ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000)

How to prevent injuries?

I feel that as I increase athleticism, I am getting more injury prone, with more serious injuries too. There is obvious wear and tear on my whole body from playing jumping sports such as basketball, volleyball. My whole body aches (ribs, traps, shoulder, arms, quads, hams, glutes, core) from the stresses of a maximum jump.

I can handle the normal fatigue that comes along, how do I deal with injures such as rolling ankles, knee ligaments being damaged, rotator cuffs, etc?
    100% 中国人

** Engineering Crew **

** Always Pick 1 Crew **

** Nice Guys Finish First Crew **

CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CROFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're constantly getting injured it sounds like you're not spending enough time on properly stretching and strengthening your body.

Just as much as you're playing whatever sport you're involved in is as much as you should be stretching and strengthening your body. That simple.
    - Keil Cronauer
    CRO Strength, LLC
    WWW.CROSTRENGTH.COM

Registered User Knucklesanguich's Avatar
    Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some stuff is un avoidable, accidents happen, you will jump and roll ankles and stuff like that. As far as over use injuries, you have to learn when to rest and when to keep going.
    ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰
    ******Misc Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu crew******
    MISC BJJ, BOXING, MUAY THAI, RUNNING CREW WILL BE REPPED ON SIGHT

KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Make sure you warm up properly, that will definatly help.

Make sure you are landing properly when you jump, have a look at your landing mechanics from a drop jump and see what your doing, i know its obviously not going to be a perfect landing everytime when u jump in basketball & volleyball, but look at how u land from a normal jump and ensure u got nothing bad going on like knees comming over your toes, or knees collapsing in ect.

With the akes and pains, although research isnt conclusive, i find foam rolling helps me tons.

Also throw in some injury prevention work at the end of your training session or at the begginging in the warm up, basic rotator cuff strengthening exercises like cuban press, or rotational things with bands, will help activate ur rotator cuff for your workout if u do it in the warm up, but i usually prefer to do it at the end of a workout, or superset them in with something else.

And of course, if ur lifting weights, make sure ur doing it with proper form, film urself so u can see what u look like.

Hope this helps cuz.

ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000) ggurface is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KingSSaid View Post
    Make sure you warm up properly, that will definatly help.

Make sure you are landing properly when you jump, have a look at your landing mechanics from a drop jump and see what your doing, i know its obviously not going to be a perfect landing everytime when u jump in basketball & volleyball, but look at how u land from a normal jump and ensure u got nothing bad going on like knees comming over your toes, or knees collapsing in ect.

With the akes and pains, although research isnt conclusive, i find foam rolling helps me tons.

Also throw in some injury prevention work at the end of your training session or at the begginging in the warm up, basic rotator cuff strengthening exercises like cuban press, or rotational things with bands, will help activate ur rotator cuff for your workout if u do it in the warm up, but i usually prefer to do it at the end of a workout, or superset them in with something else.

And of course, if ur lifting weights, make sure ur doing it with proper form, film urself so u can see what u look like.

Hope this helps cuz.
    thx jeff, you seem pretty knowledgeable about this. do you think I should use either cold stuff on muscles/joints to help reecovery?
    100% 中国人

** Engineering Crew **

** Always Pick 1 Crew **

** Nice Guys Finish First Crew **

KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ggurface View Post
    thx jeff, you seem pretty knowledgeable about this. do you think I should use either cold stuff on muscles/joints to help reecovery?
    No problem cuz. The actual research is pretty inconclusive when it comes to using cold water submersion and things like ice baths or icing your self, for actual recovery purposes.

However it will help stop inflammation, so if you feel like u got a specific joint or something that is kinda sore after training, i would give it a try right after training, and just see what it dose for you. But i wouldnt bother with full ice baths or anything like that.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like others have said

warmup ing up propertly. light stretching, warming up the muscles you are going to use. Shoulder horn is real good for the shoulders
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Registered User bitistathebeast's Avatar
    bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bitistathebeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Of course warming up With some light cardio stretching and foam rolling Can be very beneficial!
    On the rotator cuff note, Focusing on rotator cuff strengthening internal and external exercises! And some stability exercises For the shoulder joints will help a lot.

Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I try not to over train and work on becoming flexible. Sometimes you got to take a day-off if your body is really aching and do some stretching. I hate injuries man, they really prevent you from taking your game to the next level, so I know where you're coming from. I always do squats, leg raises and calf raises, and stretches everyday to keep my legs strong and flexible. Hope this helps.
    Do you want to improve your jumping ability and add inches to your vertical jump?
    Go here to check out this FREE ebook that will show you how!

=> http://www.verticaljumpprime.com

AndrewParks22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Patella Tendonitis

Originally Posted by CROFIT View Post
    If you're constantly getting injured it sounds like you're not spending enough time on properly stretching and strengthening your body.

Just as much as you're playing whatever sport you're involved in is as much as you should be stretching and strengthening your body. That simple.
    I'm a college basketball player that has been suffering from patella Tendonitis since high school. I do I get rid of it?

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AndrewParks22 View Post
    I'm a college basketball player that has been suffering from patella Tendonitis since high school. I do I get rid of it?
    Do you tape your ankles or wear braces?

Either way, make sure you're ankle mobility is good and work on hip strength (deadlift variations / good mornings). Those are the things which I've seen get the best results.