Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Scorpion77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Using carbohydrate supplement for the first time

So, any recomendations? Should i use it only after workout?

I was thinking about buying the ON Pro Gainer. Yes\no? Any other ideas?

Thanks.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What supplement did you buy, and what was your purpose of making the purchase?
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Scorpion77 View Post

Thanks.
    You would be better eating more food than the gainer
    Cheaper and much more nutrient dense

If you bought a carb powder it may benefit endurance athletes for long bouts if activity dosed peri/intra workout

Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    What supplement did you buy, and what was your purpose of making the purchase?
    Didnt buy any, I was asking because I need to put some mass on and wanted some opinions.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just eat some oats instead. That'd be a waste of money IMO.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Didnt buy any, I was asking because I need to put some mass on and wanted some opinions.
    Go for some extra food then, cereal is great for carbs if that is all you want, or peanut butter, ice cream, eggs, milk, steak... any foods you like.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    Just eat some oats instead. That'd be a waste of money IMO.
    I have oats, but i take them before training and in the morning, since they are complex carbs.

So you guys all for 2 bananas and a scoop of regular whey?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have oats, but i take them before training and in the morning, since they are complex carbs.

So you guys all for 2 bananas and a scoop of regular whey?
    wha?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    wha?

Eating 2 bananas mixed with a scoop of whey.

What the hell do you guys eat after training then?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

whatever we are in the mood for most likely. I usually hit up a buffet
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Registered User ManOfStatureCOM's Avatar
    ManOfStatureCOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Bruh...

Dude, enjoy your carbs by eating FOOD, carbs are the funnest type of food to eat.

I'm huge on supplements but Carb supps are a total waste of time IMHO. That being said, if you're going to take one look for the one with the best taste recommendations or for the lower price per serving because 50 grams from one carb supp aint gonna do nothing different that 50 grams of carbs from another. I wish you the best fam.
    Last edited by ManOfStatureCOM; 08-31-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    Grown Men don't play children's games, scram kid....

** Personal Trainer & Fitness Blogger at www.IntermittentFASTLIFE.com **

potatoes, cereal, granola, rice, sweet potatoes, bagels+pb + Banana's

eat what you want to hit your calories for the day.

MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thanks.
    I've used Karbolyn for pre workout and post workout. It is good, it gives your body carbohydrates to use for energy and recovery. I've used carbogain to get in carbs post workout with my protein shakes.

You asked for supps, I answered.
    Competitive powerlifter
    601s/342b/700d

1643 total @ 214bw
    Usapl

Mp_Deadlifts

Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chunkx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like carb supps just because I get them cheap. They (simple carbs) give me a more pronounced pump in the gym. Food would be better, but this way is more convenient imo
    ********* I like cats crew *********
    ********* I like dogs crew **********

gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MPennacchia View Post
    I've used Karbolyn for pre workout and post workout. It is good, it gives your body carbohydrates to use for energy and recovery. I've used carbogain to get in carbs post workout with my protein shakes.

You asked for supps, I answered.
    Thanks for the Karbolyn shout! I use it pre & post as well for the convenience and taste. If you still like to use it, you may want to check out the 3 new flavors recently released: Cherry limeade, blue razz watermelon, & kiwi strawberry.
    *Team All American EFX Sports.
    *Registered Nurse/Trauma Certified.
    *NPC National Men's Physique Competitor, Top 10 Jr. USA's 2015.

Web: http://www.aaefx.com/
    ********:  http://www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @efxsports 

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
    All American EFX Sports as they are my own*

Thanks for the replies.

Ill check Karbolyn.

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You do not need fancy carbs after working out as what is more important is that you make sure you get your daily macros in sometime during the day. Also doubtful you'll notice any different with a powdered carb product after working out instead of eating a balanced meal.
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

Originally Posted by RaginAzN View Post
    You do not need fancy carbs after working out as what is more important is that you make sure you get your daily macros in sometime during the day. Also doubtful you'll notice any different with a powdered carb product after working out instead of eating a balanced meal.
    not to mention far cheaper than buying a carb powder too.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Either using while food or a carb powder works. If whole foods, you can eat it anytime you want. If carb powder, I'd recommend drinking during your workouts.

Big fan of Gaspari Sizeon. Not only carbs, but also BCAAs, protein, and creatine. Tastes great, helps with endurance and keeps my looking full/longer pumps while working out.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use Karbolic unflavored. I like their ingredients and it tastes great

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheUntouchable View Post
    I use Karbolic unflavored. I like their ingredients and it tastes great
    Huh?...
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    whatever we are in the mood for most likely. I usually hit up a buffet

This. I don't really worry about supplements after my workout. I just want to eat, and if i need help reaching protein macro's and short on time i will have a shake
    1. Brady's balls were perfect crew
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Huh?...

MMMMMMMmmmmm The taste of unflavored
    1. Brady's balls were perfect crew
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I prefer carb supplements pre-workout for fullness..

Mike
    ….

kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can take your carb supplement pre or intra workout, whatever you prefer. If you want some extra energy and you feel a little bit tired during your workout then take it intra. If you want more fullness and a better pump, take it pre workout.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!

XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by kardoxo View Post
    You can take your carb supplement pre or intra workout, whatever you prefer. If you want some extra energy and you feel a little bit tired during your workout then take it intra. If you want more fullness and a better pump, take it pre workout.
    Yup.. thats how I do it.. pre-workout for better pumps!

Mike
    ….

mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

I've used karbolyn, carb max, Carbo plus, along work my pre workout... But that's about as far as I go for that kind of product... As far as what I eat post workout it varies... Sometimes buffet, sometimes shake, eggs with potatoes, a few pb/banana sandwiches... Depends on what I'm in mood for.. There is nothing factual that says I have to eat within an hour of my workout or all my gains are lost..
    *Nutrabolics Representative *

http://www.nutrabolics.com.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nbol/nutra.htm

Stay tuned...big things are coming!

Originally Posted by mdritter View Post
    I've used karbolyn, carb max, Carbo plus, along work my pre workout... But that's about as far as I go for that kind of product... As far as what I eat post workout it varies... Sometimes buffet, sometimes shake, eggs with potatoes, a few pb/banana sandwiches... Depends on what I'm in mood for.. There is nothing factual that says I have to eat within an hour of my workout or all my gains are lost..
    Buffet post workout???? How often you doin that haha
    ….

Originally Posted by XCriticalBenchX View Post
    Buffet post workout???? How often you doin that haha
    i do it 1-4 times a week.
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow! Thread started 5 days ago and already 2700+ views?!