TejanoRey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Can't lose the weight?

I have been keeping my weight pretty good for all my life. Now that I have served the military and have been diagnosed with a disability for my back and left leg, I cannot run for it will worsen the pain and maybe cause more damage to my body. My dilema is that I'm rapidly getting a gut and doing sittups all the time is getting my stomach in muscular but at a bigger waist line. I'm currenlty on a diet but can't seem to lose the weight fast enough. Do you guys recommend anything? I want to make my waist smaller and at the same time build muscle for it to keep it small. Before I used to run to keep my weight down but I can' t anymore. I will take any suggestions.
    Attached Images
    Respectfully,
    TejanoRey

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
    -Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing.

mj4spc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can you use a bike? a recumbant bike puts very little pressure on your body as compared to other forms of cardio exercise. that would be my suggestion.

That is a good idea. I will give it a try. As for the other guys..if you got some other suggestions..i'm all ears..
    Respectfully,
    TejanoRey

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
    -Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing.

amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by TejanoRey
    That is a good idea. I will give it a try. As for the other guys..if you got some other suggestions..i'm all ears..
    IMO Try doing cardio by swimming laps. You will get a full body-workout by doing this. This will have no impact on your legs or create extra stress on you back vs running. As far as nutrition, I would suggest trying a Keto Diet.

Check this out on step by step Keto:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=36497

Cheers!
    "Too often,we lose sight of lifes simple pleasure,remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 Muscles in ur face to frown,but it only takes 4 muscles to extend you arm and BITCH slap that mothafuwkas upside the head!!!"

I just got back from an Ab Class and a Spinning classes. Lasted from one and half to two hourse. Before that I was at the gym. The Cardio definitely got me sweating. I am going to combine it with this new Diet that you mentions "Keto" and see my results in a few weeks.
    Respectfully,
    TejanoRey

amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50) amd_me will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Originally posted by TejanoRey
    I just got back from an Ab Class and a Spinning classes. Lasted from one and half to two hourse. Before that I was at the gym. The Cardio definitely got me sweating. I am going to combine it with this new Diet that you mentions "Keto" and see my results in a few weeks.
    IMO Yes defenitely, try the CKD Keto Diet! In fact, I'm in Ketosis! Losing Lots of fat! Personally I'm Cycling the CKD and the 40/40/20 diet to keep my body guessing so, that I do not plateu on my fat loss. Also, I'm creating a caloric deficiet by multiplying 10x my body weight. For you, start at 12 and slowly decrease the calories. This is the key when you cycle the diet with another so, you don't gain extra weight. If you do decide to go on a regular diet after coming off of CKD, remember to slowly introduce carbs to your body. Try taking some ECA thermogenics to help increase the fat loss! Cardio is a must if you want to also, increase the fat loss. Try doing HIITS in the swimming pool! Do freestyle laps and then sprint a lap as fast as you can. Haven't you notice most Olympic swimmers are CUT! With a sound diet and nutrition, you will have a good set of abs. You could do a thousand situps and it will not make your waistline smaller.(you cannot spot reduce)

Hope this helps!
    "Too often,we lose sight of lifes simple pleasure,remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 Muscles in ur face to frown,but it only takes 4 muscles to extend you arm and BITCH slap that mothafuwkas upside the head!!!"

as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by amd_me
    In fact, I'm in Ketosis! Losing Lots of fat!
    how much fat have you lost ?

Originally posted by as0l0
    how much fat have you lost ?
    as0l0 sup buddy,

So far I lost 22 lbs and went from 25% BF to 11%
    I started my fat loss in the begining of June 2003. At that time I weighed in at 214 lbs at 5'8 and now weigh 192lbs. I use the Fat tracker II Calipers,online bodyfat test(measuring with Myotape) and having my Gym take the measurement and divide by 3 to get my total. I'm getting close to my goal!

WOW..that is impressive...
    Respectfully,
    TejanoRey

as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) as0l0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    as0l0 sup buddy,

I started my fat loss in the begining of June 2003. At that time I weighed in at 214 lbs at 5'8 and now weigh 192lbs. I use the Fat tracker II Calipers,online bodyfat test(measuring with Myotape) and having my Gym take the measurement and divide by 3 to get my total. I'm getting close to my goal!
    that also suggests that you gained 10 pounds of muscle. any possibility the first measurement was a bit off ?

either way, top effort !!

Originally posted by as0l0
    that also suggests that you gained 10 pounds of muscle. any possibility the first measurement was a bit off ?

either way, top effort !!
    I've been taking measurements first thing in the morning and also, taking in from the same spot.(Diagonal from the chest, 1/2 vertical from the belly button and midway vertical on the quad) I've been so, far getting constisent readings. So, I doubt I made a mistake from the first measurment. I will someday post PICs on a webpage of my entire results.

like I say. top effort.

Plop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know you can't run, but can you do walking on a treadmill ?

If not, as someone esle suggested earlier, go for the stationary bike.

Good luck for your fitness goals !

as0l0 sup buddy,

Can you post a link for the Myotape/website calculator? I have a myotape and I have been looking for a good site to use.

Thanks.

Originally posted by mj4spc
    Can you post a link for the Myotape/website calculator? I have a myotape and I have been looking for a good site to use.

Thanks.
    Here it is:

http://www.healthcentral.com/cooltoo...s/bodyfat1.cfm

Here it is:

http://www.healthcentral.com/cooltoo...s/bodyfat1.cfm

Wow, I just put in my measurements from last week and it said I had 8% BF. That is hilarious. That is about 14 points too low. Just to see if I did something wrong, I put the previous month's numbers in and it was still off my about 16 points. Either I have made some kind of major error in the measurements or units, or it just doesn't work for slightly chubby 28yo's.

Thanks though!