FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitCoconut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower/Upper Body Split (Female)

My schedule makes a lower/upper split easy to follow and I was wondering if someone could give me a good workout split to help me build a nice upper frame and a nice butt and shapely legs. I've been trying various suggestions made to me, however, I feel I always add too much volume to the workout to compensate for what I feel is too little volume.
    Can anyone suggest me a good upper/lower split with a good amount of volume and exercise choices for building a nice ass/legs with a nice upper frame. Thanks in advance

Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joeeeeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FitCoconut View Post
    My schedule makes a lower/upper split easy to follow and I was wondering if someone could give me a good workout split to help me build a nice upper frame and a nice butt and shapely legs. I've been trying various suggestions made to me, however, I feel I always add too much volume to the workout to compensate for what I feel is too little volume.
    Can anyone suggest me a good upper/lower split with a good amount of volume and exercise choices for building a nice ass/legs with a nice upper frame. Thanks in advance
    Lyles generic bulking routine is good. Look that up.

Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000) Marine man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Joeeeeee View Post
    Lyles generic bulking routine is good. Look that up.
    You might want to actually give the last name and not assume everyone is familiar with Lyle Mcdonald.

Here is his generic routine:
    Originally Posted by Lyle Mcdoodyhead
    Since it gets asked about fairly often, here is the routine. Some notes follow

Mon: Lower
    Squat: 3-4X6-8/3' (3-4 sets of 6-8 with a 3' rest)
    SLDL or leg curl: 3-4X6-8/3'
    Leg press: 2-3X10-12/2'
    Another leg curl: 2-3X10-12/2'
    Calf raise: 3-4X6-8/3'
    Seated calf: 2-3X10-12/2'
    Abs/low back: a couple of heavy sets apiece

Tue: Upper
    Flat bench: 3-4X6-8/3'
    Row: 3-4X6-8/3'
    Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3X10-12/2'
    Pulldown/chin: 2-3X10-12/2'
    Triceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5'
    Biceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5'

For the Thu/Fri workouts either Repeat the first two or make some slight exercise substitutions. Can do deadlift/leg press combo on Thu, switch incline/pulldown to first exercises on upper body day. A lot depends on volume tolerance, if the above is too much, go to 2-3X6-8 and 1-2X10-12

Sets are work sets only, warm up appropriately.
    A few notes:
    1. This is an intermediate program. It is not appropriate for rank beginners (less than 6 months of consistent proper training) and tends not to be ideal for the very advanced (more than 3 years of proper training, near their genetic limits).

2. Folks who can't handle 4 days per week can use this on an alternating three day per week ABABA type of program so that everything gets hit every 5th day.
    Monday: Upper body
    Wednesday: Lower body
    Friday: Upper body
    Monday: Lower body
    Wednesday: Upper body
    Friday: Lower body

this can also be useful for older trainees since recovery is usually down a bit.

2a. For folks who don't do well training 2 days in a row (heavy leg days can be fatiguing for the upper day) and who can train on weekends, a schedule of
    Mon: lower
    Wed: upper
    Fri: lower
    Sat: upper

may be superior you get a day off after at least two of the workouts.

3. The program should be done across 6-8 week blocks of training. The first 2 weeks are submaximal run-ups where you are working below your best weight for the rep range. You might go something like 80-85% of best (e.g. if 100X8 is your best, go 80-85 lbsX8) in week 1 and then 90-95% of best in week 2. that means that sets will NOT be to failure and the workouts should be pretty comfortable.

For the next 4-6 weeks, the goal should be to make improvements as much as possible. When you get to the top end of the rep range on the first set with at least a rep or two to spare set add weight. Some may find it better getting all sets at the same weight before going up at the next workout.

3. People vary massively in how well they can handle weights across multiple sets. If you can do it, get all of the work sets at the same weight. If you can't, you are better off warming up to your heaviest weight on the first set and then pyramiding DOWN (e.g. lower weight on subsequent sets). Ascending pyramids suck.

4. After the 6-8 weeks is up, you MUST backcycle. If you want to change exericses, do it during the two week submaximal runup. Even if you want to keep the same exercises, you MUST backcycle to 80-85% of your previous best and runup at to numbers again. You MUST listen to me about this, if you try to keep hammering past that point, you will burn out and start backsliding.

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's a couple of upper-lower programs:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...wer-split.html

http://www.wannabebig.com/training/b...baby-got-back/

How much volume are you looking for? More doesn't necessarily mean better.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron