BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastMode231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need bunion surgery!! FML

Hey guys I'm new to this forum im seeking information on bunion surgery and recovery related to bodybuilding. If you don't know what a bunion is, it's a hereditary foot problem where your big toe protrudes out due to improper alignment etc. Look it up on google images you'll quickly get the idea. I'm a 21 yr old 5'8" male. I have genetic bunions my whole life. My right foot is bad, alot worse than my left it looks terrible i can't go bare foot anywhere. The problem is I want to start competitive bodybuilding and im trainging with an IFBB pro now, i have been doing this for 6 years, im very muscular currently 205bs 8% bf. (183lbs in my pic so i am very serious) therefore i push lots of heavy weights 6 days a week. I train calves a lot and its getting painful and my muscle development is actually much greater on my outter calves due to my bunions and the way my weight is balanced. My main concern is the very large red bump protruding from my foot that makes my foot literally feel abnormal and uncomfortable with random pains throughout the day.
    (also i think this causes anxiety to some extent)

If i get surgery will i be able to resume with my workouts? Squats, leg press, calve raises etc...

How long will i be off my feet? (I will lose muscle and yrs of hard work doing absoluteness nothing and potentially get fat!)

Will i heal back to full functionality of my foot motion and pushing strength in my ligaments? Or will i become disabled for the rest of my life lol?

Thanks for the help everyone much appreciated

robiehenderson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Bunion surgery: my experience

Originally Posted by BeastMode231 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to this forum im seeking information on bunion surgery and recovery related to bodybuilding. If you don't know what a bunion is, it's a hereditary foot problem where your big toe protrudes out due to improper alignment etc. Look it up on google images you'll quickly get the idea. I'm a 21 yr old 5'8" male. I have genetic bunions my whole life. My right foot is bad, alot worse than my left it looks terrible i can't go bare foot anywhere. The problem is I want to start competitive bodybuilding and im trainging with an IFBB pro now, i have been doing this for 6 years, im very muscular currently 205bs 8% bf. (183lbs in my pic so i am very serious) therefore i push lots of heavy weights 6 days a week. I train calves a lot and its getting painful and my muscle development is actually much greater on my outter calves due to my bunions and the way my weight is balanced. My main concern is the very large red bump protruding from my foot that makes my foot literally feel abnormal and uncomfortable with random pains throughout the day.
    (also i think this causes anxiety to some extent)

If i get surgery will i be able to resume with my workouts? Squats, leg press, calve raises etc...

How long will i be off my feet? (I will lose muscle and yrs of hard work doing absoluteness nothing and potentially get fat!)

Will i heal back to full functionality of my foot motion and pushing strength in my ligaments? Or will i become disabled for the rest of my life lol?

Thanks for the help everyone much appreciated
    Hello,
    I had a very large bunion on my left foot, and I have experienced your same problems. The bunion was so large that I had to buy split-size shoes. Last year I underwent surgery (I'm 27 now). I chose a MD who specializes in orthopedic surgery.

He used an excellent technique (he was averse to minimally invasive surgery, and so I am). The rehab took two full months and three months were necessary before I could heal back to full functionality : since then I haven't had the least problem my foot, so I recommend surgery to all bunion sufferers (provided that then bunion really causes problems: it should be never operated on only for cosmetic reasons).

All the best !

I have found a very informative FB page on bunion (hallux valgus) surgery in athletes

MonsterMethod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

BeastMode231, sorry to hear about you having to have bunion surgery. But if you are looking into getting bunion treatment, you should check out mynycpodiatrist.com/patient-education/articles/bunion-treatment[/url], which talks about other methods of treating bunions. I read though, surgery for bunions shouldn't take very long.

Hope this helps...

nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It depends on the therapy after the surgery. Therapy can be painful but it will be worth it to get full range of motion back. I had wrist surgery and I could say that you can be back hitting the gym hard after two months. My dad is an orthopaedic surgeon and he was very harsh with my therapy but at least I got my full range of motion and strength back lol. So the pain of therapy is necessary.