Thread: Eating Healthy

ImElkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating Healthy

Hey guys, I am a teenager so money is hard to come by for me and I have a large family so it's hard to buy a ton of groceries every week and then a whole separate set for 1 person. I am trying to get down to at least 10% body fat (I'm probably around 15% before I start bulking so to my understanding I am going to need to eat tons of vegetables and lean proteins. How can I lose bf% cheaply? Thanks. Also, I am about 5 feet 11 inches and about 170 pounds. I don't know if you need more than that but could someone tell me around what my bf% is if they can?

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. You don't have to buy a separate set. You should be eating what your family eats.
    2. You don't need to eat a "ton of vegetables lean proteins"
    3. You don't need to get down to 10% BF to start bulking.

I know I don't have to be 10%, but I don't want to be super fat when I start cutting so it's just harder to lose the weight. What do you mean I should be eating what my family eats? What should I eat?
    Last edited by ImElkay; 06-07-2014 at 12:15 PM.

snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ImElkay View Post
    I know I don't have to be 10%, but I don't want to be super fat when I start cutting so it's just harder to lose the weight. What do you mean I should be eating what my family eats? What should I eat?
    hes trying to tell you to eat bad foods.

do not listen to him. buy a lot of frozen veggies and get some round steaks, chicken breast and fish and freeze it. Your cut will go a lot better.

Ok cool. Are you cutting? If so could you gimme an example of a days meals?

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP ^, being 10-15% BF is nowhere near "super fat".

Originally Posted by snicket63 View Post
    hes trying to tell you to eat bad foods.

do not listen to him. buy a lot of frozen veggies and get some round steaks, chicken breast and fish and freeze it. Your cut will go a lot better.
    Erm, lmao.

That's a pretty big assumption you made, but no. That's not what I was telling him, I was telling him that there is no reason to waste time over buying his own groceries, cooking his own food separately, and completely abstain from the food his family buys and prepares because it's deemed "bad" (lmao).

If I am not eating healthy how do I cut? I don't understand what you are saying.

If I am not eating healthy how do I cut? I don't understand what you are saying.
    You don't have to "eat strictly healthy" to lose weight, although it is preferred to eat more micronutrient dense food(s), which will give you more satiety. You CAN eat "unhealthy" foods without completely restricting/abstaining from them and still drop weight.

snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snicket63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    OP ^, being 10-15% BF is nowhere near "super fat".

Erm, lmao.

That's a pretty big assumption you made, but no. That's not what I was telling him, I was telling him that there is no reason to waste time over buying his own groceries, cooking his own food separately, and completely abstain from the food his family buys and prepares because it's deemed "bad" (lmao).
    well yeah i agree he doesnt need to do stupid sht like throw away egg yolks, pick out fatty meat out of his food or any of that ****. I just want to make sure he isnt eating low micronutrient foods.

CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't have to "eat strictly healthy" to lose weight, although it is preferred to eat more micronutrient dense food(s), which will give you more satiety. You CAN eat "unhealthy" foods without completely restricting/abstaining from them and still drop weight.
    He has a point. Just make sure you're at a deficit and you WILL drop weight.
    6'2 master race checking in.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mind listing some ex. of low micronutrient foods? Also, I saw a hodgetwins video where they said the only way to get extremely cut and have a very low bf% was to eat like that (meat and veggies). Is that just wrong?

Mind listing some ex. of low micronutrient foods? Also, I saw a hodgetwins video where they said the only way to get extremely cut and have a very low bf% was to eat like that (meat and veggies). Is that just wrong?

Chips
    Pop Tarts
    Toaster Strudels
    Candy

no its not wrong. those are micronutrient dense foods and they keep you full and will make sure you are getting the best macros. (try hitting 200g of protein with 2k calories by eating mcdonalds. i dont think its possible.)

Okay that's another thing I have trouble with is hitting my macros. Protein is the hardest. I take protein after I workout should I just take more of that?

Okay that's another thing I have trouble with is hitting my macros. Protein is the hardest. I take protein after I workout should I just take more of that?
    u cutting? if you are no just eat more lean meats.

Try including protein at every meal.

BruleurDeGras has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. You don't have to buy a separate set. You should be eating what your family eats.
    2. You don't need to eat a "ton of vegetables lean proteins"
    3. You don't need to get down to 10% BF to start bulking.
    What he means is:

1. Eat what your family eats, just make sure to calculate your calories to be minus 500 under your maintenance so you're burning fat.
    2. There is no such thing as "clean" bulking or "eating clean". It won't make any difference.
    3. He's right! Bulk or cut, it's your choice. But it won't make any difference if you cut at first! Just know that you can't do both at the same time. (well, you can't if you're not on roids. and you don't wanna take that crap, trust me!)

Good luck m8
    Tu es francophone? Tu t'entraine durement? Ajoute-moi sur ********, on se motivera ensemble!
    ******** -> ********.com/jeanmichelmailhot =)

Thanks man!