Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: DB Challenge

striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) striktus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That was some light weight Half, looked really easy!

This weekend I did some chest cardio. 18 reps on 110's. Was mostly becuase another acquaintance at the gym that I talk to had done 16 or 17.
    That sure took the wind out of my chest, glad I can take long set breaks
    NO I'M NOT PREGNANT, JUST FAT! Shredded once though, it counts, FOREVER!

650 kg / 1433 lbs Gym total
    Dumbbell press crew
    Deadlift crew
    Squats so-so crew

anonymous
    Is this deeks legitimately mentally ill? I missed his banning first time round but this is way too pitiful and far too much effort to be just trolling at this point.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    Is this deeks legitimately mentally ill? I missed his banning first time round but this is way too pitiful and far too much effort to be just trolling at this point.
    Yes, he is very mentally ill. He has been banned no less than 50 times. His story is that he lost a political debate months ago, it did not go his way, and he blew a fuse. Couple of screws came loose. Ever since he has been a coward and that is why he has to post as an anonymous poster/troll/loser boy.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    this turned out to be a pretty good thread.. Good to see people coming in here and not only just posting their normal chest routines..BUT upping the game and grabbing those heavy dblls..nice!! Ill be doing a quick and easy full body workout tonight..SO nothing to post about.BUT next chest day I guess I'll try and post.THING is my gym only has dblls up to 100lbs..soo unless I do like 20 reps..might not be worth posting..lol
    !!!!DONT LIKE ME?..DONT AGREE!!!...DONT CARE!!!!..."drops mic"...PEACEOUT!!!

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    this turned out to be a pretty good thread.. Good to see people coming in here and not only just posting their normal chest routines..BUT upping the game and grabbing those heavy dblls..nice!! Ill be doing a quick and easy full body workout tonight..SO nothing to post about.BUT next chest day I guess I'll try and post.THING is my gym only has dblls up to 100lbs..soo unless I do like 20 reps..might not be worth posting..lol
    Thanks, Mike. Yeah, it seems like that is the problem with a lot of gyms - their DBs are limited. So, this thread will slow down. I will be switching to flat DB presses next week.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Thanks, Mike. Yeah, it seems like that is the problem with a lot of gyms - their DBs are limited. So, this thread will slow down. I will be switching to flat DB presses next week.
    i guess i could tie on some other dblls for added weight..LOL.. Would love to see what I could get up to actually. Its crazy how scary "if thats the right word" dblls kind of look and feel at the 100lbs..im sure once at 150lbs they are nuts..seeing some pros pushing 200lb dblls is insane..

Im actually surprised I was able to do them. Even when I was workingout religiously for those 3 years at my home,I never had dblls over 50lbs. Years before I did have up to 100lbs but it was years ago..It felt good though grabbing them and getting them into position with no problem after so many years of not workingout..crazy..im sure a lot of you here know the feeling. SO for now I'll just imagine what 150's feel like..:/

JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks like alot of people are getting injured with the inclines presses....

Still feeling pain in mine, but alot less, may be ready to lift again in a week or so. Therapist said it is a strained rotator cuff tendon and to stop all chest exercises till it is healed. My thickheaded-itis want to keep lifting but Wifey keeps that in check usually.

i guess i could tie on some other dblls for added weight..LOL.. Would love to see what I could get up to actually. Its crazy how scary "if thats the right word" dblls kind of look and feel at the 100lbs..im sure once at 150lbs they are nuts..seeing some pros pushing 200lb dblls is insane..

Im actually surprised I was able to do them. Even when I was workingout religiously for those 3 years at my home,I never had dblls over 50lbs. Years before I did have up to 100lbs but it was years ago..It felt good though grabbing them and getting them into position with no problem after so many years of not workingout..crazy..im sure a lot of you here know the feeling. SO for now I'll just imagine what 150's feel like..:/
    Halfway here taught me how to duct tape weight to DBs. A couple of years ago I duct taped 2.5s on 120s to make 125lb DBs. I might do that again if I can get past the 130s on flat. We will see.

Originally Posted by JohnnyBurst View Post
    Looks like alot of people are getting injured with the inclines presses....

Still feeling pain in mine, but alot less, may be ready to lift again in a week or so. Therapist said it is a strained rotator cuff tendon and to stop all chest exercises till it is healed. My thickheaded-itis want to keep lifting but Wifey keeps that in check usually.
    Sorry for the pain. Hope you heal up quick. Even though my shoulder feels the pressure, I am not in the position to stop - just change direction to flat.

I am not a medical professional, but using extremely light weight with flat DB presses and BB presses some years ago after I really hurt my RC with Incline BB, helped me keep mobility and the slight stretching helped keep the blood flowing. I really believe that part of rehab is keeping mobile with very light weights. That's not a suggestion. It just worked for me after a serious injury years ago.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post

Heres how it went for the first pair of SSs of the morning...

DB Flat
    70sX10
    85sX8
    100sX8 (vid)
    100sX5 (almost 6)
    100sX5 (+1)
    90sX7 (+1)
    Nice work man. Your progress has been amazing. Keep it up!!

bump

did the 120's for 2 x 15 (one before this and one after) then a metric fckton of low intensity accessory / pump work to avoid annoying the shoulder

Think I might be good for 150 x 7 next time based on the degree of grind in the last rep but I might take a while to test that theory

Nice set man!!! As much fun as I had watching it, I dropped back this week and need to re-establish the movement in my brain before I push for more. Hell, I worked out at home so I just finished off with a few light sets. (too lazy to want to mess around with putting a bunch of weight on the Ironmasters and lowering them gently stresses my tennis elbow too much)

Your strength is impressive. I am guessing your barbell (if injury were not an issue) would be 415-420-ish? You dont see that a lot when you are not SHW...and even then it is fairly rare.

Win or lose I am posting my video. As mentioned above, I am having left shoulder pain. Pretty sure it is the RC. Felt it all weekend.

As you can tell in the video, after kicking up the DBs into position, I waited several seconds before trying to lift. That was because of my left shoulder being a little weak and painful which affected my confidence. My warm up consisted of flat BB bench press - 135 for 5, 185 for 8, 225 for 6, 275 for 5. Then, jumped on the Incline 125 DBs. I should have done a set of 100s for my CNS, but you live and learn.

Going to flat DBs next week.
    Careful on the pain! Dont let your ego get the best of you. I have learned (the hard way) that I generally dont ever push through pain. It is not worth it. Just back off and rehab or rest till it comes time to push again. You will not be any further behind then if you actually hurt something and are FORCED to take time off.

Nice work! Look forward to the next (flat) vids.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

anonymous
    duct tape is great for adding extra weight to your DBs - but be very careful, I know a former natty pro BBer who tore his pec doing this. He didn't tape the plates on securely enough and one dropped off and struck his pec tendon just as he was locking out a rep - absolute freak accident but it was enough to end his bbing career

also some gyms will freak out and kick you out if you try it. Make sure yours is a more relaxed kind of place!

id, not sure man, I used to be a pretty strong bencher but I doubt I could even put up 365 today as I lose the ability to do a lift veeeery fast when I don't do it. IIRC the most I ever did paused at my current BW was 435

When I get back to inclines I think I'm going to just stick to 100lb max. Flat doesn't hurt at all and inclines do stretch the pec and shoulder a lot more than flat, and in a worse direction

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got a pair of 70's for my birthday so gave them their first run today with presses and rows.

Here's my last set of presses..70's x 11

365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    I got a pair of 70's for my birthday so gave them their first run today with presses and rows.

Here's my last set of presses..70's x 11

Mirror, happy birthday and what a nice present to yourself. Nice set. You had great control of all reps. You can use those DBs for a lot of various exercises. Thanks for posting.

dprep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a Reagan republican. Democrats suck.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great Pressing Mirro, I Think your gonna need some bigger DBs before your next B-day.

I lost a rep today but was overall satisfied. I did them slower focusing more on feeling the muscles work rather than just getting the weight up. I'm nursing a fuked back, but I think it went back into place today during squats. Either that or I will be in traction cause my R hip/lower back made a huge sucking pop that I felt through my whole body. No more sharp nerve like pain so thats a good sign. So no PRs for me today, but gave it what I could.

First heavy sets DB Presses & Rows

DB Presses
    70sX10
    85sX8
    100sX7 (7.5 but -1 from last week)
    100sX6
    90sX7

SS With

DB Rows
    85sX10
    100sX10
    120sX8
    120sX8
    120sX8

JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JohnnyBurst is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    HSorry for the pain. Hope you heal up quick. Even though my shoulder feels the pressure, I am not in the position to stop - just change direction to flat.

I am not a medical professional, but using extremely light weight with flat DB presses and BB presses some years ago after I really hurt my RC with Incline BB, helped me keep mobility and the slight stretching helped keep the blood flowing. I really believe that part of rehab is keeping mobile with very light weights. That's not a suggestion. It just worked for me after a serious injury years ago.
    Thanks for the advice from someone who's "been there". I did super light presses yesterday and then some flat bench w/ 15lbs dumbbell's with no pain, just mild soreness. Worked more with 5lb dumbbell on side raises. I appreciate it. Feeling alot better.

Originally Posted by JohnnyBurst View Post
    Thanks for the advice from someone who's "been there". I did super light presses yesterday and then some flat bench w/ 15lbs dumbbell's with no pain, just mild soreness. Worked more with 5lb dumbbell on side raises. I appreciate it. Feeling alot better.
    Good to hear. That should help keep the blood circulating and hopefully help the healing process, which is slow, so be patient.

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great work ITT. Glad to see people are still getting after it.

I took a couple days off this week because I was having some routine labs drawn for my annual physical. I was hoping the couple days of rest would allow me to finally get the 110's on incline. No dice. I even had a lift to the top starting position. I got one ugly rep and put them on the rack. I don't know why they seem so much heaver than the 107.5's. I'm not sure if I'm going to reset on the Inc DB or just go back to the HS incline. I have been eating at a small deficit but not for long enough to impact my other lifts so thats not it.

Originally Posted by trickyB View Post

I took a couple days off this week because I was having some routine labs drawn for my annual physical. I was hoping the couple days of rest would allow me to finally get the 110's on incline. No dice. I even had a lift to the top starting position. I got one ugly rep and put them on the rack. I don't know why they seem so much heaver than the 107.5's. I'm not sure if I'm going to reset on the Inc DB or just go back to the HS incline. I have been eating at a small deficit but not for long enough to impact my other lifts so thats not it.
    well at least you tried right?..I wonder sometimes if getting stuck is more of a mental issue with some then others? Maybe dont even look at the dumbbells when you choose to pick them up..just grab them..get set in the seat..and say f%^&IT..and just do it..MAYBE that will help? Not sure..I do know lifting is very mental..good luck and good job

duct tape is great for adding extra weight to your DBs - but be very careful, I know a former natty pro BBer who tore his pec doing this. He didn't tape the plates on securely enough and one dropped off and struck his pec tendon just as he was locking out a rep - absolute freak accident but it was enough to end his bbing career

also some gyms will freak out and kick you out if you try it. Make sure yours is a more relaxed kind of place!

id, not sure man, I used to be a pretty strong bencher but I doubt I could even put up 365 today as I lose the ability to do a lift veeeery fast when I don't do it. IIRC the most I ever did paused at my current BW was 435

When I get back to inclines I think I'm going to just stick to 100lb max. Flat doesn't hurt at all and inclines do stretch the pec and shoulder a lot more than flat, and in a worse direction
    I cant wait to finally get my own home gym again one day. I wont have BIG insane weights as thats not my goal. BUT I will try and have some dblls over 100lbs for when the moment calls for it. Really would love to try 125'bs or so..Just to see and feel the difference even when picking them up.

AND YEA..be careful on those presses. They can mess you up even with dblls. Inclines are tricky. Ive always been ok with them,but some are..some arent. AND you and me both having shoulder issues its really tricky. SO far though im ok..I mean..I cant hurt my shoulders any worse I dont think..lol..

No taping on of weights for me..I did however use to hang some dblls off my bar when benching sometimes but the swaying and such kind of took my concentration off for a sec sometimes..so..didnt do it often.

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well at least you tried right?..I wonder sometimes if getting stuck is more of a mental issue with some then others? Maybe dont even look at the dumbbells when you choose to pick them up..just grab them..get set in the seat..and say f%^&IT..and just do it..MAYBE that will help? Not sure..I do know lifting is very mental..good luck and good job
    Yeah definitely a mental component to lifting. I think I've psyched myself out at this point. I was still progressing on the HS incline when I stopped so I think I'm going to go that route.

Originally Posted by trickyB View Post

Failure is part of success - in most anything. It is part of progression and learning. You might need another week to recupe and then the following week you will be in full form.

anonymous
    The problem is once the initial adaption kicks in there's not much progression with DBS

I did 130 x 12 then the 150s for 2 x 6 the other day and there's no way I could have got an extra rep in any of those sets. Barbell progression seemed much easier

Maybe I should aim for 130 x 15 rather than pushing it with the 150s but as soon as I stop using the heavy weights it becomes technically challenging to get them into position and psyche myself up to press them... The rep drop off seems to be three reps for every 10lb on the bar so I guess I might be able to triple my 160s but that seems dangerous

Added back in paused inclines again but for 4x8 with the 100s and minimal rest.. I think this will be the most I push that lift as going heavy or all out just wasn't smart

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I tried 60's yesterday but that damn left side wouldn't budge, not a single rep made.....fustrating.

I dropped down to the 55's and got in two sets of ten. My last vid was a 55 fail then tried again and got it. So I guess getting in another set is a improvement and thats a good thing...... movin foward.

Weighed in at #144. In 23 more days I'm gonna start gaining weight again. All my lifts are close to stalling and my plan is to eat my way through it, lol.

Still struggling with working and lifting so I think I'm going to join another gym. It's one of those open 24hr/365. It's 2 minutes from the house, costs $15/month........ and it has a squat rack. I will still lift at the Y but now I can lift on Sundays if I need to.

I'm enjoying the videos, some serious weight being pushed. My next vid will prolly only be 60# for 5 reps. Atm I can't do one so I'm not sure when it will happen.

The problem is once the initial adaption kicks in there's not much progression with DBS

I did 130 x 12 then the 150s for 2 x 6 the other day and there's no way I could have got an extra rep in any of those sets. Barbell progression seemed much easier

Maybe I should aim for 130 x 15 rather than pushing it with the 150s but as soon as I stop using the heavy weights it becomes technically challenging to get them into position and psyche myself up to press them... The rep drop off seems to be three reps for every 10lb on the bar so I guess I might be able to triple my 160s but that seems dangerous

Added back in paused inclines again but for 4x8 with the 100s and minimal rest.. I think this will be the most I push that lift as going heavy or all out just wasn't smart
    Pretty good analysis, Half. There are always give and takes when trying to decide which route to take, as in heavy low reps or lighter higher reps. Boils down to bbing and/power lifting. I guess you could do both, but the problem with that is keeping track of progression, since one hurts the other. Unless, you Periodize heavy low reps for however long it takes you to get to your highest weight without failing; then, move to the lighter higher reps.

Originally Posted by JimmyJonny View Post
    I tried 60's yesterday but that damn left side wouldn't budge, not a single rep made.....fustrating.

I dropped down to the 55's and got in two sets of ten. My last vid was a 55 fail then tried again and got it. So I guess getting in another set is a improvement and thats a good thing...... movin foward.

Weighed in at #144. In 23 more days I'm gonna start gaining weight again. All my lifts are close to stalling and my plan is to eat my way through it, lol.

Still struggling with working and lifting so I think I'm going to join another gym. It's one of those open 24hr/365. It's 2 minutes from the house, costs $15/month........ and it has a squat rack. I will still lift at the Y but now I can lift on Sundays if I need to.

I'm enjoying the videos, some serious weight being pushed. My next vid will prolly only be 60# for 5 reps. Atm I can't do one so I'm not sure when it will happen.
    The new gym sounds like the best option. I would do that in a heart beat. Just never worry about other people. There is always someone stronger and bigger than you. Lift for yourself.

Changed up to flat DB presses this morning. Did 4 sets with 110s - 12, 12, 8, 6 reps. Video for that not necessary.

Will do the 120s next Monday for the video, then move up until something breaks.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Today is supposed to be my "light" day. I did heavy chest on Mon. Anyway....went in the gym and felt like doing nothing. (one of those butt dragging days). So I forced myself to suck it up and started running the dumbbell rack. After I finished with the 120's, I looked over at the old time york 150's sitting in the corner with dust on them. (I was working out in my old school gym).

So I said fuk it! Asked a buddy for a spot as I did not know what to expect. Did not vid it as I was not expecting much. Flipped back and just felt the weight of them. Held them in the lowered position for a while and then just went for it.

I actually managed 6 good ones. Was pretty happy and it really got my workout going. Just sharing..... I know....no vid no care
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Today is supposed to be my "light" day. I did heavy chest on Mon. Anyway....went in the gym and felt like doing nothing. (one of those butt dragging days). So I forced myself to suck it up and started running the dumbbell rack. After I finished with the 120's, I looked over at the old time york 150's sitting in the corner with dust on them. (I was working out in my old school gym).

So I said fuk it! Asked a buddy for a spot as I did not know what to expect. Did not vid it as I was not expecting much. Flipped back and just felt the weight of them. Held them in the lowered position for a while and then just went for it.

I actually managed 6 good ones. Was pretty happy and it really got my workout going. Just sharing..... I know....no vid no care
    I always make sure I can get a lift before I video it nowadays. Don't want to be this jackass

Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post

Nice. Been there, so no sweat. But, I have not been there with the elusive 150s. I will crush the 120s on flat Monday morning, and will move up from there.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I always make sure I can get a lift before I video it nowadays. Don't want to be this jackass

lol

anonymous
    nice id, but yeah, no vid no lift lol

in a similar vein I did the 130's for 3 sets of 12 one arm floor press last session - that falls right in like with 10lbs on the bar = 3 less reps, sadly

I'm going to switch between that and non-paused flat DBs for the time being as neither seems to irritate my shoulders as much as heavy inclines

lighter paused inclines or paused flats for the backdown sets, followed by cables and pump work on the HS machines and hopefully I'll be able to hit those 150's for 8+ eventually

(although at this point I'm wondering if I can expect much if any progress without jumping on a bunch of extra supplements.. that's how it seems to go after a certain point and I'm not doing that..)

Well i guess I'll post my press from this morning. I did one set of 100lbs 10reps then noticed my dumb video camera wasnt going.SO i managed to push out another set of 10reps. Although its not more weight than the last 100lbs video I shared,I did manage 2 "unplanned" sets of 10reps..Where the other video I did 8 reps..SO anyways..I'll link from my ******** and hope it works..IF not let me know and i'll youtube it..
    https://www.********.com/michael.tho...r&notif_t=like

thing ive noticed since getting back to lifting..I run out of breath FAST!!..i use to never lose wind just lifting..AND if I did I was breathing normal withing a couple seconds..NOW im panting and sweating so badly its sad..I know im 5 years older since workingout all the time..BUT geeshhh..im really bad. THIS affects me in all my daily activities..From walking,running,sports,and even putting my shoes on..IM trying though,which is a LOT more than I did over the last 5 years..
    EDIT..OK I was wrong..my last video i did 12 reps..DOH!!!..but only one set..so..still did a total of 20 reps today instead of just a set of 12..its all good though.
    Last edited by mikieson; 09-05-2015 at 06:05 PM.