chicagobulls23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Less weight on smith machine?

During the summer I only have access to a gym that has the smith machine and no barbells with cages. I always thought, i should be able to do more weight on smith machine, but I am actually doing less. I have to do 10 pounds less on my squat and bench using the smith machine to be able to finish a 5x5. The bar on the smith is 15 pounds, so I am putting on more weight, but the actual load is lower. Is there any reason for this?

Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10) Merante is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your natural form is restricted by the track of the machine. Can't quite get it and move it the way you are used to