.

They believe that Men and women burn fat and carbohydrate in different ways..... and the results being (although a small sample) that women are better off eating before their cardio training as they will burn more fat than if fasted....

What do you guys think?

xxx
    If I dont eat in the morning, I cant even walk to work.

The difference between fasted cardio and not is minimal... to me, its like adding cayenne pepper on everything you eat to burn extra calories : maybe you should re-evaluate your daily choices instead of focusing on those 3 hypothetical calories you could burn.

Fasted cardio is more a personnal choice than a necessity.
    Yeah... I guess I should join the Over 35 Forum now, right ?

Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll tell you like I was told, try some of everything to see what works for you, but in my experience HIIT>all
    IG: kenneth_prime

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would just do whichever one causes you to perform better. Sometimes I train fasted. other days I train fed. Haven't noticed any difference.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Michelle_Rose View Post
    If I dont eat in the morning, I cant even walk to work.

The difference between fasted cardio and not is minimal... to me, its like adding cayenne pepper on everything you eat to burn extra calories : maybe you should re-evaluate your daily choices instead of focusing on those 3 hypothetical calories you could burn.

Fasted cardio is more a personnal choice than a necessity.
    This x 1000.

Don't eat if it upsets your stomach before working out. Or, if you can't hit the gym and perform well without a meal, then eat. Don't worry about the minutia.

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i saw the program too! I found it interesting, not sure how it would relate to trained individuals or larger sample sizes.
    I think both the theories -that exercising before eating will burn more fat as there is less glycogen to use, and that men and women may have slightly different metabolisms- have merit, but as others have said, you have to see what works for you.

Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magnolia916 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For me it just depends how long I'm awake before engaging in cardio. If I wake and hit the road for a run, and am out the door within 30 minutes, I go fasted - I cannot possibly eat anything other than drinking coffee, which isn't really eating. If over 90 minutes, like I'm lollygagging around the house and then decide to hit the gym, I won't be able to function if I don't get some calories in me beforehand. And then, I have to wait another hour to settle my stomach.

So for me, I'd say fasted works better, as if I'm eating it's because I have to, and I have to work to burn it off, which defeats the whole purpose...