DutchLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

not sure what to do

hey so im 20yo and im 6' and right around 200lb. I haven't tested bf% for awhile so i need to do that, but i was just wondering if theres a general rule of thumb for whether to cut or bulk? im not toned at all, but i wouldn't call myself fat. I was looking to start the all pro program on here, but just don't know if i need to lose some weight first or just jump into slowly bulking up and worry about cutting later.

19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 19dan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have a guess based on this picture and let us know a rough percentage and we will be able to offer better advice

Originally Posted by DutchLove View Post
    hey so im 20yo and im 6' and right around 200lb. I haven't tested bf% for awhile so i need to do that, but i was just wondering if theres a general rule of thumb for whether to cut or bulk? im not toned at all, but i wouldn't call myself fat. I was looking to start the all pro program on here, but just don't know if i need to lose some weight first or just jump into slowly bulking up and worry about cutting later.

Well s**t..probably somewhere 20-25%? Didn't think I was that high, but I definitely don't have any abs so I can't be under 20 it looks like

I posted a picture to my profile

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by DutchLove View Post
    Well s**t..probably somewhere 20-25%? Didn't think I was that high, but I definitely don't have any abs so I can't be under 20 it looks like
    At your weight and height it's highly likely that is about right... You can't expect to have like 180lbs of lean body mass when there are experienced lifters who are 6' and weigh 180 - and can lift twice as much as you...

Most people underestimate how much bodyfat they carry so it's better to start with a realistic idea.

I would see how far you can get recomping at first. Aim to keep your weight about the same or lose weight very slowly. Eat plenty of protein rich wholefoods and run all pros. When your lifts start stalling then it will be time to re-evaluate your goals.

I feel like i stress more than i need to at this point about whether to cut or bulk or all that. is there benefit for me to just eat clean and lift and stop stressing until i get more advanced? can i increase in my strength/lifts without necessarily "bulking"? I just don't know if im supposed to aim to eat a surplus or a deficit? sorry for noob questions