SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cardio is a MUST for the average joe that doesn't count calories

who said that cardio is needed for fat loss ? cardio just burns calories, calories that u can simply not eat in the first place

but many people, in fact, the majority of people do not count calories, so they are off by a big margin, this is compounded by the fact that all calories in foods and products are nothing but estimations .. also your body fat doesn't require energy .. most people are off when it comes to knowing their real bodyfat %, thus consume many more calories that they need .. also most people bodyfat % is higher than they think .. you will see plenty 5'10 200lbs 10% bf on the internet .. their 10% bf is more like 15% or more ... talk to me when you get down to a real 8% bf and you will see how fuking small you look

even the most perfectionist bodybuilders are at least 10% off in their calories calculation, and you expect an average miscer to be perfect ? to simply reduce calories by using food labels and risk losing muscle or staying at maintenance? basically going nowhere lol

this is in this case, cardio helps, because it will help average joes to stay in a caloric deficit despite not counting calories

*******s think is easy just read labels, sum calorie numbers, internet calculator, add etc and everything will go perfectly lol maybe in paper not in real life .. fat loss is not linear and

there are many many factors that take years to find out, and even then, you will still be 10% off your calorie numbers

and you expect an average newbie to know all of this ?

myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    But you just posted all that....so yeah, I guess.
    Reppin DMF & JG crew

SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyFatGenes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the problem with cutting, is that majority of people eat different kinds of food, and many of those foods, is basically very difficult to get the same amount of calories each single day, thus calories vary every day, which makes fat loss more difficult

this is why diets based on products or protein shakes works so good, because you are always eating pretty much the same exact amount of calories each day, is not 100% perfect, but is more accurate than eating regular meals .. thus fat loss stays consistent ..

but many people prefer cutting using whole foods, which are obviously more difficult to track and get the same amount of calories each day, thus for these people who only go by portion size, and eat mostly whole foods, cardio is a must .. especially since cardio doesn't burn as many calories as people think

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not entirely sure what the point of this rant is? Counting calories and macros is easy, cardio is not needed.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is there a point to this thread?

OP you seem like an angry guy. just relax.

And NO, cardio is NOT a must to lose weight. If you want to lose weight count kcals and stop guessing. /Thread
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP seems to think he is some sort of fitness guru.

An angry, red guru.

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gotta love these people. So I guess OP thought he was awesome at counting calories/estimating activity and found out the hard way that was not the case.

Your initial plan will be an ESTIMATION, and you'll use your brain to make the necessary changes as you see which way your progress goes. Pointless thread.

Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Isanloksbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fine ill art doing cardio
    Thanks op for the cold truth

Brutal skin thinning igglesphan's Avatar
    igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks red!

5 Star thread... Would read again!

nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Schickita View Post
    ITT: OP is too lazy or simply not efficient enough at counting calories
    This!

If you're not counting calories, you're not on a diet and you're not serious about dropping fat to the extent that even the amateur bb'er is. This is excepting those people who are so experienced with dieting that they can really estimate their calorie intakes with a fair amount of accuracy.

Calorie counting is so easy now that it is SIGNIFICANTLY easier to restrict intake than it is to increase expenditure. People don't yet know this, but once they get their feet wet and try these new tools, it's just brain-dead easy. Also, intake estimation may be an imperfect science, but its vastly superior to the accuracy of determining cardio caloric expenditure. I do fasting LISS as a bonus deficit generator, but I know it would be maddeningly self-defeating were I to try to account for that calorie burn in my calorie budget.

I do plan on getting a fitbit to account for my expenditure at work during my lean bulk where a net deficit will destroy my efforts at gaining lean mass.
    'There is no sin except stupidity." --Oscar Wilde

Registered User TexasHeadHunter's Avatar
    TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not surprised to see him banned - OPs overuse of "*******s" in every post and ignorance to truth isn't needed here
    SW: 280lbs SBF: 40+%
    CW: 194lbs CBF: 12%

93KG USAPL Raw Powerlifter
    Arlington Raw Strength Classic 3/4/17
    Sq: 352 | B: 286 | DL: 462

Next Meet: TBD

BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to count calories. To be honest all it did was make me lose weight.

nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BradKemp View Post
    I used to count calories. To be honest all it did was make me lose weight.
    Repped!
    'There is no sin except stupidity." --Oscar Wilde

pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This dude is obviously trolling, but I think there is something to be said for the regular beotch, and cardio. I think cardio makes regular people feel good and insures deficit against their terrible math/eating skills...That being said, this original poster is trolling.

StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000) StitchT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyFatGenes View Post
    Red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red.
    Can someone unfilter this somehow :S?

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pacificd View Post
    This dude is obviously trolling, but I think there is something to be said for the regular beotch, and cardio. I think cardio makes regular people feel good and insures deficit against their terrible math/eating skills...That being said, this original poster is trolling.
    Yes it is good for them (cardiovascular health is kinda important)

It normally does the exact opposite of insuring a deficit though. It creates a false sensation of wow I must have burned a ton of cals during my 25 min of strolling on the treadmill, I should probably reward myself with eating out a big dinner. We are TERRIBLE at estimating our cal intake (which is why we should track as best as possible) and equally just as bad at estimating the number of cals we think we burn in daily activities and workouts. Do all the cardio you want, it wont get you out of a bad diet (massive overeating)

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cardio is no substitute for not watching what you eat, the balance is way off. You innocently grab a cookie out of a bag.
    99 % of people don't realize that you need to run a mile to burn it off. A cheeseburger and fries? Plan on spending hours on the treadmill.

Just because you do some cardio doesn't give you a license to eat what you want and be lean
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

heyman321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyman321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heyman321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Obviously this is a bodybuilding forum so it is extremely biased, and you don't need cardio to lose weight per se, but cardio is important for developing a healthy heart and lungs.

Could a bodybuilder who doesn't do cardio run a 5k? That I don't know because I'm not a bodybuilder who doesn't do cardio nor do some even want to, I do both pretty equally. In the end, it's calories in vs calories out.

Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    Obviously this is a bodybuilding forum so it is extremely biased, and you don't need cardio to lose weight per se, but cardio is important for developing a healthy heart and lungs.

Could a bodybuilder who doesn't do cardio run a 5k? That I don't know because I'm not a bodybuilder who doesn't do cardio nor do some even want to, I do both pretty equally. In the end, it's calories in vs calories out.
    IF you havent noticed I would say its safe to say that upwards of 90% (maybe higher) of the active users in the losing fat forums are not "body builders" as you would think. Most the people in these parts come here because they simply want to lose weight. Lots of them havent touched a weight and the ones who have are still not long time experienced lifters. There are always exceptions to this of course. Either way, were not saying that cardio isnt good for you (can re read my other post above where I specifically say it is) we are saying people think that cardio is the key to weight/fat loss. which its not.

CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50) CincyBass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BRB guess im not going to lose weight.

Yet to date ive lost 50+ pounds without cardio.

Imagine that.

Losing weight isn't a fad. Take it from someone who has yo-yo'd for years until now. Losing weight takes dedication and effort, but keeping it off is the entire goal. Its about changing how you live, what you eat, and how you move. If you put crap in, you'll always get crap out, and eventually you will either hurt yourself or find yourself in a circumstance where cardio isn't an option, and you find you pack the weight back on because you didn't take eating right seriously.

Cardio will not fix poor eating habits. If you develop those good eating habits cardio is not necessary... for losing weight.

No one is discounting the benefits of cardio, and this is why cardio should be in everyone's regime, but saying it is necessary to lose weight is asinine.

EDIT: Spelling.
    December 2011: 315lbs | January 2014: 249lbs | October 2014: 193lbs

Loss to date: 122lbs

Goal: Cut ~30lbs, then slow bulk with cut cycles when needed until 200lbs 12% bf.