Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10)

IDonutBeeleaf's Log

on a full body.

april 18

squat: 235x5 then backoff of 205 for 1x9
    paused bench: 175x3 then backoff of 150x7,6,5
    pendlay rows: 150 for 3x5
    laterals: 25 lbs per hand for 3x12
    face pulls: 160lbs for 3x12
    tricep cable OH extensions: 95x10,9,8 then dropset
    curls: 40 each hand x8,6,6

squats felt good. up to 240 next week. gonna start doing 2 backoff sets i think.
    was hoping to hit a triple w/ 175 for bench today, cause 170x5 last session was a grind, and managed to do so. idk what happened with the backoff sets though, they were really hard. 175 may have taken more out of me than i thought, or maybe it was the shorter rest. not sure, but idc.

IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) IDonutBeeleaf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fuark havent been to gym in a week cause of exams and getting 2hrs of sleep each night. bump for update tomorrow on first day back.

MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IDonutBeeleaf View Post
    fuark havent been to gym in a week cause of exams and getting 2hrs of sleep each night. bump for update tomorrow on first day back.
    Im in! How do i subscribe to your thread?
    Is this a full body routine you made looks good to me,know that feeling about the exams the weights are waiting for you!

Originally Posted by MetalW0lf View Post
    Im in! How do i subscribe to your thread?
    Is this a full body routine you made looks good to me,know that feeling about the exams the weights are waiting for you!
    no clue how to subscribe brah. never tried. and it was originally a 3 day full body, but since i'm on summer vacation now i pulled bench out of my workouts and made 2 push days, so going 5 days a week now instead of 3.

april 27:

squats: 240x5 then 10% drop to 215 for 2x8
    pendlay rows: 150 for 5x5
    then face pulls and curls

my inzer 10mm lever belt came in and it made a world of difference. not just in the sense of making me feel more secure, but the biggest thing that i loved about it was since my abs had something to push out against, i was certain my core was tight and that i had a big belly full of air. i'm quite sure it always was like that anyways, but the reassurance was really nice. the 240x5 felt easy, even though i lost my footing a bit after the 2nd rep and had to reset my stance and almost fell over, as did the 215 for 2x8. also finally got a certain scheme down for squats, as i was just using arbitrary weight for the backoff sets before. doing a peak set of 5 then a 10% drop for 2x8. should go good, really liked it today.

push tomorrow, excited to be able to bench fresh and not after squats.
    Last edited by IDonutBeeleaf; 04-27-2014 at 01:18 PM.

apr 28:

paused bench: 175x4 then 155x7,6,5
    db shoulder press: 65x5 then 60 for 2x8
    then laterals and OH tricep extensions

- questioning my pause on my heavy bench sets. i know i'm not bouncing or doing a light touch, but i don't think i'm letting it come to a full stop. will definitely be more conscious on friday when i bench next and make sure its a full stop. i'm 100% sure its a good pause on my lighter sets though.
    - got ambitious on shoulder press, forgot how much bench can take out of your shoulders so 65 felt really heavy. was aiming for sets of 6-8 so had to drop back to 60's.

apr 29:

deadlifts: idfk didn't count. i think i pulled 315x5 conventional and my form was **** after rep 2 and it felt really heavy, so went to sumo and did some doubles and singles at 315 but idk how many cause i was just angry. was trying my hardest to keep my ass back and my chest up to keep a good back position but everything felt heavy as fuk, so idk if i was lifting with bad form before or what cause i've pulled way heavier and it felt light. fuk

may 1:

squats: 245x5 then 220 for 2x8
    pendlay rows: 150x6,5,5,5,5
    then face pulls and curls

squats are progressing nicely. pendlays are kind of at a standstill but i'm gonna go up 5 lbs next week and see what happens

may 4:

squats: 250x5 then 225 for 2x8
    pendlay rows: 155 for 3x forgot to count cause was tired
    then face pulls and not biceps

250 felt good, but gonna repeat next workout cause misgrooved my first rep and got way out of position. want 5 relatively clean before i move up

may 5:

bench: 175x4

stalled at this weight forever + had to leave cause my elbow/bicep area was in crazy amounts of pain. to the point where my arm sometimes goes partially numb, and typing is actually difficult. **** idk why or how this happened

no lifting today, woke up with a fever of 102 and my limbs felt like they were 100lbs each. also never slept because of it cause i had chills the whole night. i think its a reaction to getting a flu shot yesterday. first time i've ever reacted to a flu shot. ****

may 8:

low bar squats: worked up to 225x3 to try to see if it felt better and to see if i felt stronger. the latter didn't happen.
    then back to high bar: 250x5 felt pretty heavy cause of the low bar stuff before it, but form was still better than the 250x5 last workout. up to 255 on sunday
    pendlay rows: 160 for 4x6. forgot to do my last set woops
    face pulls: idk for idk
    cable curls: 1 set of idk for idk, elbow pain is coming back except in the other arm so i left so it wouldn't get worse. **** sakes

no gym again today. elbow pain still there and not gonna aggravate it more with a bunch of pushing.

AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can't believe I'm just seeing this. In.

As for your low bars, ittakes a LONG time to get down when its your first time bruh. But high bar is working. Dont fix what aint broke.
    Fates colliding. Love Undying.
    I rep all 5'5 and shorter on sight.

@ 150lbs BW
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 425
    OHP:165

couldnt lift today cause of my stupid gym closing time on weekends. worked 1-7, and was at a party last night so wasn't getting up at 8am to do squats before work. gonna pick it up tomorrow, and hope my elbow doesn't start flaring up. if this is like last time, i'll have to stop benching for over a month. great.

Originally Posted by AlacrityH View Post
    Can't believe I'm just seeing this. In.

As for your low bars, ittakes a LONG time to get down when its your first time bruh. But high bar is working. Dont fix what aint broke.
    yeah i'm gonna stick to high bar for a while. maybe i'll try again sometime to make the switch, but who knows

may 12

squats: 255x5 then 230x8

then left. was rushed cause mom needed car.

my rib is bruised like crazy, and i think its from my belt cause its not broken in yet and i'm not 100% used to it. didn't feel it during my sets cause i was focused, but afterwards and even now it feels awful. still hit PR's though, so can't complain. but they felt heavy af

may 13

bench: 155x5
    db shoulder press: 60x8

reset bench cause it stalled, but my elbow pain was too unbearable to finish the workout or even come remotely close. with bench, i felt a needle-like pain in my elbow throughout every inch of the ROM. with shoulder press, it just felt uncomfortable during the set but afterwards the pain intensified like crazy. laying off pressing for a long while, ****. least i can still squat, dl and row

update: found out i can still do fluff exercises without pain, so since i don't have the opportunity to gain any size and strength in presses right now, i can at least maintain my size (what little of it i have). gonna rely on tricep iso's, laterals, front raises and pec dec for a while until this heals up.
    Last edited by IDonutBeeleaf; 05-13-2014 at 07:49 PM.

may 14

deadlifts: didn't keep track, but did like 3 doubles and 3 singles or something like that at 315, and before and after that did a bunch of doubles and triples at 275 and 225 cause i need to fix my deadlift form. don't think its fixed yet, but making progress. was never using my legs before, or opening my hips, and my hips would shoot up before the weight came off the ground and i'd basically be doing an awkward sumo SLDL. gonna actually get back to progressing on them next week finally.

yesterday's workout (warning: super intense)

pec dec
    laterals
    arms

can't press atm fml

AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlacrityH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Elbow tendonitis brah?

@ 150lbs BW

not confirmed, all physiotherapist said was its a strain deep in my elbow

may 18

squats: tryed low bar again, and im finally making the decision to say **** it cause its annoying. went back to high bar and wanted to gtfo the gym cause of that + personal stuff so just hit a PR of 265x1 which idc about and left.

may 19: super intense workout again notsrs

pec dec
    laterals
    triceps

may 20

deadlifts: 315x5
    then did some deadhang pullups (hard af in comparison to full rom pullups without totally relaxing), then elbow started flaring up so called it there

finally can start progressing again on deadlifts. my form is coming along nicely and i'm actually starting to open up my hips and use my legs better when i pull (i pull sumo). hips didnt shoot up like usual cause i was actually using my legs, so my form looked really good imo. the 315x5 was rather easy so i'm excited to see how things go now.

may 22

squats: 255x5
    pendlay rows: 160x7,7,7,6 then elbow started feeling it a bit so i left

widened out my stance on squats a bit cause its unnecessary for my goals to squat ATG all the time. still went well below parallel though. if anyones familiar with jonnie candito's video explaining the hybrid squat, i tried that out. warmups felt good, but once i got to the 255 i went full retard and my form was weird. on the last rep i lost a bunch of upper back tightness and i pitched forward a bit, but the other 4 reps before it were acceptable. not upping weight till i get 5 clean reps.

sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IDonutBeeleaf View Post

widened out my stance on squats a bit cause its unnecessary for my goals to squat ATG all the time. still went well below parallel though. if anyones familiar with jonnie candito's video explaining the hybrid squat, i tried that out. warmups felt good, but once i got to the 255 i went full retard and my form was weird. on the last rep i lost a bunch of upper back tightness and i pitched forward a bit, but the other 4 reps before it were acceptable. not upping weight till i get 5 clean reps.
    Yeah I have pretty much been doing that hybrid type squat too. I feel when I go as low as possible ATG, I lose a bit of tightness. I always stop short of that point.
    yolo- you only lift once

Sumo Deadlift: 480 x1
    Back Squat: 450 x1
    Bench: 240 x1

may 23

pec dec
    laterals
    triceps

this is becoming annoying. i want to press so bad

got next to no sleep after a party last night, and even now i'm still pretty burnt out from smoking weed and drinking in the same night. never doing that again, less enjoyable imo. i'll stick to drinking. so fuk lifting for today.

may 26:

squats: 255x5 then 230x8
    pendlay rows: 165x7,7,6,6,6

**** YES SO HAPPY WITH MY SQUATS. focused on sitting back more with a wider stance and i think i got this hybrid squat thing down. no buttwink like before, no loss of upper back tightness, and still going well below parallel. they felt really comfortable and finally got 5 clean at 255. up to 260 next workout. really excited about this.

pendlays felt really strong today. up to 170 next workout.

Congrats brah. The squat is easily the most gratifying lift there is when you hit a PR IMO. It's such a mental game for me.

@ 150lbs BW

Originally Posted by AlacrityH View Post
    Congrats brah. The squat is easily the most gratifying lift there is when you hit a PR IMO. It's such a mental game for me.
    Agreed. before when i was squatting ATG and i'd sort of bounce out of the hole which is good to some extent, but once the weights started getting heavier, whenever i'd bounce i'd lose all upper back tightness and turn it into a half GM squat. also used a super close stance which now i know wasn't good for me.