Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Need some Sheiko help :)

I was planning to do the 29-37-32 cycles.
    I'm now in week 3 of #29 and its going good, my lower body will have no problem with some extra volume, I'm more concerned about my shoulders and elbows, and that the extra volume in #37 might push them over the edge so that I end up injuried.
    Would you advice to do another cycle of #29 on the bench and do #37 for squats and deads?

I'm also very positive that my strenght has increased a lot during this cycle, not just because its a good program, but also because I was not at my peak strength when I started the program, especially my deadlift was neglected. I'm considering bumping up the bench and squat 5 kg and deadlift up 10kg for the next cycle, is this a bad idea?

I think I might have to change my workout days too, I now workout Thursday-Saturday-Monday, and I think I'l have to shift to the classic Monday-Wedensday-Friday for my next cycle. Any recommendations on what to do on my extra days off inbetween the cycles?

I'm considering some options, either do other lifts so that my body can get some extra rests. Could be interesting to do one of the heavy bench volume days and shift bench out with barbel rows or pendlay rows, maybe do 2-3 days where I really hit my upper back.

Or I can stretch and chill until friday and do some heavy singles on squats, bench and deads, then take the weekend off to get ready for the next cycle.

What say you Oh Mighty Powerlifting Gurus/Gods!
    Last edited by Archheretic; 09-13-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    Former no-avi anonymous

babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What are you doing in terms of recovery. Pressing your tris and bi into a bar and foam rolling pecs etc can make an enormous difference in 10 minutes.

If you're feeling that strong then go ahead and bump your max, but be careful. I suggest you stay with an accurate 1rm prediction.

Foam roll! Ice bath, read over supple leopard or watch mobility wod vids and apply them. Stay healthy.

Some people add a few sets of rows, some dedicate an extra back day on Saturday. I start Sheiko next week and will be doing 5 sets of pulling work after each session.

DOn't take time off between cycles, run straight into 37/

Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm foam rolling my lower body + back, but not the rest of my upper body, I'l start doing that today!
    I usually do some light dynamic stretching for my shoulders and chest, but I've been lazy on i this program, I did it yesterday and I did indeed feel much better, I was planning to experiment more with it in hope of maybe daring to do 37 bench.

Ideally I dont want to take time off between the cycles, but I might have to change workout days due to other chores, in that case I need to put in some extra work so I dont go nearly a week without training.

Off topic: Do you do high bar squats? Asking due to quad size.
    Former no-avi anonymous

babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Archheretic View Post
    I'm foam rolling my lower body + back, but not the rest of my upper body, I'l start doing that today!
    I usually do some light dynamic stretching for my shoulders and chest, but I've been lazy on i this program, I did it yesterday and I did indeed feel much better, I was planning to experiment more with it in hope of maybe daring to do 37 bench.

Ideally I dont want to take time off between the cycles, but I might have to change workout days due to other chores, in that case I need to put in some extra work so I dont go nearly a week without training.

Off topic: Do you do high bar squats? Asking due to quad size.
    If there is a bit of time off then just do some rows/light accessory work, extra rolling work and relax.

Background in Oly lifting, I crossed over to PL in 2011 but retained my quads, I don't high bar squat but I love front squatting.

lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're not sure your elbows will hold up but you want to increase your max? I would keep it the same or reduce it.

lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lostsk8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also your final sess of 29 is Monday why not just start the first sess of 37 on Friday? I wouldn't increase your other Max's either, as you said 37 has more volume and intensity. Just follow it as written and hit a big pr at the end of 32.

ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ForeverPulling is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Where can I find the actual Shieko programmes? I've got a list here however the two main ones (29 and 37) aren't there anymore and the rest are half Russian: http://www.elitefts.com/sheiko/

thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thej21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ForeverPulling View Post
    Where can I find the actual Shieko programmes? I've got a list here however the two main ones (29 and 37) aren't there anymore and the rest are half Russian: http://www.elitefts.com/sheiko/
    in the stickies, download the spreadsheet that has been done by chase-t

Location: On the Ho Chi Min Trail Sippin on a 40oz of Old English 800, Vietnam
    MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do sheiko as written. If you don't do it that way it is not sheiko. You will get used to the volume. Keep your max the same as you go into 37.
    Death is winning. Do something.- Sam Boyd

Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dogmai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    [QUOTE=MISSINGLINK;1133342413]Do sheiko as written. If you don't do it that way it is not sheiko. You will get used to the volume. Keep your max the same as you go into 37.[/QUOTE

What?

****ing lol. This is so wrong.
    GOLD COAST BARBELL POWERLIFTING TEAM

Best Raw Comp Lifts @~91kg (200lb)
    Squat: 215kg
    Bench: 185kg
    Deadlift: 267.5kg

IPF4LYF