pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000)

SinglePly Programming

looking to transition from raw to single ply lifting for a bit of a change.

Whilst I'm familiar with the array of training systems and programs for raw lifting, I'm not as familiar with how you incorporate gear into these programs. Any resources/suggestions are greatly appreciated

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's no real cookie cutter type of programs out there like there is for raw lifting. I'll just give you a quickie on my training style.

Overview:
    All my off season work is all raw. I only train three days a week, one squat/pull day and one dedicated bench day and light bench on squat day. May not be "optimal" but its always worked for me. I'll start my meet prep work about 12 weeks out for squats, 8-10 weeks out for bench and deadlift. I don't do a ton of accessory work but my accessory work is directly related to my lifts i.e. ssb, front squats, boards, chains, pull from deficit, pull from blocks, etc.

During off season work I'll just do some simple linear work, ramping intensity up and dropping volume. This year after nationals I did 4 weeks of 8's, 4 weeks of 5's and 3 weeks of doubles before putting the wraps back on. Each week I go up in weight. I usually hit a "top set" but if that is easy I'll do a second or third set. So for example on one particular week I was supposed to do 405x8. I did it, if felt easy, did a second set etc.

Squats:
    weeks 12-9, is just knee wraps. I stay in 5 rep range these weeks. Same as raw, working up to a top set and doing extra sets if I can.
    weeks 8-5, suit bottoms and wraps. I generally will do doubles or triples for top sets, then do some five's on some down sets.
    weeks 4-meet, full gear. I'll work up to top single then do drop sets

Bench:
    Make sure you do lots of touching and one board work. For a beginner this is the hardest piece of equipment to learn.

I alternate boards on this one in three week waves. I only do doubles and singles. (I do more rep work in my looser shirt for acc work)
    Ex wave:
    week 1: 495x2 5 sets 2board
    week 2: 495x2 5 sets 1board
    week 3: 495x1 2-3 sets to chest
    (For a beginner I'd recommend using a 1 board and a 1/2 board instead of 2 and 1 boards)
    add weight repeat wave up to meet.

I keep my raw day on squat day during meet prep up until the last few weeks. Acc work is slingshot/ram, boards, and tri work.

Deadlift:
    pretty simple and not much changes from raw. Just add the suit bottoms around 8 weeks out. I don't put straps up until 3-4 weeks out. Again, I hit a "top set" then extra sets as needed.

Sorry if I've confused you more than you were confused to begin with lol. If you have experienced lifters around you just do what they say to do.
    ***Georgia Crew***

pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000) pappas69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    There's no real cookie cutter type of programs out there like there is for raw lifting. I'll just give you a quickie on my training style.

Overview:
    All my off season work is all raw. I only train three days a week, one squat/pull day and one dedicated bench day and light bench on squat day. May not be "optimal" but its always worked for me. I'll start my meet prep work about 12 weeks out for squats, 8-10 weeks out for bench and deadlift. I don't do a ton of accessory work but my accessory work is directly related to my lifts i.e. ssb, front squats, boards, chains, pull from deficit, pull from blocks, etc.

During off season work I'll just do some simple linear work, ramping intensity up and dropping volume. This year after nationals I did 4 weeks of 8's, 4 weeks of 5's and 3 weeks of doubles before putting the wraps back on. Each week I go up in weight. I usually hit a "top set" but if that is easy I'll do a second or third set. So for example on one particular week I was supposed to do 405x8. I did it, if felt easy, did a second set etc.

Squats:
    weeks 12-9, is just knee wraps. I stay in 5 rep range these weeks. Same as raw, working up to a top set and doing extra sets if I can.
    weeks 8-5, suit bottoms and wraps. I generally will do doubles or triples for top sets, then do some five's on some down sets.
    weeks 4-meet, full gear. I'll work up to top single then do drop sets

Bench:
    Make sure you do lots of touching and one board work. For a beginner this is the hardest piece of equipment to learn.

I alternate boards on this one in three week waves. I only do doubles and singles. (I do more rep work in my looser shirt for acc work)
    Ex wave:
    week 1: 495x2 5 sets 2board
    week 2: 495x2 5 sets 1board
    week 3: 495x1 2-3 sets to chest
    (For a beginner I'd recommend using a 1 board and a 1/2 board instead of 2 and 1 boards)
    add weight repeat wave up to meet.

I keep my raw day on squat day during meet prep up until the last few weeks. Acc work is slingshot/ram, boards, and tri work.

Deadlift:
    pretty simple and not much changes from raw. Just add the suit bottoms around 8 weeks out. I don't put straps up until 3-4 weeks out. Again, I hit a "top set" then extra sets as needed.

Sorry if I've confused you more than you were confused to begin with lol. If you have experienced lifters around you just do what they say to do.
    Mate, that is one awesome explanation. Thanks so much!