OHTHISDUDE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Don't know where to begin

Greetings all,
    I don't know where to begin but I'll start by saying that I'm in need of some serious help! I'm not actively going to the gym as I should, and I've gotten into a slump with myself, and I'm noticing it every time I take pictures or see myself in the mirror. I attached a picture of myself at my birthday party, and what I don't understand is when others take pictures of me, I look really out of shape. SO my question to you guys that are already doing well with keeping your body in shape is.. Where do I begin? I'm 6 feet tall, and weigh about 230 lbs. My face/head/neck seems to be where I'm seeing most of my fat, and of course all over as well. I really dislike the fact that when I smile, my eyes look to be closed, and cheeks are too puffy. So, again where do I begin??

My goal is to become lean, cut, and to have somewhat a defined jaw line.. is that too much to ask?
    Attached Images

175 in avi. Bear mode now DJDBB's Avatar
    DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000) DJDBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Checkout the stickies in the nutrition section. These are the posts that are pinned in the forum section. Basically you wanna get your consistency down with your weight training and calorie intake and then make adjustments from there.
    ****St. Jude/FedEx Classic Donation Thread****
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173739861

OHTHISDUDE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DJDBB View Post
    Checkout the stickies in the nutrition section. These are the posts that are pinned in the forum section. Basically you wanna get your consistency down with your weight training and calorie intake and then make adjustments from there.
    Thank you, i'll check it out.

iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    - Eat at a caloric deficit (burn more calories daily than those you eat) to lose weight/fat (preferrably aiming at around 2 lbs lost per week)
    - Eat sufficient protein and lift weights to keep your current muscle mass
    - Optional: Add cardio if you want to increase your caloric deficit (you can start by simply taking a 30 min walk 4-5 times a week)

The stickies have all the info you need. Good luck!

Vbaez6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strength Training and Cardio!

Originally Posted by OHTHISDUDE View Post
    Greetings all,
    I don't know where to begin but I'll start by saying that I'm in need of some serious help! I'm not actively going to the gym as I should, and I've gotten into a slump with myself, and I'm noticing it every time I take pictures or see myself in the mirror. I attached a picture of myself at my birthday party, and what I don't understand is when others take pictures of me, I look really out of shape. SO my question to you guys that are already doing well with keeping your body in shape is.. Where do I begin? I'm 6 feet tall, and weigh about 230 lbs. My face/head/neck seems to be where I'm seeing most of my fat, and of course all over as well. I really dislike the fact that when I smile, my eyes look to be closed, and cheeks are too puffy. So, again where do I begin??

My goal is to become lean, cut, and to have somewhat a defined jaw line.. is that too much to ask?
    I am not a fitness trainer by any means. While I don't think you look all that out of shape, I can see where you might be getting frustrated with your cheeks. You need to start consuming less calories than you burn in a day. Buy a food scale, use an app like MyfitnessPal, and track what you eat throughout the day versus what you burn. Start getting some cardio in your day. I don't mean the elliptical either. Good luck and dont forget about strength training!

VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) VanSevenSeat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im in the same situation, my puffy/fat face bother me... im 5f10 198, was 220 2 month ago, my face look a lot slimmer now but it still look puffy.. find a motivation, eat healthier , give everything u got at the gym and live your life