pwalters64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting in calories - Pop Tarts?? Nutrition help.

Info:
    5'10
    160 lbs,
    15-20% BF
    20% Caloric deficit -- 2000 calories.
    Work out 3-4 days a week, 2 cardio sessions a week.

Knowing only the 'clean eating' lifestyle for the past 2 years, I am currently trying to significantly increase my calories up to 2000. 2 Years ago I did something quite stupid (yet it worked...) and I cut for 30 days on like a 1200 calorie diet, then gradually gained it all back.

Fast forward now, I am not as lean as I'd like to be and my goal is to cut fat, obviously. My problem is that I am finding it hard to get up to 2000 calories per day, without making myself feel sick. I really love that lean feeling when you have an empty stomache, and despise being full.

The question: I regularly would eat about... 1500 calories a day. Assuming I get in my macronutrients just about right, could I just eat a Poptart to get in the rest of the calories? I am aware of the high sugar, high carb content of the delicious snack, but those being factored in... Does it matter if ALL of my calories are 'clean' or not?

Thanks for reading this, truly.

That metal guy in the gym RMohio's Avatar
    RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMohio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pwalters64 View Post
    Info:
    5'10
    160 lbs,
    15-20% BF
    20% Caloric deficit -- 2000 calories.
    Work out 3-4 days a week, 2 cardio sessions a week.

Knowing only the 'clean eating' lifestyle for the past 2 years, I am currently trying to significantly increase my calories up to 2000. 2 Years ago I did something quite stupid (yet it worked...) and I cut for 30 days on like a 1200 calorie diet, then gradually gained it all back.

Fast forward now, I am not as lean as I'd like to be and my goal is to cut fat, obviously. My problem is that I am finding it hard to get up to 2000 calories per day, without making myself feel sick. I really love that lean feeling when you have an empty stomache, and despise being full.

The question: I regularly would eat about... 1500 calories a day. Assuming I get in my macronutrients just about right, could I just eat a Poptart to get in the rest of the calories? I am aware of the high sugar, high carb content of the delicious snack, but those being factored in... Does it matter if ALL of my calories are 'clean' or not?

Thanks for reading this, truly.
    It depends on which camp weighs in. There is to thoughts on this matter, one is eat as few processed foods. The other is IIFYM= If It Fits Your Macros. Meaning if you can fit in your meal plan then go for it. I notice when i eat away from my meal plan my mental perception gets to me I know I ate a less than stellar food. So i just avoid the mental anguish and eat what I am comfortable with. If I eat certain foods I actually feel it weighing heavy on my stomach. (This could correlate back to mental thought, probably does.) But honestly if you can fit it in your goals and your okay with it, do what makes you happy! Good luck.
    Injuries are in my past, greatness is in my future.

James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50) James3D will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would avoid them proccesed foods make me starve but if it doesn't happen to you and fits your macros then it's fine

Whey Protein User djshortsleeve's Avatar
    djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djshortsleeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I find it simple. You should have Target protein and fat goals. I shoot for 200 and 100 g respectively. Make up the rest with carbs.

I eat clean, its hard to get enough protein and stay within calorie goals with junk.
    RIP raprazant
    RIP AnthonyGoldsGym
    RIP Matt Cook AKA StephenHawking
    RIP C. Griswald

ASOT crew, AA/Sober crew, Misc Cigar crew

Positivity is liberty.

DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I ****ING LOVE POP-TARTS!!! Cinnamon ones especially!!!!

Eat what you love.......just do it in moderation. Fit them into your macros and stay at a deficit. I love me some mac N cheese, butgers, pizza, sushi, chocolate.................

If you incorporate things you love to eat in your daily diet, you reduce the chance you will lose control and binge one day. It also makes the new lifestyle change less "diet Like" which increases the chance of it being a successful change that is sustainable for the very long term.

I will say this bagel I am eating is gonna screw up my calories for the day!!! LOL just kidding
    "I hate it when people say "Don't be so hard on yourself." Why not be hard on yourself? Be as hard on yourself as you can. Maybe just maybe it will get you up off your ass and help you accomplish a goal. If not, your weakness has won." ~ ME

"There are no easy fixes in life. No magic beans. No Genie of the Lamp to wish yourself skinny. It takes hard work and dedication. Why don't people understand that?" ~ ME

QUIT SPOUTING BRO SCIENCE BRAH!!!! UGGGGGGGGGG