EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Complex Carbs - Losing Fat

Hey guys. This is probably posted somewhere, but I am going to take a chance I don't take heat and ask a question.

Right now I have lost about 18 lbs on a slow carb diet, definitely enjoying the cheat day once a week to get some of the cravings out of my system. I am pretty disciplined and have not broke diet in the six other days of the week once since early - March when I started my diet. Every week I lose about 1 - 1.5 lbs.

My question is, my wife who is very thin (female, 5'10", 16% bf) wants to lose about 5 lbs so she is going on a cutting diet. She enjoys overnight oats, fruit sparingly and also sweet potatoes. I want to add those complex carbs into my diet, but am concerned I am going to effect my results, especially since my only carbs have been black beans, kidney beans and lentil beans for almost 14 weeks other than my cheat day. Just having the same meals over and over again gets a little boring.

Looking to lose another 30 lbs before I start a clean bulk and get back into the shape I was a couple of years ago. Thoughts?

Right now my macros are approx 1900 calories a day, 220-240 protein, 50-60 fat, 120-150 carb. I am 6'0" 230. Lift 4x a week about 45 minutes a day, very little cardio.

Sources:

Carb - lentil, kidney, black beans
    Fat - lean steak, lean beef, eggs
    Protein - ON whey, chicken, beef, peanut butter (sparingly), eggs

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Just out of peace of mind, I would like to keep a cheat day or 2-3 cheat desserts a week if possible. The food I am cool with, but a treat every once in a while keeps the mind at ease.

Thanks all.
    Bench - 305 Squat - 365 Deadlift - 365

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold

phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000) phozosado is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well.......the type of carb you're taking in shouldn't really affect your physique, but it might make you feel different when lifting depending on what you're used to. If you were putting up less, I'd say it doesn't matter at all, but you're squatting 365, so good on ya.
    ---
    This Machine Kills Fascists.
    ---
    BULKING LOG : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137967093&pagenumber=
    ---
    BTK - Bleed Time Krew
    ---
    "He runs, an activity that we defeated eons ago when humans discovered we are slower than every other animal on earth and can ride horses" - joelash302

EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EKDatDKE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by phozosado View Post
    Well.......the type of carb you're taking in shouldn't really affect your physique, but it might make you feel different when lifting depending on what you're used to. If you were putting up less, I'd say it doesn't matter at all, but you're squatting 365, so good on ya.
    My lifting has been pretty legit. I am more focused on losing fat then putting up better lifts, but I feel good. That being said, just want to get some more variety in my diet. A lot of it is mental, like having some oats is going to get me messed up!

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold

misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Complex vs. simple carbs don't matter very much unless you are diabetic.

Awesome lifts!

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What determines your weight loss is the size of your caloric deficit. Not the kind of foods or carbs you eat!

My favorite examples of this: Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/1...sor/index.html

and: How To Eat McDonalds For 30 Days And Get Ripped.

misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    What determines your weight loss is the size of your caloric deficit. Not the kind of foods or carbs you eat!

My favorite example of this: Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/1...sor/index.html
    Yep. Would rep, on recharge.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EKDatDKE View Post
    Hey guys. This is probably posted somewhere, but I am going to take a chance I don't take heat and ask a question.

Right now I have lost about 18 lbs on a slow carb diet, definitely enjoying the cheat day once a week to get some of the cravings out of my system. I am pretty disciplined and have not broke diet in the six other days of the week once since early - March when I started my diet. Every week I lose about 1 - 1.5 lbs.

My question is, my wife who is very thin (female, 5'10", 16% bf) wants to lose about 5 lbs so she is going on a cutting diet. She enjoys overnight oats, fruit sparingly and also sweet potatoes. I want to add those complex carbs into my diet, but am concerned I am going to effect my results, especially since my only carbs have been black beans, kidney beans and lentil beans for almost 14 weeks other than my cheat day. Just having the same meals over and over again gets a little boring.

Looking to lose another 30 lbs before I start a clean bulk and get back into the shape I was a couple of years ago. Thoughts?

Right now my macros are approx 1900 calories a day, 220-240 protein, 50-60 fat, 120-150 carb. I am 6'0" 230. Lift 4x a week about 45 minutes a day, very little cardio.

Sources:

Carb - lentil, kidney, black beans
    Fat - lean steak, lean beef, eggs
    Protein - ON whey, chicken, beef, peanut butter (sparingly), eggs

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Just out of peace of mind, I would like to keep a cheat day or 2-3 cheat desserts a week if possible. The food I am cool with, but a treat every once in a while keeps the mind at ease.

Thanks all.
    I bolded the parts that are wrong with your post
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I bolded the parts that are wrong with your post
    Hey my friend. I don't see how is it is wrong, that is what I eat right now, 50-60 g of fat a day. Today so far I am at 23g of fat, but I will eat a steak or something later as I have been trying to limit carbs at night. Again I think most of it is mental as you guys said above. It would be great to have a piece of fruit and oatmeal in the morning!

Hey my friend. I don't see how is it is wrong, that is what I eat right now, 50-60 g of fat a day. Today so far I am at 23g of fat, but I will eat a steak or something later as I have been trying to limit carbs at night. Again I think most of it is mental as you guys said above. It would be great to have a piece of fruit and oatmeal in the morning!
    Fat is necessary for optimal hormone production. You should get at least .45g per pound of bodyweight.

Have you read this stickie yet, btw?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your fats are too low. 92g of fat is the minimum. you also said your wife is very thin and still trying to lose weight.
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Hey guys. Thanks again. I have read the sticky before. The way I figured my macros was by taking my BMR - 500, then figuring out protein and making sure I hit that every day. Then letting fat and carbs fill in the rest. I guess one of my problems could be not enough fat in my diet, but I am going to try to add some more peanut butter in. I also have been eating a lot of chicken recently and I wonder if that is one of the problems as it is so much leaner than beef. I am doing steak later, but even then I will be at a serious deficit. Maybe I should cut out a protein shake for some healthy fats and I should be good to go. Thanks men!