Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Squires2503 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gym manager or interviewers advice needed?

Hi,

I have a job interview on Friday for a gym supervisor on Friday. I have been putting on my own classes/cover lists and working in local gyms just as an instructor for about a year. I have experience of working as a supervisor before but that was only for a local pub. Tasks included what you would expect, rota work, opening and closing, cashing up and float management etc etc. but never in the fitness industry. I am also pretty young, 19 years old, so I will be ecstatic if I get the job. I have researched the interview questions they are likely to ask and put together some pre-determined answers for the tricky ones. I was looking for someone who interviews people for job vacancies or a gym manager to ask what you look for during an interview? and I don't just mean ticking boxes on a sheet given to you by your management dependent on my answers, I mean personal things like body language, sense of humor etc.
    Any advice much appreciated!

Gracias amigos!
    Personal Trainer
    Certified Gym, Circuit, Spin and Aqua instructor
    Level 4 qualification in Sport and Exercise Science including nutrition

Hard work and Science beats all.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive written a couple of reviews of the fitness job interview that should help you

http://helpforpersonaltrainers.com/2...iew-questions/

http://www.joe-cannon.com/fitness-jo...ps-to-success/

Be sure to read the comments also as people have asked some good questions

good luck today!
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

I Do It On My Own xxsupergman25xx's Avatar
    xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000)
    been on about 15 interviews....be yourself. they don't want to feel like theyre being played. be comfortable with you being you. ive been very successful on interviews and ive started interviewing my own people. I want someone who is themselves and I want someone ill want to work next to. they obviously have to have the qualification and skills.
    http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm - Newsletter!

Posts are my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.
    -----------------------------------
    Baseball insane

-----------------------------------
    i do it all on my own

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    something I like to do is practice the interview in my head, imagine being in front of them, what youll ask, mentally ask youself all the questions you fear they'll ask, and say outloud your response. Even though they may not ask these questions , at least youll be ready
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Basically any job in the fitness industry, personal training included, your personality will either make you or break you. Sounds like the gym supervisor means part manager, part customer service, probably a lot of front desk duty...you need to be charming, affable and easy going. If you get nervous on the interview, it'll make them think you have trouble talking to new people. Make sure you are well groomed and dressed smartly. Don't rely too much on the "ran my own classes", that shows you are knowledgeable and comfortable in a gym environment but not necessarily running the front of house.

Just relax and answer the questions as best you can. You got an interview, that's half the battle and shows they saw something in your resume that they liked.

zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Squires2503 View Post
    Hi,

I have a job interview on Friday for a gym supervisor on Friday. I have been putting on my own classes/cover lists and working in local gyms just as an instructor for about a year. I have experience of working as a supervisor before but that was only for a local pub. Tasks included what you would expect, rota work, opening and closing, cashing up and float management etc etc. but never in the fitness industry. I am also pretty young, 19 years old, so I will be ecstatic if I get the job. I have researched the interview questions they are likely to ask and put together some pre-determined answers for the tricky ones. I was looking for someone who interviews people for job vacancies or a gym manager to ask what you look for during an interview? and I don't just mean ticking boxes on a sheet given to you by your management dependent on my answers, I mean personal things like body language, sense of humor etc.
    Any advice much appreciated!

Gracias amigos!
    Present ideas and ways you can see yourself contributing in a tangible, monetary, way. If you just sit there, act polite and answer questions you may not stand out. You need to seem as though you are truly bringing something to the table.
    Blood DIEmonds are not forever.