Jpait has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jpait has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jpait has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Best way to lose wight and get toned?

So I've been working out about 3-5 days a week since July and have had ZERO change in my body. I will admit my diet isn't as it should be but it's not horrible. I was wondering what exercises I should be doing to see the most results in my body. I do about 3 cardio based classes a week and wanted to start lifting weights on the days that I don't have any classes. What I've been doing is one day arms and abs then the next day legs and abs. I try to do abs every day. Could someone tell me a full routine I should be doing? Like one day cardio, one day legs, one day arms, and so forth so I can actually see some results? Lol thank you!

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You have the wrong mentality.

First look up "homeostasis"
    cliffs: your body doesn't want to change, you have to force it to.

Next move some heavy objects around until a large percentage of your muscles are fatigued.
    Repeat this step at some regular interval until the desired results are achieved.
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can't get 'toned' without losing weight and you can't lose weight without being in a caloric deficit. Your diet should be number 1 priority. Check out the nutrition section's stickies for more info.
    After your diet is in check, follow a workout plan such as Rippetoes or Allpros.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know what's honestly been helpful for me at times?

Intuitive eating.

Eat only when you're hungry, and eat slowly and only until you're not hungry anymore.

If you pay attention, it's amazing how often people eat because they feel obligated to, especially weight lifters since we feel obligated to eat enough protein and such, lest we shrivel up and die.

Thus, simply readjusting to the belief that we "have" to eat at breakfast, lunch, dinner etc. can by itself take a lot of pounds off of you. Like, today I pretty well ate jack sh*t. I had a grilled cheese sandwich with cottage cheese in it, a protein smoothie, 8 pieces of sushi and a pear. At 9 pm I feel no inclination to eat anything else, so why should I? To hit somebody's contrived protein quotas? Why should I if my lifts are doing just fine?

Something to think about. It's just one method in a long list of methods that have worked for people.

Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IDrinkBloodLOL View Post

Intuitive eating.

Eat only when you're hungry, and eat slowly and only until you're not hungry anymore.

If you pay attention, it's amazing how often people eat because they feel obligated to, especially weight lifters since we feel obligated to eat enough protein and such, lest we shrivel up and die.

Thus, simply readjusting to the belief that we "have" to eat at breakfast, lunch, dinner etc. can by itself take a lot of pounds off of you. Like, today I pretty well ate jack sh*t. I had a grilled cheese sandwich with cottage cheese in it, a protein smoothie, 8 pieces of sushi and a pear. At 9 pm I feel no inclination to eat anything else, so why should I? To hit somebody's contrived protein quotas? Why should I if my lifts are doing just fine?

Something to think about. It's just one method in a long list of methods that have worked for people.
    You post the weirdest chit.

The reason people try to hit protein 'quotas' is due to wanting an intake of proper nutrition. If your lifts are doing 'just fine' thats perfect for your lifts, but what about in 6 months when it takes a toll on your body due to lack of nutrition?

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Intuitive eating.

I'd be interested to know how your lifts are actually doing on that kind of diet.

Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    One of my favorite things that help me stay toned is getting up early and hitting the elliptical for 20 min at 6am before I have any breakfast. Make sure to drink at least 8-12 ounces before and during this workout so you can have some water to loose. If you need to grab a banana, apple, or a granola bar before starting. It's a great way to start your day off and a great way to loose calories from fat.

dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eat less lift weights

Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was interested enough to check. If his stats are legit...his lifts are pretty damn good. Interesting post none the less...

Originally Posted by doughnut91 View Post
    I'd be interested to know how your lifts are actually doing on that kind of diet.
    DVC

Quigley...

polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by heinstein View Post
    You have the wrong mentality.

First look up "homeostasis"
    cliffs: your body doesn't want to change, you have to force it to.

Next move some heavy objects around until a large percentage of your muscles are fatigued.
    Repeat this step at some regular interval until the desired results are achieved.
    Yep. It's science. /thread
    www.boostmyself.com - My self improvement ramblings.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Jpait View Post
    So I've been working out about 3-5 days a week since July and have had ZERO change in my body. I will admit my diet isn't as it should be but it's not horrible. I was wondering what exercises I should be doing to see the most results in my body. I do about 3 cardio based classes a week and wanted to start lifting weights on the days that I don't have any classes. What I've been doing is one day arms and abs then the next day legs and abs. I try to do abs every day. Could someone tell me a full routine I should be doing? Like one day cardio, one day legs, one day arms, and so forth so I can actually see some results? Lol thank you!
    You're 5' 2" and only 120. How fat could you be, OP?

Post a couple of pics.

Intuitive eating.
    Most of the population of the US eats this way.

We're the second-leading country in percentage of obesity.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Quigley2013 View Post
    I was interested enough to check. If his stats are legit...his lifts are pretty damn good. Interesting post none the less...
    I'd never doubt his abilities, and good on him. But what I would doubt is that the kind of diet he mentioned would allow for performance/gains to be maintained.

dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    guys its a girl asking for advice

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jpait View Post
    your workout plan is ridicilous. follow a fullbody beginner plan. and work on lifting heavy, getting stronger. first of all arms and abs are completely two useless muscle to work if you are trying to lose weight. but you can work them. dont even consider doing a bodypart per day . especially dedicating a day to arms when you are training for 2-3 months only. you should be doing squats , rows, bench , deadlifts, dips etc. and eat less than you are now.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by doughnut91 View Post
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Most of the population of the US eats this way.

We're the second-leading country in percentage of obesity.
    My lifts are doing fine. I should update the ones in my profile but they're legit.

In a nutshell, the reason this works for me instead of turning me into a sad fatty is because I eat almost exclusively health food. I don't believe a person can consume indefinite "clean" food with no weight gain, however I do believe that a person's hunger pangs are strongly correlated with what their body actually needs unless they habitually consume bullshiit, which I believe to rewire a person's hunger pangs/cravings to be unreliable indicators of bodily need. There is significant scientific support for that idea I could probably dig up, but you people have google. You can go look up some satiation studies on your own time to see if the idea holds water or not.

Thus, IronWill is right - most Americans are sad fatties because they eat by intuition, but they're also actively in the process of dying of hamburger poisoning so obviously their overfed but undernourished, vitamin deficient, hormonally wrecked bodies are going to send them false hunger signals. Fast food companies actually sit down to have planning meetings to design products that are addictively flavorful but devoid of nutrition so that no matter how much of their product people consume, they will never feel satisfied.

Meanwhile my diet for today so far has been a really grainy bran muffin, then 3 scrambled eggs alongside vegetables stir fried in an assload of olive oil with garlic and soy sauce. My cravings tell me to eat good things because my biofeedback isn't all fukked up by eating awful food.

Originally Posted by Newbiees View Post
    You post the weirdest chit.

The reason people try to hit protein 'quotas' is due to wanting an intake of proper nutrition. If your lifts are doing 'just fine' thats perfect for your lifts, but what about in 6 months when it takes a toll on your body due to lack of nutrition?
    So in other words I should get an intake of "proper nutrition," and doing this intuitively my body will start falling apart due to "lack of nutrition."

First of all, what is "proper nutrition?" Secondly, if my body were to start having problems due to lack of protein or some vitamin or whatever, unless my system is fukked by poor quality food, why wouldn't my body just send signal via food craving to tell me to eat whatever I'm lacking? If I am actively trying to follow my bodily intuition, wouldn't I probably obey that craving?

Just so you know, I know the amount of protein I need to keep getting stronger. It's about 80g per day. Everyone freaks out and goes "OMG, SO LITTLE," but you know how I know that's what I need? Simple, I actually tested it. I fiddled with my protein levels while working out and found that all the way down to 0.5g/lb bodyweight I felt just fine. Only when I dip significantly under that do I start to feel problems or start stalling out.

Are you going to tell me that I'm not getting enough protein when I empirically determined that yes, I am indeed getting enough protein to keep making gains? Am I to believe you OMG MUST get >200g grams of protein per day in order to make gains when plenty of high school kids have gotten jacked throughout history by doing nothing but training with the football team and eating what their mom puts in front of them? Am I to believe your theory over my experience?

Do you even know what "proper nutrition" is for your body in the sense that you've empirically tested it, or are you just taking the word of internet experts on blind faith?

Only a bunch of retarded autists would tell me I should stop listening to my body and do IIFYM instead. This is why you people are going to have health problems a lot earlier in life than I will.
    Last edited by IDrinkBloodLOL; 11-15-2013 at 02:08 PM.

juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliapeter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    One of my most beloved things that help me stay toned is getting up right on time and hitting the circular for 20 min at 6am preceding I have any breakfast. Make a point to drink no less than 8-12 ounces before and throughout this workout so you can have some water to detached. In the event that you have to snatch a banana, fruit, or a granola bar before beginning. find the anytimefitnesslocations.net
    http://lafitnesslocations.easywayfinder.com/| http://www.zumba-classlocator.com/ | http://www.anytimefitnesslocations.net/ | http://www.easywayfinder.com/

Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I cannot even begin to comprehend the ignorance you possess.
    First of all, what is "proper nutrition?"
    From your current knowledge and ability to actually listen to people, this question will take more time than I have to offer.

Just so you know, I know the amount of protein I need to keep getting stronger. It's about 80g per day. Everyone freaks out and goes "OMG, SO LITTLE," but you know how I know that's what I need? Simple, I actually tested it. I fiddled with my protein levels while working out and found that all the way down to 0.5g/lb bodyweight I felt just fine. Only when I dip significantly under that do I start to feel problems or start stalling out.
    That's not exactly how it works. .6-.8g/lb is used to maintain homeostasis. You can think you know how much protein you actually need but again, that's not how it works.
    Am I to believe your theory over my experience?
    I'm asking you to believe the science behind it that has been perfected over the years. But seeing as you're an avid poster in the 'religion' section, you're most likely not going to listen.

Only a bunch of retarded autists would tell me I should stop listening to my body and do IIFYM instead. This is why you people are going to have health problems a lot earlier in life than I will.
    This makes me judge your character a whole lot more.
    Id like to refer to an earlier post you made.

Like, today I pretty well ate jack sh*t. I had a grilled cheese sandwich with cottage cheese in it, a protein smoothie, 8 pieces of sushi and a pear. At 9 pm I feel no inclination to eat anything else
    When you refer to health problems, then after reading this it seems you can't even hit recommended calorie requirements. Malnutrition is a major concern when eating way below maintenance which is a health problem. Before you refer to 'us people' having health problems later in life, take a step back and look at yourself.

Ps. Thanks for the neg, that makes me believe you don't have much faith in your response either.

Keep in mind I'm kind of a biological anomaly so I don't need to eat as much as you normals.

Your whole reply was basically "yeah well my studies beg to differ."

Life isn't in your books, it's out and about doing its thing. If your studies disagree with it then your studies are wrong.