Training for an iron butt Icepray's Avatar
    Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How I stay motivated, what about you?

So this has got to be the most asked question I got from my other thread where I wrote about my accident.

How did I not just give up, I don't really know why I kept my smile through out my amputation but I've tried to word, the best I can, what I feel has helped me stay driven.

Hopefully some of you can add to this thread on your own tips and tricks on what you do when you are down and unmotivated!
    Follow my vlog on my journey as an Amputee !
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/icepray
    Instagram: Icepray
    ********: www.********.com/ampuvation

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I sure don't have the obstacles you've had. My biggest obstacle is myself. 10 months in to lifting for keeps, my mind is still giving me excuses not to do it. I just have to make it a commitment as "not optional". Once it becomes optional, it will go away. I don't think I want that.

I weigh myself regularly, not because it actually tells me that much, but because it is a useful motivator to get me out the door. If I've gained weight since the last time, then I tell myself I have to burn it off. If I've lost weight, then I tell myself I need to keep doing what works.

I figure if I can take myself down with negative delusions, I can at least use positive delusions to keep me doing the right thing.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly, I lack motivation. That is my biggest problem. The only real motivator I have right now, being military, is my job. I either stay in fighting shape or I'm gone. That's probably why I can pass a PT test but I don't have a six pack. It's probably also why I fight with my weight continually and experiences fluctuations in fitness - especially seasonally, winter being the worst.

I've just reached a point where my workout has become such a part of my routine I feel wrong if I don't do it, but I could definitely use something to push me through those valleys. If I was to look deep down inside, I hate being embarrassed at the beach. I also hate feeling like my civilian relatives look in better shape than I do.

One thing I may start doing that has sort of worked for me in the past is keeping pictures of what I want to look like. They serve as reminders of what I'm suffering for.

Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PTzFree View Post
    Honestly, I lack motivation. That is my biggest problem. The only real motivator I have right now, being military, is my job. I either stay in fighting shape or I'm gone. That's probably why I can pass a PT test but I don't have a six pack. It's probably also why I fight with my weight continually and experiences fluctuations in fitness - especially seasonally, winter being the worst.

I've just reached a point where my workout has become such a part of my routine I feel wrong if I don't do it, but I could definitely use something to push me through those valleys. If I was to look deep down inside, I hate being embarrassed at the beach. I also hate feeling like my civilian relatives look in better shape than I do.

One thing I may start doing that has sort of worked for me in the past is keeping pictures of what I want to look like. They serve as reminders of what I'm suffering for.
    Six pack or not I still think you're an inspiration for doing what you do! Thank you for your service

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm no hero.

I just love working out.

On the #gaintrain Psychdockelly's Avatar
    Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psychdockelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    I'm no hero.

I just love working out.

Kind of this.. I have no motivation issues. I actually love to lift. It's what I get to do in my free time for myself.

Honestly if I ever lose the love for lifting I'll find another hobby. I honestly don't know how you guys who fight motivation do it. I'll always do some sort of workout to stay healthy, but I expect at some point to stumble across another hobby. I loved to run at one point. I loved to mountain bike. I've been lifting hard and heavy for a few years now. I expect at some point I'll catch another bug and go crazy about another hobby one day.

FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Motivation is something that comes from wanting to see change or to change. Later, motivation comes from seeing the small changes amount to big changes. You have to keep notice of even the small changes and reward yourself with praise for the small achievements on your way to those larger goals. The more you achieve the more you reward yourself and eventually others start to praise those achievements as they see that it took real effort to get to where your at. When you look in the mirror and you see those precious gains or you lift something with ease that you might have strained with in years past... that is where you get your motivation. At least, that is true in my case. I also simply like feeling good. Having the energy and ability to do the things I want to do....

Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jdizzlean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been on the rollercoaster for a while now. My current motivation is that I'm going to be a daddy soon, and I can't be a FA anymore. I gotta get and stay healthy for my kid, my wife, and me.

my biggest struggle is the food thing. I was a chef for a loooooong time, so i appreciate food more than just as fuel. It's a struggle, but I got time.

I've finally kicked the fast food hamburger cravings, it both doesn't sound good, nor taste good at all anymore. Next up, to work on the pizza thing, which will be harder...
    my workout blog: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177584181&p=1588523911#post1588523911

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Icepray View Post
    So this has got to be the most asked question I got from my other thread where I wrote about my accident.

How did I not just give up, I don't really know why I kept my smile through out my amputation but I've tried to word, the best I can, what I feel has helped me stay driven.

Hopefully some of you can add to this thread on your own tips and tricks on what you do when you are down and unmotivated!
    No simple answer... what works for me or him may not work for you

For me...I made a decision I wasnt satisfied with having my "measure" of myself defined but NOT achieving my goal. Made a pact with myself not to feel the "safety in numbers" and that "What the hell...most people give up...."

Its an internal standard that you set for yourself...one you carry around and what keeps you on track

At the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with giving up, being normal and average..if you strive to be better...to do better and to achieve what you're put here for..then you will find that button to push.

Look inside, mate..its in there.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I like something I don't need motivation. If anything I need self control to rest.

I'm getting ready for work atm and I have no motivation, lol...... see how that works.

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Psychdockelly View Post
    Kind of this.. I have no motivation issues. I actually love to lift. It's what I get to do in my free time for myself.
    I'll 3rd this.
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

Originally Posted by JimmyJonny View Post
    When I like something I don't need motivation. If anything I need self control to rest.

I'm getting ready for work atm and I have no motivation, lol...... see how that works.
    I love working out.

When I wake up it's one of the first thoughts in my head, but the difference between just liking working out and being motivated to obtain a crazy body with all the sacrifices with diet&exercice, some days are harder than others.

Like after my amputation, it took more than just enjoying my time at the gym

Registered User hellraiserbobby's Avatar
    hellraiserbobby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellraiserbobby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellraiserbobby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellraiserbobby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hellraiserbobby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have no life. Gym is something i enjoy....and is my sanctuary. I go there to relieve stress, achieve goals, and when i get real bored, I hop on a bike and read. Its an outlet for a lot of things for me. Also to see the caliber of women in the gym anywhere else would require me going to the beach or a stripclub. Personally i prefer the indoors.

bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    I'll 3rd this.
    Another nod of agreement here..people wonder at the fact that I don't even play music..don't mind it but don't need it either..love my gym time
    www.********.com/Oldmanmuscle
    www.Instagram.com/cobri66
    www.twitter.com/bric882009