Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bodymax CF475 Lat/Low Pulley Attachment

I'm interested in adding the Bodymax CF475 Lat/Low Pulley Attachment to my power rack.

Has anyone else got this piece of equipment? Is it decent?

The main question I am hoping to get answered is, how far does the attachment and pulley system stick out of the back of the rack? I have limited space and am wondering if it'll fit okay.

Cheers

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Have you seen this photo?

The attachment doesn't appear to use a lot of space. Keep in mind, however, that you'll need a bit of extra space behind the attachment so that plates loaded onto the weight carriage can move freely. You may also need a bit of extra space so that you can easily load and unload plates.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boooshmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So, I got the pulley attachment a month or so ago. Thought I'd share the dimensions with anyone considering the purchase who has limited space.

The attachment sticks out from the back of the rack by 13" (this is measured from the actual structure of the rack rather than the little protruding "feet" at the back corners). As the poster above said, you will need an extra few inches behind this dependent on the diameter of the plates you are using.

The equipment itself is sturdy and easy to assemble, although the instructions are as clear as mud. Don't forget that you will have to fit your cable so don't tighten the nuts on the pulleys until you have the cable in place, you will ruin your lock nuts if you have to undo.

iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Boooshmaster View Post
    I'm interested in adding the Bodymax CF475 Lat/Low Pulley Attachment to my power rack.

Has anyone else got this piece of equipment? Is it decent?

The main question I am hoping to get answered is, how far does the attachment and pulley system stick out of the back of the rack? I have limited space and am wondering if it'll fit okay.

Cheers
    I would stay away from any lat pull down / low row attachments for racks, they take away usable space from the cage, e.g. if you need to have your bench deeper into the rack.
    If you feel the need for a lat pull or low row, get a stand alone unit.

To be honest, do pull ups instead of lat pull downs, bent over rows instead of low rows and skull crushers instead of tricep pull downs.

I have a body solid stand along lat pull and low row, I only use it for tricep pull downs. I wish I used the money on a better rack, bar and more plates.

a FID bench, rack and a decent bar and enough plates is all you need.