Thread: Fat Loss Help!

simonaquitania has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat Loss Help!

Is there a way to burn off fats while maintaining my weight? Also not to burn muscle? Any advice? I really want to look leaner. I know I have to add cardio but I really dont want to burn off the muscles I just gained.

Current weight is 146 with 18.4% BF.

Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by simonaquitania View Post
    Is there a way to burn off fats while maintaining my weight? Also not to burn muscle? Any advice? I really want to look leaner. I know I have to add cardio but I really dont want to burn off the muscles I just gained.

Current weight is 146 with 18.4% BF.
    If you are really 6'6" at 146 then you are surely lower than 18% bodyfat. Burning fat = losing "weight", whether that weight includes muscle tissue is up to your diet.

Originally Posted by Joehunni View Post
    If you are really 6'6" at 146 then you are surely lower than 18% bodyfat. Burning fat = losing "weight", whether that weight includes muscle tissue is up to your diet.
    I would really love to maintain my weight. I actually just took a bod pod test today and im at 18% BF. Is there a way to shred the fat while gaining more muscle to replace the fat I lose? So I would maintain my weight, build muscle and burn fat? Sorry im actually 5'6. Idk why my profile says 6'6.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would really love to maintain my weight. I actually just took a bod pod test today and im at 18% BF. Is there a way to shred the fat while gaining more muscle to replace the fat I lose? So I would maintain my weight, build muscle and burn fat? Sorry im actually 5'6. Idk why my profile says 6'6.
    Eat at a deficit, lift heavy weights on a proper program, eat adequate protein. You'll lose fat and make some modest gains because you are new to resistance training. This ability only lasts a short time.

You will not maintain your weight, because fat is lost far more quickly than muscle is gained.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why not your own routine? Read this.
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joehunni is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lmao ok that makes way more sense... You really can't gain much muscle while dieting down, this is why you read everyone saying they're either cutting or bulking. You should be eating 150+ grams of protein a day minimum and lifting heavy weights to maintain the muscle you do have. You'll lose weight, but it'll just be fat. Then, once you're close to 10ish percent bodyfat you can start really building some muscle.

Lmao ok that makes way more sense... You really can't gain much muscle while dieting down, this is why you read everyone saying they're either cutting or bulking. You should be eating 150+ grams of protein a day minimum and lifting heavy weights to maintain the muscle you do have. You'll lose weight, but it'll just be fat. Then, once you're close to 10ish percent bodyfat you can start really building some muscle.
    I see, two months ago I was weighing about 137.7 but I gained 6lbs of muscle and 2 lbs of fat. I am a beginner body builder. So im still learning. So I should keep on bulking and then cut? So its pretty impossible to maintain weight, while building muscle and burning fat all the same time?

[QUOTE=dmacdonal9;1014197153]Eat at a deficit, lift heavy weights on a proper program, eat adequate protein. You'll lose fat and make some modest gains because you are new to resistance training. This ability only lasts a short time.

You will not maintain your weight, because fat is lost far more quickly than muscle is gained.

Well I havent add any cardio to workout for the past 4 months now since I decided I needed muscle. I have been lifting heavy, keeping track of my macros, and yes I do weigh all my food or I do have them portioned. I wanted to drop my BF but I didnt want to look scrawny if you know what I mean.

Well I would think %14ish percent would be low enough yo continue bulking, but I know I always see the more knowledgeable peeps suggesting you be as close to 10% as possible for best ratio of muscle/fat gains.

Well I would think %14ish percent would be low enough yo continue bulking, but I know I always see the more knowledgeable peeps suggesting you be as close to 10% as possible for best ratio of muscle/fat gains.
    Yeah, I think im going to bulk for another 2 months then when April comes, cut. I should be at least 160 by the end of March and I'll be at 145 by the end of April maybe. Thanks for the advice.