jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face Pics From My 1st Competition!

This past weekend, I competed in the NPC Mr/Ms Buffalo Competition in the teen and novice lightweight classes ( I weighed roughly 160 lbs). Unfortunately, I did not place in the top 5 of either division (there were roughly 8 competitors in each). While I did agree with the majority of the placings, there were definitely some that made me question what the h*** the judges were seeing/thinking. Regardless, I had a great experience competing for the first time, and I proved to myself that I can do something great. Let me know what you think!

P.S. - The picture in the middle of the first collage was taken backstage immediately after prejudging. The rest were taken during my individual routing at the night show. The picture of my front lat spread was taken just as I was beginning to transition to a front double biceps pose, so that is why my hands are off of my waist. As for the picture of my rear lat spread - I either didn't flex my glutes at all or the picture was taken before/after I had done so. Either way I'm mad because that would be a perfect shot if it wasn't for that!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jslam96; 04-09-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    Lean bulkin' 'til i die.

★★★ (a debated member of the) Quality Crew ★★★

Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oriainarama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't really know anything about competitions but for 17 you look great!

The only thing to me that looks off is your arms look small in comparison to the rest of your body, you've got some good size in your legs chest back and ABS look good as well but biceps triceps look small in comparison and possibly shoulders a bit small as well.

But as I said I'm no expert judge just my opinion.

Good work though looking great and good luck in future competitions

reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) reddog140 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats, its your first contest and you looked great. You can never control the judging, but it is helpful to know the judges of your show/state shows. Without seeing all the comparison pics, I will not say you got screwed but if you did it is par for the course. It wouldn't be bodybuilding if someone didn't grab their ankles literally or figuratively. I had a judge tell me the guy who beat me was tighter than me (and we both weighed the same and I was 4" shorter) and when I asked him did he have striated glutes, x-mas tree, and hams in, he said huh i didnt look there on him. LIke I said, you looked great, if you plan on competing for years to come, it is worthwhile to talk to the judges head judge and ask them what you need to improve on, so they get to recognize your face. Its helpful especially if you do a larger show and have 20+ people in your class.

jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jslam96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by reddog140 View Post
    Congrats, its your first contest and you looked great. You can never control the judging, but it is helpful to know the judges of your show/state shows. Without seeing all the comparison pics, I will not say you got screwed but if you did it is par for the course. It wouldn't be bodybuilding if someone didn't grab their ankles literally or figuratively. I had a judge tell me the guy who beat me was tighter than me (and we both weighed the same and I was 4" shorter) and when I asked him did he have striated glutes, x-mas tree, and hams in, he said huh i didnt look there on him. LIke I said, you looked great, if you plan on competing for years to come, it is worthwhile to talk to the judges head judge and ask them what you need to improve on, so they get to recognize your face. Its helpful especially if you do a larger show and have 20+ people in your class.
    And yeah I don't have comparison pics (or any prejudging pics for that matter), but once the placings are published, I might post some pics of the other guys in order of the placings to get some opinions from you guys.
    Lean bulkin' 'til i die.

Bump
    Lean bulkin' 'til i die.