MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Road Trip Nutrtion

I'm currently working in Colorado and planning a serious road trip come mid-April. I will most likely be on the road for 3 weeks or so. I still plan to workout atleast 3-4 days a week. Bigger cities have gyms, one of which I'm sure offers a free trial. Boom, workout + a shower. However I feel eating well may be hard, especially because my budget will be TIGHT. I'm thinking the obvious answers: tuna, peanut butter,shakes, peanuts, bread, etc. But I can't do that for 3 weeks. I was also thinking making a mass cooked chicken breast haul, but not sure how'd I preserve it. I need some creative solutions here. Anyone with experience eating well on the road like this? Or any ideas in general?

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've done a couple 3 day road trips.....for protonz - flatouts with the cheapy deli meats and then when you have enough protein just fill in whatever - crates of strawberries will get you fiber and some micros and are $2 a lb a lot of places.

are you getting hotels?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well....aside from a tub of whey. I think buffets may be your cheapest option at filling your macros. You could try doing IF for 3 weeks and fill/hit all macros and micros at a buffet.

EDIT: Haven't been to a buffet in awhile...but what do they cost on average? Like 4.99$? or something. Should be cheap....and you'll have plenty of options at veggies and protein + carbs.
    "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like Buffet idea. Some fast food won't hurt...grilled chicken sandwiches, hell, a burger or two. Wendy's has baked potatoes which is a solid carb count without the fats from fries. Canned chicken as well (ish is wrong to me, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do.)
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Pittsburgh '16

*Disclaimer: All recommendations are not intended to treat or cure any serious medical conditions.

oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneday752 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Naeem11 View Post
    Well....aside from a tub of whey. I think buffets may be your cheapest option at filling your macros. You could try doing IF for 3 weeks and fill/hit all macros and micros at a buffet.

EDIT: Haven't been to a buffet in awhile...but what do they cost on average? Like 4.99$? or something. Should be cheap....and you'll have plenty of options at veggies and protein + carbs.
    $4.99 for CiCi's maybe. However, chinese buffets and places like Furr's and Golden Corral will usually run you $8.00 or more. Depending on what time of the day you go.
    Last edited by oneday752; 03-13-2013 at 07:57 PM.

MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    buffets are a great idea...good thinking. this one just came to me, I have a 300 watt amp with two outlets that plugs into my dash. I plug my computer speakers into it to play my ipod (extremely ghetto I know). I could plug a george foreman into it, have a cook out at rest stops ha.

1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oneday752 View Post
    $4.99 for CiCi's maybe.
    Whole baseball team went 2 years ago...place had to stop people at the front from coming in because they couldn't put pizza out fast enough. Ate 33 pieces. 600 carb meal

Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Pittsburgh '16

*Disclaimer: All recommendations are not intended to treat or cure any serious medical conditions.

Originally Posted by MikessekiM View Post
    buffets are a great idea...good thinking. this one just came to me, I have a 300 watt amp with two outlets that plugs into my dash. I plug my computer speakers into it to play my ipod (extremely ghetto I know). I could plug a george foreman into it, have a cook out at rest stops ha.
    cancel that....pretty sure they put out way more than 300 watts

yeah i quoted myself.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cancel that....pretty sure they put out way more than 300 watts

yeah i quoted myself.
    I'm pretty sure we would have vetoed that terrible idea lol

BTW, what's the route/reason/destination of the road trip?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    I'm pretty sure we would have vetoed that terrible idea lol

BTW, what's the route/reason/destination of the road trip?
    http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/produ...p2370285dt.jpg - check this bad boy out

the route is basically denver-grand canyon-santa monica-yellowstone-badlands-tulsa-nashville-ohio

I'm from ohio, so i'll be ending there. No real reason other than I have always wanted to. I've been working in Colorado to make enough money to do this, which is turning out to be harder than it seems. I plan to sleep in my car when I'm not staying with my friends in each of my locations.

http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/produ...p2370285dt.jpg - check this bad boy out

the route is basically denver-grand canyon-santa monica-yellowstone-badlands-tulsa-nashville-ohio

I'm from ohio, so i'll be ending there. No real reason other than I have always wanted to. I've been working in Colorado to make enough money to do this, which is turning out to be harder than it seems. I plan to sleep in my car when I'm not staying with my friends in each of my locations.
    Ok that's pretty cool.....I could see myself using that.

Sounds great on the road trip - my suggestion is to get someone to go with you so you can at least alternate driving, but fun is fun! All the snow should be gone so that that will be nice. I'm a bit jealous.

I drive stick, my wife doesn't. So I drive the whole road trip anyways lol.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    Ok that's pretty cool.....I could see myself using that.

Sounds great on the road trip - my suggestion is to get someone to go with you so you can at least alternate driving, but fun is fun! All the snow should be gone so that that will be nice. I'm a bit jealous.

I drive stick, my wife doesn't. So I drive the whole road trip anyways lol.
    yeah this whole trip is assuming my 2001 jeep cherokee makes it...highly doubtful. cross that bridge when i come to it ha