kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I'm confuse when trying to lose should do less on weight lifting and do more cardio?

According to a bio impedance machine I'm 25% fat.
    Which kinda sad since I lost like 10 lbs from working out hard only to find out you need to lose more.
    I know in this forum that 10lbs is nothing.
    I've been working to 3 years going to my 4th.
    I barely gain muscle and now my trainer wants me to lose more weight.
    But I want to start building muscle again.
    Stomach is flat, I have a 4 pack and what not, take note that the picture you see is not an update version of me.
    The feeling that I have to go through more pains me because I haven't gain much muscle.
    I get that I haven't perfected my diet, or that I'm clueless w/ workouts and that I'm an idiot for not doing everything right.
    I have work, I have a busy life and I'm trying my best. Neg me if you can't relate as if that ever mattered!
    I have heard this time and time again that cardio helps lose weight but I also hear that it also makes your lose muscle.
    Should I disregard my concerns of losing muscle and concentrate losing the weight doing cardio?
    I know that dieting is better, but I don't cook my meals, I try to stay away for sugary things, and I workout as much as possible.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Cardio should be used as a tool to increase energy expenditure, thus widening the caloric deficit. In terms of fat loss, eating less will do the same.

Lifting weights will help preserve muscle while cutting so you don;t look emaciated when yuo finish cutting.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=147447933
    Here is a simple routine.

Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Modarkness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Cardio should be used as a tool to increase energy expenditure, thus widening the caloric deficit. In terms of fat loss, eating less will do the same.

Lifting weights will help preserve muscle while cutting so you don;t look emaciated when yuo finish cutting.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933

Here is a simple routine.
    I have been using this routine for the past four weeks and I lost 5 pounds. On top of that I kept track of my caloric intake and on a deficit.

I included 30-40mins of cardio 2-3 times a week as well.

Give this a shot Kris and see how it goes. If you put this into your schedule it'll become a habit and track yourself to see how you're doing.

kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kris2pe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Modarkness View Post
    I have been using this routine for the past four weeks and I lost 5 pounds. On top of that I kept track of my caloric intake and on a deficit.
    I included 30-40mins of cardio 2-3 times a week as well.
    Give this a shot Kris and see how it goes. If you put this into your schedule it'll become a habit and track yourself to see how you're doing.
    I have been exercising! I do have that habit! Its just that if I have to including strict diet I think I wanna shoot my head off. Honestly I can't squeeze all those components, having perfect diet is ridiculous in real life especially if you have work.

mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kris2pe View Post
    I have been exercising! I do have that habit! Its just that if I have to including strict diet I think I wanna shoot my head off. Honestly I can't squeeze all those components, having perfect diet is ridiculous in real life especially if you have work.
    Then by simple math, you'll never lose weight. Weight loss happens when you feed your body less than it needs. Your body then turns to fat stores to live and produce energy. You can work out all day and if you are eating as much as or more than your body needs, you will stay the same or gain.

So, all the focus you're giving to working out is lost if you eat too much. And this is the wrong group to preach about trying to maintain a proper diet while being busy. Pack food and take it with you. Plan ahead. Yes, it's hard work.

I max what you rep StupidWheels's Avatar
    StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50) StupidWheels will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mjf100215 View Post
    Then by simple math, you'll never lose weight. Weight loss happens when you feed your body less than it needs. Your body then turns to fat stores to live and produce energy. You can work out all day and if you are eating as much as or more than your body needs, you will stay the same or gain.

So, all the focus you're giving to working out is lost if you eat too much. And this is the wrong group to preach about trying to maintain a proper diet while being busy. Pack food and take it with you. Plan ahead. Yes, it's hard work.
    this. dont come to a bodybuilding site and complain how hard fitness goals are. with that being said, how many times does this thread have to be made?? srsly, everytime i come to this subforum i see a new thread on this topic. could we perhaps get one stickied with this information in it?
    Down to MISC crew
    Don't care anymore, I only troll, Deal with it.

Well its not a refusal to do anything people are just asking how to make it work!
    Originally Posted by StupidWheels View Post
    this. dont come to a bodybuilding site and complain how hard fitness goals are. with that being said, how many times does this thread have to be made?? srsly, everytime i come to this subforum i see a new thread on this topic. could we perhaps get one stickied with this information in it?
    Don't REPLY SRSLY! CLOSE UR EYES! And sad to say this stuff always occurs why don't you start arresting people for asking! Instead of whining!

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You don't need a "perfect diet". You need to eat fewer calories than you are burning. So, don't eat so much if you want to get lower than 25% body fat. Pretty much common sense. Having a decent diet in real life, or at least one than will let you get leaner than 25% body fat, isn't ridiculous. Is your busy job "Official Donut Taster" or "Competition Eater"? Are you forced to consume platters of General Tso's chicken at every group meeting? No?! Then you can eat less no problem.

If you absolutely, positively refuse to count calories and eat appropriately, MAYBE tons of cardio is your best recourse. Personally, I'd rather risk losing a little muscle than stay at 25% bodyfat for years on end.

If you have been training for three years and have barely made any gains, one or more of the following things are happening:
    1) Your routine really sucks.
    2) Your diet really sucks.
    3) You have a medical/genetic condition. Maybe see a doctor about the possibility of TRT or whatever.

I strongly suspect the first two. Dropping from 25% body fat should be relative child's play.

I can't believe some people still refuse to think that going to the gym should totally be able to obviate a terrible diet.

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're a healthy guy, all you have to do is lift like a beast and watch your food intake and you'll shred fat.

I haven't done any cardio in 3 months and I've lost 35 pounds.

And all my lifts have gone up considerably and according to many people and even what I see in the mirror, I'm noticeable more muscular.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10) iceaura is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WTF? How is work supposed to make it more difficult to get your diet under control (not necessarily perfect)???? If anything, working long hours should force you to use a better diet to create your calorie deficit rather than cardio (which you don't have time for?). C'mon, everyone can work and maintain good shape.

If you're just too lazy to work out a diet, then you don't want it bad enough. Diet is the number one key to long term, sustainable weight loss.

mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I came in to see the most recent post and noticed at the bottom that the forum conveniently provided some similar posts to this one. I then realized that one of the three listed was by you almost one year ago.

You have successfully wasted everybody's time with this thread as you're basically crying about the same stuff that you did a whole year ago. Your trolling skills are excellent. Carry on and we'll see you again next year with another exciting update on your lack of fat loss.

Have a good year.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=138237523

xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500)
    Then by simple math, you'll never lose weight. Weight loss happens when you feed your body less than it needs. Your body then turns to fat stores to live and produce energy. You can work out all day and if you are eating as much as or more than your body needs, you will stay the same.
    eating less will not make you lose weight?? Where did you get this from? You will actually gain fat by doing this and also being in a deficit your body will go into a catabolic state which will break down protein stores I.e. muscle tissue for energy. Eating at your bmr and then working out will cause weight loss. A gradual deficit is ideal along with high intensity exercise. You burn more fat doing high intensity then you would with low intensity. Cardio like someone else said above will help make you physically able to workout longer or harder.

Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joedeeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xx211aaronxx View Post
    eating less will not make you lose weight?? Where did you get this from? You will actually gain fat by doing this and also being in a deficit your body will go into a catabolic state which will break down protein stores I.e. muscle tissue for energy. Eating at your bmr and then working out will cause weight loss. A gradual deficit is ideal along with high intensity exercise. You burn more fat doing high intensity then you would with low intensity. Cardio like someone else said above will help make you physically able to workout longer or harder.

Wut

bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bsmnr0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Weight loss is as simple as burning more calories then you consume,

You burn on average (varies alot) 2500calories a day

this means to lose weight at a safe rate whilst maintaining muscle you should eat 2k calories (again, this is an adjustable variable reflecting on the person)

Cardio will burn calories and accurately tell you how many you burn, but weight lifting will also burn enough if not more then cardio.

It's all preference really, I've been eating 2-2.5k calories daily and i'm losing 1lb-2lb a week without any cardio.

goodluck with your goals dont ever give up!

BADoglick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BADoglick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BADoglick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BADoglick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BADoglick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can eat as much as you do now, but you have to sacrifice in some aspects in order to get more protein. Like, instead of getting the burger, get chicken, which has more protein and less fat. Limit the amount of greasy stuff, and get more fish, chicken, skim milk instead of whole, and cut out the peanut butter as well. I was always skinny, so I thought I could get away with eating lots of that for protein. Got big quick.

VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000) VikingFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    I came in to see the most recent post and noticed at the bottom that the forum conveniently provided some similar posts to this one. I then realized that one of the three listed was by you almost one year ago.

You have successfully wasted everybody's time with this thread as you're basically crying about the same stuff that you did a whole year ago. Your trolling skills are excellent. Carry on and we'll see you again next year with another exciting update on your lack of fat loss.

Have a good year.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=138237523
    OMG!!!! I read this and read some of OPs threads. I don't think I have ever read so many excuses - EVER! OP has been offered thousands of good quality responses about diet, exercise and how to achive his goals.

Members of this community - most often come here to LEARN - there is a learning curve for all of us. Many questions have been answered a million times - and stickied. I don't think it is possible to find a better forum, with members so dedicated, so willing to offer advice, support about how to loose fat and gain muscle. Members constantly trying to reach their goals - constantly trying to improve their bodies - learning all the time and REACHING THEIR GOALS. BECOMING the best they can be - sharing their failures - and successes!

Learning from others on a forum takes willingness to read - willingness to change things that are not working - ability to stick to basics. Loosing fat and gaining muscle is not rocket science.

kris2pe - With a BF% of 25 ... a simple goal of getting down to a BF% of 20 ... is very easy to obtain! (I wanted to ask - What is stopping you from doing it - but reading some of your threads - makes that OBVIOUS). Getting from a BF% of 20 to 15% is a bit harder ...but looking at all the members here on the forum who have done it should be motivating enough. If you start EXECUTING - Putting all the advice you have been offered to use and DOING it - you can reach your goals. Only one stopping you - is you.

Originally Posted by xx211aaronxx View Post
    Originally Posted by BADoglick View Post
    You can eat as much as you do now, but you have to sacrifice in some aspects in order to get more protein. Like, instead of getting the burger, get chicken, which has more protein and less fat. Limit the amount of greasy stuff, and get more fish, chicken, skim milk instead of whole, and cut out the peanut butter as well. I was always skinny, so I thought I could get away with eating lots of that for protein. Got big quick.
    Can you two do this community a favor and not give diet advice again? That would be great... thanks.

xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500) xx211aaronxx is not very helpful. (-500)
    Cardio will not make you lose muscle unless you are running 5 miles everyday. To lose weight you must move. Doing higher intensity resistance training and anaerobic endurance training would be best to drop weight.