Thread: SKD vs CKD ?

Focx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question SKD vs CKD ?

Hi,

Last time I did keto, I did 3 weeks without carb-up, then I started carbing-up one day every weekend. And the fat loss entirely stopped. Everything was great before that, but then it all stopped. So I decided to give keto another try for this new year, and I'm thinking of a SKD (Strict Keto Diet) as opposed to CKD. My main goal is to lose fat really fast (I have about 30 lbs to drop), but still keep a bit of muscle (I lift 4 times a week).

I'm currently 98 kg (216 lbs) and want to go down to 85 kg (187 lbs). My body fat right now is about 20-22%.
    My macros are 68% fat / 28% protein / 4% carbs
    And I eat around 2300 calories per day.

Do you think SKD is a great option for my goals ?

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes... it would be the best option. Do not rule out carb ups entirely. I noticed the same as you that when i carbed up weekyl my weight loss stalled, probably as i wasnt doing it properly and cheated too much by just eating anything and everything for 24 hours.

However, your body will tell you via performance in the gym when its time to smash back some back some carbs and dont be afraid of it :-)

Originally Posted by Focx View Post
    Hi,

Last time I did keto, I did 3 weeks without carb-up, then I started carbing-up one day every weekend. And the fat loss entirely stopped. Everything was great before that, but then it all stopped. So I decided to give keto another try for this new year, and I'm thinking of a SKD (Strict Keto Diet) as opposed to CKD. My main goal is to lose fat really fast (I have about 30 lbs to drop), but still keep a bit of muscle (I lift 4 times a week).

I'm currently 98 kg (216 lbs) and want to go down to 85 kg (187 lbs). My body fat right now is about 20-22%.
    My macros are 68% fat / 28% protein / 4% carbs
    And I eat around 2300 calories per day.

Do you think SKD is a great option for my goals ?
    It's YOU vs YOU

Focx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by andymant View Post
    Yes... it would be the best option. Do not rule out carb ups entirely. I noticed the same as you that when i carbed up weekyl my weight loss stalled, probably as i wasnt doing it properly and cheated too much by just eating anything and everything for 24 hours.

However, your body will tell you via performance in the gym when its time to smash back some back some carbs and dont be afraid of it :-)
    Ok, I'll try that, I hope it'll work.

Thanks