struggling with diet Geoff Richards's Avatar
    Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question question for the tech savvy

recently we had a new shed installed and at the same time of supplying power I took the
    opportunity to run a data cable from my router/modem in the house and will be connecting
    it to another router in the shed,basically to extend my wireless range allowing me internet
    connectivity in the shed (the wireless connection from my router/modem has always been
    a bit flaky outside)

We use a mac desktop inside and I would like to know the best way of streaming music
    from the house over the network to the shed.

I have a laptop running Ubuntu or an Android tablet which could output to a sound system
    in the shed (which I don't have at the moment)

Looking for the simplest/most practical

thanks
    *Compare yourself to yourself. Everyday become a stronger version of yourself.*

MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can help you with networking part of it, but how to stream from Mac, I dont know. Should be simple, maybe there is program like Mac Air or iBroadcast or something

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if your not adverse to spending some money, take a look at this.

http://www.sonos.com/
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Geoff Richards View Post
    recently we had a new shed installed and at the same time of supplying power I took the
    opportunity to run a data cable from my router/modem in the house and will be connecting
    it to another router in the shed,basically to extend my wireless range allowing me internet
    connectivity in the shed (the wireless connection from my router/modem has always been
    a bit flaky outside)

We use a mac desktop inside and I would like to know the best way of streaming music
    from the house over the network to the shed.

I have a laptop running Ubuntu or an Android tablet which could output to a sound system
    in the shed (which I don't have at the moment)

Looking for the simplest/most practical

thanks
    Are you trying to stream your itunes?

You can upload your entire music library (itunes and MP3) to a web based server like Google Play music for free. Then anyplace you have internet, you can stream off it, including phones. They have apps for PC and andriod as well. I think they have mac too. (not 100% sure).

Amazon also has the same service I believe....not sure if it is free though.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For a sound system only, I'd buy a bluetooth enabled stereo system and pipe in Pandora. I do this in my second garage. Flawless operation. If you are wanting to "internet" in the shed, that's another story.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MartinMaggie View Post
    I can help you with networking part of it, but how to stream from Mac, I dont know. Should be simple, maybe there is program like Mac Air or iBroadcast or something
    thanks Martin
    If I get stuck with the networking I will give you a holla
    did have a quick read at airplay or some such name but it seems thats best if your entire setup is Apple

Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    if your not adverse to spending some money, take a look at this.

http://www.sonos.com/
    thanks dazlittle
    will check it ouy

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Are you trying to stream your itunes?

You can upload your entire music library (itunes and MP3) to a web based server like Google Play music for free. Then anyplace you have internet, you can stream off it, including phones. They have apps for PC and andriod as well. I think they have mac too. (not 100% sure).

Amazon also has the same service I believe....not sure if it is free though.
    thanks for the tip on Google Play
    I'm not sure if I want to stream iTunes or just share a music folder on the desktopvia the network

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    For a sound system only, I'd buy a bluetooth enabled stereo system and pipe in Pandora. I do this in my second garage. Flawless operation. If you are wanting to "internet" in the shed, that's another story.
    thanks Brackneyc
    where does your BT music come from,does the BT enabled stereo connect to the house computer ?

I should have mentioned that whatever I do in the shed I want to be able to listen to any music I want
    in the shed regardless of whats playing inside

Today I walked past a local electronics store and noticed a reasonably cheap LCD TV which reminded me
    that I did also want a TV in the shed and then I thought with a TV and another Apple TV I could probably
    do exactly what I wanted

thoughts ?

SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000) SuperZar is just really nice. (+1000)
    So you have a network cable connecting your main router/modem in your house to another wireless router in your shed. You should be able to connect any device (wireless or not) to this router in your shed and easily stream any music/video (or copy/move any files) directly from your Mac - after all it's in the same network. I do this easily now (but with PCs). Sound either goes to amplified stereo speakers or surround sound system via digital stream. I mostly steam mp3s, but I've also an account with Xbox music ($9.99 per month for unlimited streaming) so I don't even need to be in my local network to listen to music.
    You can spend days, weeks or even months analyzing a situation - just trying to put the pieces together. Justifying what you should've and could've done, and what would've happened ... or you can leave the pieces on the floor and move on.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Geoff Richards View Post

thanks Brackneyc
    where does your BT music come from,does the BT enabled stereo connect to the house computer ?

I should have mentioned that whatever I do in the shed I want to be able to listen to any music I want
    in the shed regardless of whats playing inside

Today I walked past a local electronics store and noticed a reasonably cheap LCD TV which reminded me
    that I did also want a TV in the shed and then I thought with a TV and another Apple TV I could probably
    do exactly what I wanted

thoughts ?

Most of the time, the music streams from my phone. I have a system in my garage (for the gym mostly), and one in our bedroom, which feeds the speakers on my deck. I also use Apple tv to mirror my phone for music and/or Netflix. If you have the ability, I'd run an ethernet/router to the shed for simplicity purposes, and to have more options.

I'm not too tech savvy, but a few things I have in place are a lot of fun to have around.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most of the time, the music streams from my phone. I have a system in my garage (for the gym mostly), and one in our bedroom, which feeds the speakers on my deck. I also use Apple tv to mirror my phone for music and/or Netflix. If you have the ability, I'd run an ethernet/router to the shed for simplicity purposes, and to have more options.

I'm not too tech savvy, but a few things I have in place are a lot of fun to have around.
    ^^^^ This!

We got our daughter a nice Bluetooth speaker for her room and when I want to wake her up in the morning I can connect my phone to it and play music from the living room! You can pick up a decent BT speaker from Amazon for $100 or so, it'll probably be the easiest and cheapest route to go.
    I'm a sad little man

Originally Posted by SuperZar View Post
    So you have a network cable connecting your main router/modem in your house to another wireless router in your shed. You should be able to connect any device (wireless or not) to this router in your shed and easily stream any music/video (or copy/move any files) directly from your Mac - after all it's in the same network. I do this easily now (but with PCs). Sound either goes to amplified stereo speakers or surround sound system via digital stream. I mostly steam mp3s, but I've also an account with Xbox music ($9.99 per month for unlimited streaming) so I don't even need to be in my local network to listen to music.
    thanks SuperZar,
    being on the same network I figured this could be done easily with computers,but I was wondering if perhaps there was a solution that didn't require me to run
    a comp in the shed,not that it's a big issue as I have a spare laptop lying around

brack
    yeah original post said I would be having another router in the shed,Linda has an iPhone which would work well with
    another Apple TV