Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Problems with my strength program?

I've never strength trained or did a 6 day body part split program before. Just want to know the problems with this program before I do it.

Monday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Barbell bent over rows 5x5
    Reverse/regular seated wrist curls 15x4 30sec-1min breaks
    Tuesday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Barbell behind the neck press 5x5
    Weighted sit-ups 12x4 30sec-1min breaks
    Wednesday:
    Barbell squat 5x5
    Machine calf extension 15x4 30sec-1min breaks
    Thursday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Friday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Saturday:
    Dead lift 5x5

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you never ran a strength program then run Starting Strength or Stronglifts...
    OG

Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryanpounce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    If you never ran a strength program then run Starting Strength or Stronglifts...
    I don't like the way they're set up. I just want people to point out the problems with this program.

Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ryanpounce View Post
    I don't like the way they're set up. I just want people to point out the problems with this program.
    Well, for one - you have barbell curl 5x5 in it (I mean seriously, what the hell)

You have 2 barbel curls, but only 1 Squat?
    You don't have enough rest days.
    For a program with such volume - 1/3, sometimes 1/2 of your workouts are on minor muscle groups like forearms and calves.

Honestly, this is just pure garbage. Scrap it and follow Jasonk282's advice - go SS or SL or some other decent program. (what exactly are your issues with those programs?)

Originally Posted by Violander View Post
    Well, for one - you have barbell curl 5x5 in it (I mean seriously, what the hell)

You have 2 barbel curls, but only 1 Squat?
    You don't have enough rest days.
    For a program with such volume - 1/3, sometimes 1/2 of your workouts are on minor muscle groups like forearms and calves.

Honestly, this is just pure garbage. Scrap it and follow Jasonk282's advice - go SS or SL or some other decent program. (what exactly are your issues with those programs?)
    Wait, how come you can't have the same set/rep set up for isolation workouts? Is there a different way of strength training them? I figured 5x5 would work with every major muscle. And I'd say about 1/5-1/8 of my workout is minor muscles. Consider the rest time time. I'd be taking 3-5 minute breaks with the major muscle group exercises. And the reason why I don't like SS and SL is because they have minimal back work and no bicep work.

gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want to run a strength based 5x5 don't run it 6 days a week. If you are progressing appropriately on a 5x5 at around 80% of your 1RM your CNS likely won't do well on 6days a week. I personally run a 5x5 upper/lower, so 4 days a week. You may want to try something along those lines. Let me know if you want to see the full setup.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wait, how come you can't have the same set/rep set up for isolation workouts? Is there a different way of strength training them? I figured 5x5 would work with every major muscle. And I'd say about 1/5-1/8 of my workout is minor muscles. Consider the rest time time. I'd be taking 3-5 minute breaks with the major muscle group exercises. And the reason why I don't like SS and SL is because they have minimal back work and no bicep work.
    Stop thinking and pick an established beginner program.

This back built by StrongLifts.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    minimal back work? you row or pull from the floor 3 days a week. you can add your precvious curls in, but 3x8-12 is better for smaller muscles

squat 5x5
    bench 5x5
    row 5x5
    curl 3x8

squat 5x5
    ohp 5x5
    deadlift 5x5
    pull up 3x amap

squat 5x5
    bench 5x5
    row 5x5
    curl 3x8
    OG

On dat DL rehab time... Meatros's Avatar
    Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Meatros is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WUT?

Just do SS or SL and throw in an extra set or three of bicep work.
    This universe is an uncaring and amoral place. It owes you nothing and you owe it nothing. If you can wrest happiness from it, at any point, then cherish it. Revel in that happiness.

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    minimal back work? you row or pull from the floor 3 days a week. you can add your precvious curls in, but 3x8-12 is better for smaller muscles

squat 5x5
    bench 5x5
    row 5x5
    curl 3x8

squat 5x5
    ohp 5x5
    deadlift 5x5
    pull up 3x amap

squat 5x5
    bench 5x5
    row 5x5
    curl 3x8
    Oh, that's not the routine I saw. Where did you find that?

Oh, that's not the routine I saw. Where did you find that?
    in my head, i made it like 5 minutes ago.
    OG

Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh, it's not the fact that you go 5x5 for curls (although I personally wouldn't do it). There is nothing technically wrong with 5 set reps for biceps, but it's just not needed. It's biceps, a very minor muscle group. Treat it as most isolation assistance exercise - higher volume, lower intensity.

Anyway, the reason your routine is horrific (in my opinion) is because it's all backwards.

What's the basics of a good strength routine for beginners?

1. Focus on the best lifts. Big compounds.

Select them: Bench, OHP, Barbell Rows, Pull ups, Deadlift, Squat

2. Give enough rest and recovery time.

3-4 days a week is a good estimate.

3. Train the biggest parts the most.

So for a 3 day workout - I personally would Squat twice a week (maybe even 3 times), bench and row twice a week and deadlift once a week

4. Select your parameters.

5x5 for main compounds. Something lighter for assistance work (3x8-12). It's assistance work for a reason.

p.s. Ryanpounce, you're embarrassing yourself by having "Barbell Curl" in your sig. Noone cares how much anyone curls (apart from maybe some 'bros')

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Do you understand why they are set up the way they are? There is a very good reason for whats there, and what isn't.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500)
    I've never strength trained or did a 6 day body part split program before. Just want to know the problems with this program before I do it.

Monday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Tuesday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Wednesday:
    Barbell squat 5x5
    Thursday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Friday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Saturday:
    Dead lift 5x5
    Other than the curls before the rows it looks fine. Keep in mind push or pull, no rest on the shoulder joint? How much actual strength are you going to gain with this volume?

Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Monday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Tuesday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Wednesday:
    Barbell squat 5x5
    Thursday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Friday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Saturday:
    Dead lift 5x5
    3 lifts a day? One problem may be that you will plateau fast with only 3 lifts a day try adding more concentrated lifts along with your main lifts you have to exhaust the muscles or they will not grow! Also on your last set of each lift instead of doing the minimum reps go til you hit failure

Example bench press you aim for 5x5 but say on your last set you can do 8-10 reps or more before you reach failure! This means you are starting with a weight that's too light or not increasing in high enough increments. On your last set you should struggle to get your last 2-3 reps stressing the muscles like this forces them to grow.

Also try adding more complimentary/auxiliary lifts each day 3-4 lifts a day just isn't enough to exhaust the muscles.

Example workout (ill modify what you currently have )

Monday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Reverse/regular seated wrist curls 15x4
    30sec-1min breaks
    1 arm lat pulls 4x8-12
    Pull-ups 3xfailure
    Concentration curls 4x8-12
    Back flys 4x8-12
    Hammer curls 4x8-12

Tuesday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Push-ups 3xfailure (do different variations like wide or military or diamond)
    Add 2-3 tricep exercises bench works the triceps as well as chest so do the complimentary exercises to completely exhaust the muscle groups used each day
    Db pec flys 3x8-12
    Db bench 3x8-12
    Dips 3xfailure

Wednesday:
    Barbell squat 5x5
    Leg extensions 3x8-12
    Hamstring curls 3x8-12
    Abduction and adduction 3x8-12
    Lunges 3x8-12
    Box step ups with barbell 3x8-12
    Thursday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Wide grip barbell curl 3x8-12
    Reverse grip/chin ups 3xfailure
    Lat pull down3x8-12
    Rowing machine heavy resistance 2 minutes
    1arm lat pulls
    Death crawls 3x8-12

Friday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    More push-ups

WHERE ARE THE SHOULDER EXERCISES???
    Can't for get shoulders
    Trap shrugs
    Barbell shrugs
    Shoulder press
    Incline bench
    Db shoulder press
    Butterfly press
    Lat arm raises
    A caption exercises
    Internal and external rotation

Saturday:
    Dead lift 5x5
    Machine calf extension 15x4 30sec-1min breaks[/QUOTE]
    Lunges 3x12
    Squat jumps 3x25
    Bulgarian lunges
    Calf raises
    Gluete ham extensions
    Hamstring curls

My main point is, is you will plateau fast with this alone slowly add more exercises or more weight and interchange your complimentary exercises after about 6 weeks to avoid plateau

Try some Olympic lifts as well they go great with back day or shoulder day or dead lift/ gluete hamstring day

Hope this helps! Good luck

Please don't do what he posted. That's even worse for a strength program.

To Collin33 - before you give advice out like that, use your brains and look at the successful strength pgraout tnd , which is - 3 days a week for most. Lower volume for most (3-4 lifts, no more needed per session to grow and increase strength).

You don't need to "exhaust" your muscles to grow, nor do you need to go to failure, ever. Apply linear progression once you hit 5x5 - increase the weights.

Your workout is full of unnecessary exercises for a strength program

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Collin33 View Post
    3 lifts a day? One problem may be that you will plateau fast with only 3 lifts a day try adding more concentrated lifts along with your main lifts you have to exhaust the muscles or they will not grow! Also on your last set of each lift instead of doing the minimum reps go til you hit failure

Example bench press you aim for 5x5 but say on your last set you can do 8-10 reps or more before you reach failure! This means you are starting with a weight that's too light or not increasing in high enough increments. On your last set you should struggle to get your last 2-3 reps stressing the muscles like this forces them to grow.

Also try adding more complimentary/auxiliary lifts each day 3-4 lifts a day just isn't enough to exhaust the muscles.

Monday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    30sec-1min breaks
    1 arm lat pulls 4x8-12
    Pull-ups 3xfailure
    Back flys 4x8-12
    Hammer curls 4x8-12

Tuesday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Add 2-3 tricep exercises bench works the triceps as well as chest so do the complimentary exercises to completely exhaust the muscle groups used each day
    Db pec flys 3x8-12
    Db bench 3x8-12
    Dips 3xfailure

Wednesday:
    Barbell squat 5x5
    Leg extensions 3x8-12
    Hamstring curls 3x8-12
    Lunges 3x8-12
    Thursday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Lat pull down3x8-12
    1arm lat pulls
    Death crawls 3x8-12

Friday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    More push-ups

Can't for get shoulders
    Trap shrugs
    Barbell shrugs
    Shoulder press
    Incline bench
    Db shoulder press
    Butterfly press
    Lat arm raises
    A caption exercises

Saturday:
    Dead lift 5x5
    Machine calf extension 15x4 30sec-1min breaksx
    Lunges 3x12
    Squat jumps 3x25
    Bulgarian lunges
    Calf raises
    Gluete ham extensions
    Hamstring curls

My main point is, is you will plateau fast with this alone slowly add more exercises or more weight and interchange your complimentary exercises after about 6 weeks to avoid plateau

Try some Olympic lifts as well they go great with back day or shoulder day or dead lift/ gluete hamstring day

3x8-12 Death Crawls on Wednesday? I dunno man... sounds like overtraining.

Monday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    30sec-1min breaks
    1 arm lat pulls 4x8-12
    Pull-ups 3xfailure
    Back flys 4x8-12
    Hammer curls 4x8-12

Tuesday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Db pec flys 3x8-12
    Db bench 3x8-12
    Dips 3xfailure

Wednesday:
    Barbell squat 5x5
    Leg extensions 3x8-12
    Hamstring curls 3x8-12
    Lunges 3x8-12
    Thursday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Lat pull down3x8-12
    1arm lat pulls
    Death crawls 3x8-12

Friday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    More push-ups

Can't for get shoulders
    Trap shrugs
    Barbell shrugs
    Shoulder press
    Incline bench
    Db shoulder press
    Butterfly press
    Lat arm raises
    A caption exercises

Saturday:
    Dead lift 5x5
    Lunges 3x12
    Squat jumps 3x25
    Bulgarian lunges
    Calf raises
    Gluete ham extensions
    Hamstring curls

DO u even kknow what a streng program is...LOL this is garbage^
    OG

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Monday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Tuesday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Wednesday:
    Barbell squat 5x5
    Thursday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Friday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Saturday:
    Dead lift 5x5

^^^^ This is terrible, and has no relation to a proper 'strength' program.

Monday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    30sec-1min breaks
    1 arm lat pulls 4x8-12
    Pull-ups 3xfailure
    Back flys 4x8-12
    Hammer curls 4x8-12

Tuesday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    Db pec flys 3x8-12
    Db bench 3x8-12
    Dips 3xfailure

Wednesday:
    Barbell squat 5x5
    Leg extensions 3x8-12
    Hamstring curls 3x8-12
    Lunges 3x8-12
    Thursday:
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Lat pull down3x8-12
    1arm lat pulls
    Death crawls 3x8-12

Friday:
    Barbell bench press 5x5
    More push-ups

Can't for get shoulders
    Trap shrugs
    Barbell shrugs
    Shoulder press
    Incline bench
    Db shoulder press
    Butterfly press
    Lat arm raises
    A caption exercises

Saturday:
    Dead lift 5x5
    Lunges 3x12
    Squat jumps 3x25
    Bulgarian lunges
    Calf raises
    Gluete ham extensions
    Hamstring curls

Good grief.

Didn't think it was possible, but ^^^^ this mess is even worse than what opie posted.

Both of you guise need to stop posting, Google 'Bill Starr,' and start reading everything you can find that he wrote.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you want a 5x5 with assistance look at this:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155022423

Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Collin33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fair enough, we are all entitled to our own opinions and we all have what works for us!

I am an ectomorph and always have been. I merely suggest this.... what y'all may call over training, because it worked for me the split is good as it allows 2-3 days for each body part to rest he has back and biceps one day but won't work those muscles again for a few days = good rest period for optimal growth then works a different group of muscles the next day and won't work those again for a few days. Then he has leg day and chest day following. Forgive me if I'm wrong but if he follows his leg day with another upper body group does that not allow his legs to rest?

I'm not questioning anything anyone has to say just merely making a suggestion

I was a 2 sport college athlete and our strength program in the off season for football was based on exhausting the muscles. With plenty of time to recover.

Designed by nationally certified strength and conditioning coach.

A program similar to what I have outlined allowed me to gain almost 40 pounds in less than two years. All of which was good weight.

I weighed 175 when I graduated high school, and weighed 215 by junior year. I now weigh 238. If you will go look at my profile you will see that I am not fat it is for the most part good weight

I may also add that the only supplementation I do is whey protein and multivitamins.

This program pushed us to the absolute limit everyday!
    Like I said not every program works the same for every person.

Don't be afraid to over train be afraid to UNDER TRAIN.

If you get a chance get online and see what CT FLETCHER has to say about over training!

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fair enough, we are all entitled to our own opinions and we all have what works for us!
    "Strength program" has a very specific meaning. It's primary goal is to elicit highest possible gains of intensity (which also has a very specific meaning: %RM) in 3-4 primary lifts. Accessories are carefully chosen to shore up specific weak points, enhancing the primary lifts. Volume/frequency/intensity are variables calculated to reach lift goals, whilst providing adequate deload for CNS/joint/connective tissue recovery.

The Big List of Stuff To Do that you outlined is a lot of random work to provide muscle exhaustion, with a ton of dissociated "stuff" thrown together. While it may work to provide some overall muscular growth in presence of calorie surplus, it's not particularly well-constructed towards anything specific, and is certainly not within definition of: "strength program".

If you want a look at how one of the NFL's most successful S&C coaches puts together a strength program, check out Bill Starr.

I agree that a lot of things in training are subjective and something that works best for one may not work best for another.

But what you outlined is not a strength program (or a very very bad one at least) As I said previously, there are certain principles that every strength program follows, otherwise it's just a program.

None said your program is bad because it includes overtraining (I myself hardly think it's possible for a young-ish non-pro guy to overtain). It is simply a poorly designed program. And I am willing to bet that another program, a better one, would not only give you the same results, but even better ones.