PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is squatting making my thighs bigger?

So a lot of my fat is mostly distributed in my thighs and stomach aka mid-section.
    My main goal is to have slimmer and defined legs -- I don't really want big thighs right now.
    I started squatting and doing 5x5 routine. I can squat 240 Lbs on a smith machine or online leg press 720.
    I also do weighted squats (squatting down with a DB in both hands 15 reps, 3 sets)

And I'm not sure if these exercises made my thighs/legs bigger or smaller.
    Here's a pic

Past: http://i.imgur.com/fkxGiZH.jpg
    Most recent: http://i.imgur.com/pMETLcX.png

Not sure if I improved or not - let me know.
    If not, what is the way to get thinner thighs/upper legs and (*important*) did I do any damage towards my goal or did the squatting help it. If so, how do I reverse it.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, the amount of muscle you gain even in a surplus is so minimal you wont notice, and even then it will only increase as you are increasing tonnage. Need to lose fat to get smaller.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PinkFloyd123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    No, the amount of muscle you gain even in a surplus is so minimal you wont notice, and even then it will only increase as you are increasing tonnage. Need to lose fat to get smaller.
    Thanks for your response!
    1) So what type of progress do you think I made?

Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dajinn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    honestly the pictures blow ass.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think there's an enormous difference between fat vs muscular thighs, even if the actual circumference is the same. Muscle isn't stored in the same areas that fat is. This is true almost everywhere in your body.

In my experience, if you gain muscle while holding fat constant, you'll almost always look better, not worse.

brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PinkFloyd123 View Post
    Thanks for your response!
    1) So what type of progress do you think I made?
    When were these pictures taken? Were they taken within about 24 hours of squatting? I find that after a heavy leg day my legs are significantly bigger for the next 12-24 hours due to some combination of (I assume) inflammation and bloating. After a day or so they are back down to size.

You need to look at it in the long term, day to day changes have more to do with blood flow and water content then anything else. If you want to see if you are losing size in your legs then measure them at least 2 days after leg day, first thing in the morning, then repeat the same thing the next week. You should see that as you lose weight your legs will get skinnier. You could also try measuring every day, I expect you will see an increase in size immediately after squatting, that will return to normal after a couple days, but over time the entire curve will trend downward until you get pretty lean.

libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) libertino85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PinkFloyd123 View Post
    So a lot of my fat is mostly distributed in my thighs and stomach aka mid-section.
    My main goal is to have slimmer and defined legs -- I don't really want big thighs right now.
    I started squatting and doing 5x5 routine. I can squat 240 Lbs on a smith machine or online leg press 720.
    I also do weighted squats (squatting down with a DB in both hands 15 reps, 3 sets)

And I'm not sure if these exercises made my thighs/legs bigger or smaller.
    Here's a pic

Past: http://i.imgur.com/fkxGiZH.jpg
    Most recent: http://i.imgur.com/pMETLcX.png

Not sure if I improved or not - let me know.
    If not, what is the way to get thinner thighs/upper legs and (*important*) did I do any damage towards my goal or did the squatting help it. If so, how do I reverse it.
    Man, I WISH I had your problem... You should get a load of my chicken legs... I would trade any gains to have a thick set of legs...