Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Realistic goal to 15% bf

Hey guys,

So I'm 118kg (260lbs) and 35% bf.

Hoping to get to 15% bf by my 18th birthday in 6 months

I go to the gym 5 days a week (monday to friday) with 30min cardio and 45-60 mins of weights, I also consume a max of 2250 calories and have a active job.

Is loosing 20% bf in 6 months a realistic goal? Or could I loose it quicker?

And is there a massive difference between 15% bf and 10%bf?

22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 22pete22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is doable.....but won't be easy. Wouldn't try to do it any quicker myself, but I too run out of patience sometimes. It's people on this site that talk sense into me and remind me it's not a race it's a life change!

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you are an average guy with average genetics, without a life of lifting heavy stuff on a farm, plan on getting to around 150 pounds. Thats 110 lbs. So in 180 days you would need to lose 110 lbs. That is .61 lbs a day, or a 2135 calorie deficit per day, you would literally be eating nothing, literally! Plan on this taking a solid year, if you lose 2 lbs a week for a year, that will take you 55 weeks. Since you can get away with a little faster while being really overweight, probably 10 solid months if you stick with it every single day.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok here you go. I was 220 lbs, at 5'9 like 6-7 months ago. Body fat percent calculated was 23%.

Now I am 179 lbs, 5'9 still and bodyfat calculated in the beginning of September at 14% (probably close to 13% now or already 13%)

35% to 15% will take longer then what you're hoping for, a lot longer. It'll be a long journey.

And for your other question, the difference between 15% and 10% is like 2 different universes. at 15 Percent I still looked like a fat slop, at 13-14 percent I had cuts in my shoulders, arms were fully cut, chest leaned out, started to see serratus muscles. The real transformation occurs from 15 to 10 percent. each percent down is like a day and night difference in my opinion.

Some key things you can use to make an impact in weight loss would be intermittent fasting, which I've been on for a month now(before I would do cardio as well but i had to drop that since intermittent fasting was that much of a boost)

Also look into EC stack, I can't use EC stack because i'm on an accutane cycle atm, but if I could I would. Search that I heard coupled with IF it's cutting made ez mode.

Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    if you are an average guy with average genetics, without a life of lifting heavy stuff on a farm, plan on getting to around 150 pounds. Thats 110 lbs. So in 180 days you would need to lose 110 lbs. That is .61 lbs a day, or a 2135 calorie deficit per day, you would literally be eating nothing, literally! Plan on this taking a solid year, if you lose 2 lbs a week for a year, that will take you 55 weeks. Since you can get away with a little faster while being really overweight, probably 10 solid months if you stick with it every single day.
    20% of 260 is 52lbs or ~23kgs to lose

My goal really is to be 95kgs-100kgs (210lbs - 220lbs) or 15% bf

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    220 lbs with 15% exceeds the genetic potential for a natural bodybuilder of a guy who is 5'8"
    I am 5'9 with about 144 lbs of lean body mass, i would need to get to 187 lbs of lean body mass (0% fat) in order to be 220 at 15% which is beyond impossible naturally.

With that said, if you are average like 99% of us here, you will need to get to around 150 lbs.
    Last edited by Serpentarius; 09-22-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) olympicgs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    220 lbs with 15% exceeds the genetic potential for a natural bodybuilder of a guy who is 5'8"
    It all depends on your wrist and ankle size; you can't say definitively without those measurements. But I do agree that if he's like 99% on this forum that probably will be an impossibility.

dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think the biggest thing is its highly unprobable that the OPs body fat % is actually 35%.

Realistically its probably in the low 40s.

However if it actually were 35% he would need to lose in the ballpark of 70-75lbs to actually reach that goal (since 100% pure fat loss is highly improbable) which would come out to close to 3lbs a week, every single week, for 6 months straight. Which isnt realistic.

So if you are truly 35% bf then it would be a long shot for you to achieve your goal.

If you are over 35% (which you highly probably are) then its even less likely.

That said you COULD certainly lose 40-50~ pounds over 6 months, which i promise would be a TREMENDOUS improvement, drastically cutting your bodyfat % while raising your confidence and all that fun stuff.

Then youd be somewhat decent and could keep on grinding from there.

Nobody ever became great overnight so get goin

dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcmaggio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Brentten View Post
    hmm so you dont think im 35%BF, what am i? look at the pics.

Attachment 4910803
    Attachment 4910813
    You cant predict bf% from those pics

Hell ill say you dont even look 35% in them, nor look even remotely close to 265 (if I had to guess knowing your height id think you were 200-210 tops)

who knows, but basically anyone over 25% bf is a ****shoot trying to calculate their bf %

Cutting like an emo kid. Kaolossus's Avatar
    Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaolossus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Brentten View Post
    hmm so you dont think im 35%BF, what am i? look at the pics.

Attachment 4910803
    Attachment 4910813
    You really can not expect any legit body fat estimate from those pictures. Also what is your history with lifting? Unless you have been lifting for quite some time you have much less lbm than what you are guesstimating for yourself.

My advice is just start now. Who cares about bodyfat or needing to hit a goal of 15% in 6 months. You need to set achievable short term goals to have gratification to make you WANT to continue the long journey you have ahead of you.

Best of luck.

libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) libtolu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    serp he only needs to lose around 60 pounds to get to 15%
    ** Forever Cutting Crew**

Squat: 375lbs
    Bench: 253lbs
    Deads: 485lbs

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by libtolu View Post
    serp he only needs to lose around 60 pounds to get to 15%
    unless he has a TON of muscle, then there is no way to be 15% at 200 lbs 5'8". I'm 15% @ 5'10" 165 lbs.
    fuark