ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking What training methods work well??

I currently use weight training, HIT cardio, plyometrics, circuits and boxercise with my clients and have had alot of success with them. What other methods of training are other trainers using at the moment and what works well??

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Let us know if any of those methods work past the first 6-12 weeks.

popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've have a lot of success with myself and clients lifting weights in a progressive manner and eating well, on top of doing some enjoyable stuff outside the gym (recreational sport, walking outside on a nice day, outdoor-sy stuff, dancing etc) and stretching/mobility.

InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Resistance exercise in progressive manner. Currently have a client who has worked their way up to sumo deadlifts, incline BB bench, pullups, military BB, prones.

ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ash1806 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Let us know if any of those methods work past the first 6-12 weeks.
    My client who has been with me since february has plateaued last few months and things have slowed down, wt would u suggest?

InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) InsanelyFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Progression.

KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ash1806 View Post
    My client who has been with me since february has plateaued last few months and things have slowed down, wt would u suggest?
    No idea. What are their capabilities and goals?

Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by InsanelyFit View Post
    Progression.
    THIS. Do a 3 day diet log. Maybe nutritions not up to par. Need to know goals,Fitness level, etc like Kyle said.
    There should be a picture of Dexter Jackson on the IFBB mandate.

If you don't even think to mention their capabilities and goals, that could be part of the cause of their stalling. If you don't know where they are and where they want to go, how can they get there?

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    weights + iifym.

Smile

No idea. What are their capabilities and goals?
    His goals are to trim down and look more toned and improve his general body composition, in his words he wants to look good with his top off. He was 17st in feb and is 14st 4 now. Target weight is 13st then client wants to wrk on building more muscle. His general fitness is high but has a slight knee problem so running and anything high impact must be avoided.

His goals are to trim down and look more toned and improve his general body composition, in his words he wants to look good with his top off. He was 17st in feb and is 14st 4 now. Target weight is 13st then client wants to wrk on building more muscle. His general fitness is high but has a slight knee problem so running and anything high impact must be avoided.
    I have recently put him on a weight loss diet plan similar to the 1 i posted in nutrition yesterday

What exercises are you getting him to do?

His weight does not mean anything without mentioning his height, frame size, and some other figures like his chest or waist size. It's one thing to be 14st4lbs at 6'5", another to be that at 5'5", likewise a difference between a chest of 44" with a waist of 44", and a chest of 44" with a waist of 34".

Details, details. If you don't even think to include these details then I am amazed your guy has made any progress at all.

spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First four week is very intensive 5-6 days each week. Two days with me and the rest on their own, the only weight they get to use are small handheld Dumbbells and kettle bells. It's like Boot camp
    A lot of high intesity plyometric work, circuit training and constant moving.. Even on their rest breaks they are never to sit down or just stand there if I catch them motionless they do burpees.
    After the first month their plyo work slows down to twice a week and they are getting into L.I.S.S. Month two they get introduced on how to use the weights and I set them up on a program, and a diet. They do this for a month to help sculpt their body and tighten up the troubled areas.
    Month three they get punched in the face again and have to go hard, again its like boot camp round two... Only harder. Then it progresses like that. When they are done with month three i teach them how to design a diet and a program and they get to do that with my supervision. After month four their results have came to almost a dead halt and I get back with them again on the same course.

The majority of my population is Over weight women ages 25-49 who have never really exercised in the past. I have some people from MD's Chiropractors, Massage therapists and Physical therapists who need a different program than that. It This programming has never failed for me so I stick to it. I keep it VERY VERY basis though using less than 25 exercises
    Each evening I go to bed with doubt by my side and each morning I wake with doubt to greet me. It ain’t easy to live with that sh*t, but it is a part of the uncommon life. There are no promises or guarantees, only an untold future with no regard for your desire for comfort or security.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***
    CajunPballer 4 teen section mod. MANLETPOWER

Txfitnessowner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can always try a recovery week. Still do a normal workout but change a variable. Most of the time people lower the amount of weight they lift. You don't want to take a week off, but give them a chance to catch up to all the work they have put in. Do a normal routine. When they come back the next week, they should be refreshed and ready to push harder... hopefully. good luck.

shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50) shredorded will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Periodization.

Originally Posted by spud1345 View Post
    First four week is very intensive 5-6 days each week. Two days with me and the rest on their own, the only weight they get to use are small handheld Dumbbells and kettle bells. It's like Boot camp
    A lot of high intesity plyometric work, circuit training and constant moving.. Even on their rest breaks they are never to sit down or just stand there if I catch them motionless they do burpees.
    After the first month their plyo work slows down to twice a week and they are getting into L.I.S.S. Month two they get introduced on how to use the weights and I set them up on a program, and a diet. They do this for a month to help sculpt their body and tighten up the troubled areas.
    Month three they get punched in the face again and have to go hard, again its like boot camp round two... Only harder. Then it progresses like that. When they are done with month three i teach them how to design a diet and a program and they get to do that with my supervision. After month four their results have came to almost a dead halt and I get back with them again on the same course.

The majority of my population is Over weight women ages 25-49 who have never really exercised in the past. I have some people from MD's Chiropractors, Massage therapists and Physical therapists who need a different program than that. It This programming has never failed for me so I stick to it. I keep it VERY VERY basis though using less than 25 exercises
    cheers pal

Thanks everyone!!

His weight does not mean anything without mentioning his height, frame size, and some other figures like his chest or waist size. It's one thing to be 14st4lbs at 6'5", another to be that at 5'5", likewise a difference between a chest of 44" with a waist of 44", and a chest of 44" with a waist of 34".

Details, details. If you don't even think to include these details then I am amazed your guy has made any progress at all.
    i will put all details on when i get in wrk so u can let me know. Also ur first comment suggested wt am using would only wrk for a limited time so am interested to know wt different methods u use and why mine may give limited results?? Let me know thanks