overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not counting, just eating healthy

Hey all, I was a fat guy about 1 to 2 years ago, very very overweight and had high cholesterol! I was in such an unhealthy shape that I would get tired from just walking a little fast. However, I changed that lifestyle around with a rigorous cutting and bulking diet. I'm now very healthy, lean and in shape

Now I have a question for you guys. I'm interested in just maintaining my current shape or even gaining mass, but I can't commit to a rigorous diet anymore (I measure how much ketchup I eat..). So is it possible to stay lean/fit/healthy by just eating healthy foods like oats, egg whites, baked chicken, etc.? Most of my cardio comes from running, endurance workouts and sparring/hitting the bag (mma fighter), so I incorporate a LOT of cardio.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yes as long as you are eating clean you are not going to get out of shape , and if you are doing cardio, that will help you to loose more body fat, just follow a nice muscle building and weight loss program and you might gain lot's of muscles. Remember consistency is the key!
    learn how to lost 42 lbs in just 1 month visit- www.myhealthyuniverse.blogspot.com

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well eating clean and eating healthy are terms that get thrown around a lot around here. What do they really mean though? The problem with eating "clean" or "healthy" and not counting is that if you're not making any effort at all to have some kind of estimate about the actual amount you're eating, then you might get fat again or out of shape even if you're going to the gym and doing lots of cardio. Or you might lose a bunch of muscle due to too much cardio and not enough cals. To maintain your weight you have eat what your body needs and nothing more or less. How do you know if you're eating too much or too little if you're not tracking at all. I'm not saying that you need to count every single gram of this and that, but you're gonna be going back and forth about how much cardio to do and or portion sizes if you're not already trying to at least estimate how much you're eating.

The terms "healthy" and "clean" are way overused and you cannot just eat healthy and or clean and maintain weight, build muscle, or achieve any goal in regards to fitness for that matter, without some idea of how much you're consuming.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) overdosexx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    Well eating clean and eating healthy are terms that get thrown around a lot around here. What do they really mean though? The problem with eating "clean" or "healthy" and not counting is that if you're not making any effort at all to have some kind of estimate about the actual amount you're eating, then you might get fat again or out of shape even if you're going to the gym and doing lots of cardio. Or you might lose a bunch of muscle due to too much cardio and not enough cals. To maintain your weight you have eat what your body needs and nothing more or less. How do you know if you're eating too much or too little if you're not tracking at all. I'm not saying that you need to count every single gram of this and that, but you're gonna be going back and forth about how much cardio to do and or portion sizes if you're not already trying to at least estimate how much you're eating.

The terms "healthy" and "clean" are way overused and you cannot just eat healthy and or clean and maintain weight, build muscle, or achieve any goal in regards to fitness for that matter, without some idea of how much you're consuming.
    True, but I doubt under eating is going to be a big problem. I still have the same voracious appetite as I did when I was fat (maybe even more). Nonetheless, If I have to start counting it's going to be ridiculous. I'm going to start working 12-hour shifts soon so I don't think I can do that anymore.

anymore comments?

Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont count anything at this time and I have lost almost 100 pounds over a year. I just eat clean and pay attention to the scale. Once I get to my desired weight (soon thank god) I am going to start a bulk. At that time I will count protein only to make sure I am getting enough. I will use the scale and mirror to keep track of other things.

I know this strategy wont get me on the front of body building magazine but I'm not blind or to full of myself to see what I have to do to get the body I want.

Originally Posted by Jeremy-D View Post
    I dont count anything at this time and I have lost almost 100 pounds over a year. I just eat clean and pay attention to the scale. Once I get to my desired weight (soon thank god) I am going to start a bulk. At that time I will count protein only to make sure I am getting enough. I will use the scale and mirror to keep track of other things.

I know this strategy wont get me on the front of body building magazine but I'm not blind or to full of myself to see what I have to do to get the body I want.
    You make some good points man (experience tells all also). I get frightened sometimes thinking that I might end up unhappy and overweight like I used to be. I never want to be like that again

BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jeremy-D View Post
    I dont count anything at this time and I have lost almost 100 pounds over a year. I just eat clean and pay attention to the scale.
    same here. i've lost 140 pounds in a little less than a year and haven't counted a thing. I've become pretty good at eyeing down solid portions of healthy foods, while losing on a consistent basis, with minimal if any muscle loss.

Though, it's likely that that when i get closer to my goal, that it will become increasingly difficult to cut fat while estimating calories. Especially if i ever want to cut to a low BF percentage. It all depends on what your goal is, and what stage of progress you currently sit
    "lady who goes fishing with men, comes back with red snapper" ~ Walt Whitman, 1986

★★ Blast it With Piss Crew ★★

♋ Mods close my wat do threads Crew ♋

Originally Posted by ShrugginThug View Post
    same here. i've lost 140 pounds in a little less than a year and haven't counted a thing. I've become pretty good at eyeing down solid portions of healthy foods, while losing on a consistent basis, with minimal if any muscle loss.

Though, it's likely that that when i get closer to my goal, that it will become increasingly difficult to cut fat while estimating calories. Especially if i ever want to cut to a low BF percentage. It all depends on what your goal is, and what stage of progress you currently sit
    Congratulations on the weight loss man. I guess once you reach your goal it's okay to eat just healthy. Imagine having to count for the next 50 years of your life

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good progress can be made with "eyeballed" portions and self control. My dad is a great example. I know he doesn't count anything, but he does practice self control when it comes to junk food and keeps his portions in check. he also choose lower calorie snacks. He's lost quite a bit in short amount of time.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.