Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kiryu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I need a great Arm work out routine

Title says it all,
    I need a good arm routine im new to lifting still, a little past beginner

If anyone could give me a routine to follow that would be great, I got my back/chest/lower body rotuin down
    the arm part im struggling on trying to find.

Halp?

j-train333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    Title says it all,
    I need a good arm routine im new to lifting still, a little past beginner

If anyone could give me a routine to follow that would be great, I got my back/chest/lower body rotuin down
    the arm part im struggling on trying to find.

Halp?
    Well first of all, to formulate an adequate arm workout, it is best to understand the parts of the arm and how to best emphasize each part during your workout. The triceps make up 3/5 of your upper arm, so it is best to do a few extra tricep sets in your workout. The lateral head, the part that you can see if you have your side facing the mirror and try to flex your triceps, is best stimulated by doing pushdown exercises such as the rope, straight bar, ez bar, d-handle cable pushdowns, etc. It is also emphasized when doing nuetral grip dumbbell or cable kickbacks or tate presses. the medial head, which is directly above the elbow, is best stimulated by doing reverse grip triceps moves such as: reverse grip pushdowns and reverse grip kickbacks. The long head, the meaty part of the triceps just above the medial head, is best stimulated by doing overhead triceps moves such as the french press, or dumbbell or barbell triceps extensions which can be done standing, seated, incline( to provide an extra stretch on the longhead), flat, or decline.
    The biceps is made up of the short (inner) and long (outer) heads. The short head is best stimulated by doing curls with your arms starting in front of you such as the preacher curl or scott curl as well as widegrip standing bicep curls. The long head is best stimulated by keeping your hands tucked into your sides and your arms either behind you (as in an incline dumbbell curl) or straight down (as in a standing CLOSE-grip curl). The underhand pullup is also a very good biceps move in addition to back, as it is a multi-joint (compound) movement.
    The forearms are made up of flexor as well as extensor muscles. The flexor muscles are best stimulated with regular wrist curls, where as the extensors are best stimulated with reverse grip wrist curls. Using the weighted forearm rope is also a great forearm exercise. Hope this helps.