Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Modified version of ICF 5x5. Am I doing it wrong? (1x5 squats? my big legs pics?)

Hello,

I'v been running modified version of ICF 5x5 for few weeks. I customized it based on my goals. I changes some of the exercises and add some, it's just preference and what I enjoy doing. I made a really good progress on all of my lifts so far. Anyway, here's the workout routine :

- Workout A :
    Squats 1x5
    Bench Press 5x5
    Bent-Over Rows 5x5
    Dips 3x8
    Rope Upright Rows 3x8
    BB Curls 3x8

- Workout B :
    Deadlifts 1x5
    Military Press 5x5
    Chin Ups 5x5
    CGBP 3x8
    Face Pulls 3x8
    Incline DB Curls 3x8

Now, I'm only doing 1x5 squats only in workout A as well because I'v big legs. I know you heard it many times but I REALLY have big legs. I used to do lots of squats, deads, lunges, step ups only when I first started lifting weights because I was trying to increase my vertical jump for basketball and don't want to get big upper body and that was stupid.

What do you think guys? Am I wrong? Do I really have big legs? I really want to focus on improving my upper body. Pics attached (no homo on the first pic "3")

2 weeks progress so far for 5 Reps :
    Bench : 145>155
    Squat : 205>225
    Deads : 335>365
    Attached Images
    #EatBig #TrainHeavy #SleepMore #Period

Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ahmed8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone?

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They have sopme good mass on them...how big are they when you measure them?
    OG

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ahmed8 View Post
    Hello,

I'v been running modified version of ICF 5x5 for few weeks. I customized it based on my goals. I changes some of the exercises and add some, it's just preference and what I enjoy doing. I made a really good progress on all of my lifts so far. Anyway, here's the workout routine :

- Workout A :
    Squats 1x5
    Bench Press 5x5
    Bent-Over Rows 5x5
    Dips 3x8
    Rope Upright Rows 3x8
    BB Curls 3x8

- Workout B :
    Deadlifts 1x5
    Military Press 5x5
    Chin Ups 5x5
    CGBP 3x8
    Face Pulls 3x8
    Incline DB Curls 3x8

Now, I'm only doing 1x5 squats only in workout A as well because I'v big legs. I know you heard it many times but I REALLY have big legs. I used to do lots of squats, deads, lunges, step ups only when I first started lifting weights because I was trying to increase my vertical jump for basketball and don't want to get big upper body and that was stupid.

What do you think guys? Am I wrong? Do I really have big legs? I really want to focus on improving my upper body. Pics attached (no homo on the first pic "3")

2 weeks progress so far for 5 Reps :
    Bench : 145>155
    Squat : 205>225
    Deads : 335>365
    You may very well be the first poster in this forum to state that "I already have big legs," and then post pics to back it up. Your quads are fairly proportional, IMO.

If you've got that far on your own, it's my opinion that you're certainly knowledgeable enough about your own response to training to figure out your own best path.

Train hard, and just keep proportion in mind as you grow.

Best to you.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you specifically want to lose strength in your legs, go right ahead. Besides, I'd say you know the answer to your own question as well as anyone else might. Be completely honest with yourself, and proceed accordingly.

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    They have sopme good mass on them...how big are they when you measure them?
    I actually don't know. Sorry, I don't have a measure tape.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You may very well be the first poster in this forum to state that "I already have big legs," and then post pics to back it up. Your quads are fairly proportional, IMO.

If you've got that far on your own, it's my opinion that you're certainly knowledgeable enough about your own response to training to figure out your own best path.

Train hard, and just keep proportion in mind as you grow.

Best to you.
    Really appreciate it bro. Thanks and I will follow what I think is right for me to achieve MY goals but it's always good to hear some opinions you know. Thank you again.

Originally Posted by MichaelCJ View Post
    If you specifically want to lose strength in your legs, go right ahead. Besides, I'd say you know the answer to your own question as well as anyone else might. Be completely honest with yourself, and proceed accordingly.
    I haven't lost any strength from doing this for the last 2 weeks. I actually GAIN a lot of strength doing this ramp up method (+30lb in squats in 2 weeks). Example for squats sets : bar x 5, 95lb x 5, 135lb x 5, 185lb x 5, 225lb x 5. What I want is to mainly focus on building my upper body and only gain strength on my squats and deads (I just don't want my legs to grow anymore). Especially the squats, I don't know why but somehow I'v always been a great dealifter compare to my other lifts (deads 365 for reps compare to bench 155 or squats 235 or press 100lb).