DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Squats Making Lower back Sore

I've been trying to "break at the hips instead of the knees" for squats. However, since doing that my lower back has been extremely sore. It's uncomfortable moving around at my job actually.

My back doesn't hurt, just very sore and a little stiff. Am I possibly doing something wrong tho? My lower back used to almost never get like this tho.

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you are coming up using your back more than your legs, then yes you are using back more.

Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, it's possible you are doing something wrong. It's also possible you aren't.

It's not possible, however, to do a form check using text.

JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    With squat, the big thing people try to do is go low, which is good. HOWEVER, going low with your ass to the grass, not your back coming down. It's understandable, because nobody wants to be the guy that goes down 6 inches when squatting, but you absolutely got to make sure your form is in check.

So, just guessing, but I have to say maybe you're overcompensating going down lower with your back. In other words, giving the illusion you're going lower than you are. Maybe lighten the weight, and make a real effort to get your legs down and get your ass closer to the floor while keeping your back more upright. Don't be afraid to lighten that weight to get your form on point.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A video of your squat would make this a hell of a lot more easier for us.
    OG

MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeMarcano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Vid would help but if it's soar after the initial sessions with your new form....then you have to reevaluate form and/or strengthed your lower back doing deadlifts, supermans, good mornings, etc.

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Common problem in squats is not keeping your back stable during the lift. But we'll never know without a video.

DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50) DoubleNNs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Concat View Post
    Yes, it's possible you are doing something wrong. It's also possible you aren't.

It's not possible, however, to do a form check using text.
    Actually made me lol.

I realize a video would help a million times more. But I just wanted quick thoughts on what could possibly be wrong and what to look out for.

JohnRainbo's post seemed about right however. I might be leaning forward a bit too much, something like a goodmorning, giving the illusion that I'm squatting lower than I really am. In conjunction w/ breaking at the hips, probably using my back more.

I'll try sitting upright more. If the problem persists, I'll look into a squat form check video.

TBoneSteak90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stretch and be patient

Originally Posted by DoubleNNs View Post
    I've been trying to "break at the hips instead of the knees" for squats. However, since doing that my lower back has been extremely sore. It's uncomfortable moving around at my job actually.

My back doesn't hurt, just very sore and a little stiff. Am I possibly doing something wrong tho? My lower back used to almost never get like this tho.
    It may be your using parts of the back you haven't used before; they are being worked, and become sore and stiff the next day(s). Still, be careful about form and also try stretching. Give it time.