type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Small chest, small arms, big shoulders and traps...

So my body is basically as follows:

Small Chest (terribly small and weak for my size)
    Small arms (doesnt really look like a lift at all by arm size)
    Big Back
    Big Shoulders (in long sleeve shirts I like much much bigger than I am)
    Big Traps (almost unpropotionally large)
    Above Average Legs

Im about 185ish and around 17-18% BF... possibly more... Im getting to the point where I feel continually bulking is difficult because of 1) im starting to lose any sort of definition i have, and 2) I simply struggle to eat big, cutting by far is easier for me. My problem is the fact that I really want to cut and get as lean as possible, but not only do I already have small chest and arms, I have a fair case of gyno, where my nipples are pretty huge and potrude alot. I really dont know what to do about my small arms and chest... my split is like this

mon- chest/tri
    tues- back/bis
    Thurs-Shoulders/tri
    Fri-Legs/forearms (minor bicep workout, mainly forearm however)

I try to get my triceps worked twice a week and slightly hit my biceps again on leg day when I do forearms, and but i try to dedicate alot of time to forearms being that they are also pretty small. I really want to cut, but i dont like my small arms and chest. Should i just cut anyways and drop to around 165-170ish then clean bulk? My bulks are somewhat dirty being that i really struggle to clean bulk while consuming enough calories... and another thing is 165-170 bitchlike weight/size at 5'10ish height?

hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by type8291 View Post
    So my body is basically as follows:

Small Chest (terribly small and weak for my size)
    Small arms (doesnt really look like a lift at all by arm size)
    Big Back
    Big Shoulders (in long sleeve shirts I like much much bigger than I am)
    Big Traps (almost unpropotionally large)
    Above Average Legs

Im about 185ish and around 17-18% BF... possibly more... Im getting to the point where I feel continually bulking is difficult because of 1) im starting to lose any sort of definition i have, and 2) I simply struggle to eat big, cutting by far is easier for me. My problem is the fact that I really want to cut and get as lean as possible, but not only do I already have small chest and arms, I have a fair case of gyno, where my nipples are pretty huge and potrude alot. I really dont know what to do about my small arms and chest... my split is like this

mon- chest/tri
    tues- back/bis
    Thurs-Shoulders/tri
    Fri-Legs/forearms (minor bicep workout, mainly forearm however)

I try to get my triceps worked twice a week and slightly hit my biceps again on leg day when I do forearms, and but i try to dedicate alot of time to forearms being that they are also pretty small. I really want to cut, but i dont like my small arms and chest. Should i just cut anyways and drop to around 165-170ish then clean bulk? My bulks are somewhat dirty being that i really struggle to clean bulk while consuming enough calories... and another thing is 165-170 bitchlike weight/size at 5'10ish height?
    I'd recommend you clean bulk. You may not like it, but if bodybuilding were about doing what we like then most of us would get nowhere. Personally, I prefer clean bulking over cutting. As far as isolating forearms go, provided that you're performing the main olympic lifts, and have a well-rounded training routine, then your forearms will grow as the rest of your body does. I wouldn't worry about that, but if you feel as though you need to isolate your forearms, then isolate your forearms. Just keep in mind that they get slammed during back and biceps.

On a side note, if you find that you are losing definition rapidly, then 1) you're gaining weight too quickly or 2) you're not eating cleanly. Stick to a clean bulk and watch the size come. Try to aim for a weight gain of 1/2 lb per week. Cheers.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    at least you recognize that you want to lean up simply b/c it's easier (it truly is easier than adding quality muscle mass, faster too), but you should understand that doing just that would be taking the easy way out and not provide good results atm. you will never improve your lagging areas by neglecting to spend the proper amount of time growing them. put up with the lack of definition for now. no way around it. just suck it up. you can minimize fat gain by gaining only a couple pounds a month at most, but fat gain is part of the process regardless.

i recommend an upper/lower split where you hit EVERYTHING 2x a week and not just your arms. the problem is that arms (and other small muscle groups) are the slowest growing muscles, so you should really focus on getting your pressing and pulling compounds up as much as possible to help get the arms growing at an optimal rate. the first week might suck for upper/lower, but after that you should notice much better strength gains and therefor over time the potential to add mass at the best rate possible.

be sure you're eating enough to grow and gain weight. no point in cutting atm when you know you're just gonna go right back to gaining weight. it'd be different if you were obese or very overweight, but being lean or of average fat levels (skinny by general society standards) it would be more beneficial to just go ahead and bulk slowly.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How much should I bulk to? A weight goal.. And what are good high cal/carb foods.. My protein intake is fine... As for an upper lower split, what should it look like

catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50) catch22rf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do Chest and Triceps twice a week. I hear that Skull Crushers are the best tricep workout for straight bulk (using DB's)

Do biceps shoulders twice a week. For biceps, majority of people i notice say that standing ez bar curl builds the most straight bulk. Maybe try supinated inclined curls for your second exercise and cross body hammerheads for your 3rd bicep workout.

lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    at least you recognize that you want to lean up simply b/c it's easier (it truly is easier than adding quality muscle mass, faster too), but you should understand that doing just that would be taking the easy way out and not provide good results atm. you will never improve your lagging areas by neglecting to spend the proper amount of time growing them. put up with the lack of definition for now. no way around it. just suck it up. you can minimize fat gain by gaining only a couple pounds a month at most, but fat gain is part of the process regardless.

i recommend an upper/lower split where you hit EVERYTHING 2x a week and not just your arms. the problem is that arms (and other small muscle groups) are the slowest growing muscles, so you should really focus on getting your pressing and pulling compounds up as much as possible to help get the arms growing at an optimal rate. the first week might suck for upper/lower, but after that you should notice much better strength gains and therefor over time the potential to add mass at the best rate possible.

be sure you're eating enough to grow and gain weight. no point in cutting atm when you know you're just gonna go right back to gaining weight. it'd be different if you were obese or very overweight, but being lean or of average fat levels (skinny by general society standards) it would be more beneficial to just go ahead and bulk slowly.
    Best advice right here. This guy knows his ****