Theolepsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Help keeping motivation? Need General Advice

Hi, I'm new here. I've been lurking around the forums mostly to look for some music. I'm having issues keeping motivated.
    Here is some background information:
    I played 3 sports in highschool which helped me gain muscle mass.
    I was always pretty skinny and had relatively no fat.
    I quit sports and was with my girlfriend for years and ended up gaining weight during that period and by then my metabolism was pretty slow.
    So now I'm having issues keeping motivated to work out continuously.

The main issue is I don't have enough money to pay for new weights or a gym membership. I have two 20 lb weights and I think part of the issue is because when I would wake up the next day I knew my workout was great when my muscles would ache, it doesn't happen anymore.

So I have a few questions:
    -Is there a way that could help with motivation? I really want to change how I look now but it's difficult to stay in a routine.
    -Are there any natural ways to help me stay awake? I'm almost always tired and it gets incredibly aggravating. I would hate to have to drink coffee or monsters just to be awake throughout the day.
    -Is there any music that helps you get pumped up or just motivating music in general? (I'm more into electornic/dubstep/techno, rap, and some metal(not really too much screaming). Sometimes I listen to instrumental music.
    -Is there any workouts or exercises you could recommend? I'm limited on money and the amount of things I could do. Cardio is sort of hard around here, the nearest town is 6 miles away and I like to have a goal. Also, it's extremely cold here and I don't have really warm clothing.
    -Are there any supplements that could help as well?

Any links would work to, I just figured someone here could help as well .

If this is in the wrong section because of the content, feel free to move it.
    Last edited by Theolepsy; 01-01-2013 at 09:47 PM.

jkim4673 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Trying to stay in a routine in the beginning is hard, but it's not impossible. What I do is I write my goals on like an index card and put somewhere where I will always see it and ask myself "How am I going to reach that goal today?" Just find something that will keep driving you on no matter what. Whether that's getting the body of your dreams or doing it for someone, find something and think about it everyday.

Cold Water helps me stay awake during the day. Just sip on some water whenever your start feeling tired. Also, just standing up and walking around help. Gets the blood flowing. I heard an altoid helps.

I listen to Rage Against The Machine when I need some extra push during my workouts. Also, sometimes I just go on youtube and search for motivational/pump up music.

Bodyweight exercises like pull-ups and push-ups are a great weight to get in shape. I highly suggest investing in a pull-up bar or something you can do pull-ups on. In my opinion, pull-ups are one of the best exercises in developing the back. Also, there are a lot of variations in bodyweight exercises, so you can always change things up and shock your muscles. For cardio, you could jump rope. Also, a jump rope is pretty cheap too. Once you start jump roping and getting better at it, you can start doing some tricks if you wanted too. Also, this might sound unusual, but dancing is also a good form of cardio, as long as the tempo is pretty quick.

The only supplements that could help are probably some kind of multivitamin, possibly protein, if you're not getting enough from your diet, and fish oil.

I hoped this helped

Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tnez88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fight through the beginning. Once you start seeing results you will be more motivated. The mroe active you get, the more energy you willl feel.