Page 78 of 281 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 8430
    DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Bob. I was just reflecting on your training protocol posts and was curious as to the reasoning behind Pull-ups being apart of what seems to be every training session. Is this part of weak point focus or more so in terms of a warm ups. Hope you don't mind just curious.
    Team Norton

Metabolism, Motivation & Growth

Twitter --DoubleDaysBen

Instagram -- TheGheenGoblin

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    STRONG workout from yesterday man!
    Trying to get big like you!

Originally Posted by DoubleDaysBen View Post
    Hey Bob. I was just reflecting on your training protocol posts and was curious as to the reasoning behind Pull-ups being apart of what seems to be every training session. Is this part of weak point focus or more so in terms of a warm ups. Hope you don't mind just curious.
    The 30 Pull-ups to start the workout are a warm-up. Get the blood flowing and also give my back extra work which sucks.

DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoubleDaysBen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

The 30 Pull-ups to start the workout are a warm-up. Get the blood flowing and also give my back extra work which sucks.
    Ahh ok cool. Sounds like a brutal warm up lol Thanks for answering
    Team Norton

Metabolism, Motivation & Growth

Twitter --DoubleDaysBen

Instagram -- TheGheenGoblin

DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000) DiamondMaker is a name known to all. (+5000)

Pull-ups are awesome! BUT I kind of feel like based on the hypertrophic development of your back, that it's more like your non-lat muscles are actually the ones lacking the most. Deads and good mornings for sure - but I maybe bro-ing it up and doing heavy barbell rows in more of a rear-delt/trap/rhomboid stimulating position might get it done.

Either way man, your progress is going well and I'm jelly of how lean you've kept things.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondMaker View Post
    Pull-ups are awesome! BUT I kind of feel like based on the hypertrophic development of your back, that it's more like your non-lat muscles are actually the ones lacking the most. Deads and good mornings for sure - but I maybe bro-ing it up and doing heavy barbell rows in more of a rear-delt/trap/rhomboid stimulating position might get it done.
    Either way man, your progress is going well and I'm jelly of how lean you've kept things.
    Came across a great article with current research from different S&C studies on the this^ very topic. (http://www.strengthandconditioningre...or-pull-downs/) Really good read if you've got a minute or two...
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    Came across a great article with current research from different S&C studies on the this^ very topic. (http://www.strengthandconditioningre...or-pull-downs/) Really good read if you've got a minute or two...
    Good readings here, but lets not get so carried into science, while its good to understand things, we have to apply what we know , and what works for us and make changes. Not everything you read in science will be 100% correct from human to huamn, so we have to play trial and error to find what works for us and utilize it. We are ALWAYS learning.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good readings here, but lets not get so carried into science, while its good to understand things, we have to apply what we know , and what works for us and make changes. Not everything you read in science will be 100% correct from human to huamn, so we have to play trial and error to find what works for us and utilize it. We are ALWAYS learning.
    Very true, I agree 100% and I'm not suggesting you need to follow the article's advice and change your routine. You know what works for you and it's definitely working, as evidenced by those progress pics. I just thought it was a good article because it offered scientific data to back up the information but also provided practical recommendations for how to incorporate the findings into one's personal programming.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

____( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)__________ BabyOilBrah's Avatar
    BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    also give my back extra work which sucks.
    lol...

pullups are cake for you bob don't sandbag

On another note what is you preferred fat intake range in a caloric surplus? I know everyone is different but what has worked for you in maintaining that lean state while bulking?

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always taken a low volume, high frequency stance with pullups and it's worked quite well.

Twice a week at the start of a back workout I do 2-3 warmup sets of bodyweight pullups (pulldowns if pullups are already hard)
    After that I do 3 working sets of 6-8 weighted pullups, resting about 1-2 mins in between. Try adding 10 lbs and doing 3x6, once you can do 3x8 then add another 5-10 lbs and go back to 3x6.

I've always found success with this simple method of overload/progression, although I do have good genetics for pullups I'm certain this method can work for anyone. Slowly bulking is also essential as it assures your gaining muscle while progressing in weight.

NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^totally agree bob

with some exercises/lifts/workouts etc i feel like i sometimes "know" what science and research tells us about volume, reps, weight etc. but with a lot of exercises i feel like i disregard science and go by what my results tell me and what my head tells me, no scientific backing, just trial/error
    can't out train a bad diet

can't out diet bad training

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Trial and error, my friends... trial and error
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Originally Posted by BabyOilBrah View Post
    On another note what is you preferred fat intake range in a caloric surplus? I know everyone is different but what has worked for you in maintaining that lean state while bulking?
    Fat intake for me is low year round (45-50g) its what works FOR ME. yes this has been asked a ton.
    I have tried carb cycling when i first started with jason, and we did High/Low/Medium days fat would range from 50-100g daily depending on the day, he did this for a long time to see how i would respond to different carb/fat intakes and how my mood, energy, strength, workouts, and daily life would be while on this. Did i feel bloating? Did i feel like i had more energy? etc.. all of these things he took note on and we went from there. As i continued to feel bloated and bogged down on higher fat he just went to a straight low fat higher carb year round approach, and well

Ill let the pictures do the talking.

Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    I've always taken a low volume, high frequency stance with pullups and it's worked quite well.

Twice a week at the start of a back workout I do 2-3 warmup sets of bodyweight pullups (pulldowns if pullups are already hard)
    After that I do 3 working sets of 6-8 weighted pullups, resting about 1-2 mins in between. Try adding 10 lbs and doing 3x6, once you can do 3x8 then add another 5-10 lbs and go back to 3x6.

I've always found success with this simple method of overload/progression, although I do have good genetics for pullups I'm certain this method can work for anyone. Slowly bulking is also essential as it assures your gaining muscle while progressing in weight.
    Looks like your taking a chapter out of Martin's book here regarding frequency and how he sets up his training (RPT style) regarding reps and adding weight. Great minds think alike! Good to see you popping in here. I hope all is well with you, i know you had a bad injury hope you are recovering.

Originally Posted by NDeeps27 View Post
    ^^^totally agree bob

with some exercises/lifts/workouts etc i feel like i sometimes "know" what science and research tells us about volume, reps, weight etc. but with a lot of exercises i feel like i disregard science and go by what my results tell me and what my head tells me, no scientific backing, just trial/error
    ^^ Bingo. some people get better quads squatting at or above parellel.
    Some make better gains with using less ROM On certain exercises
    Some people thrive off lower volume
    some thrive off higher volume

The human body is not a textbook.
    We are ALWAYS learning our bodies.

Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The human body is so interesting. Bob's example is living proof that what works for one person may not work at all for another person. This is obviously relating to a gym performance/overall mood point of view, and not overall body composition. The pictures and numbers are proof of your hard work.

The Strength Guys
    Mesocycle #3
    Week 3 Day 1

5 Minute Warm-Up on Bike

30 Pull-Ups over various Grips/Sets

3 Second Paused DB Bench Press: (3 @ 70%)
    100''s x 3 (6 Sets)

+5 Pounds

Cable Crossover: *60 Second Rest*
    25 Each Hand x 8 (4 Sets)

A1: Weighted Dips:
    BW +25lb Chain x 20 (6 Sets)

+2 Reps

A2: Weighted Chins: (5 @ 80%)
    BW +25lb Chain x 5 (6 Sets)

B1: Dumbbell Lateral Raise (Pause at Top)
    20's x 10 (6 Sets)

B2: Braced DB Row (Using Both DB's and Lying Face Down on an incline bench ((15 @ 60%))
    50's x 15 (6 Sets)

Post-Workout:

Chicken and Shrimp Stirfry:

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    The human body is so interesting. Bob's example is living proof that what works for one person may not work at all for another person. This is obviously relating to a gym performance/overall mood point of view, and not overall body composition. The pictures and numbers are proof of your hard work.
    Its not only that, it goes to show what some people say is not optimal works. Its weird, some people say you cant stay low fat year round, well. look at the change, look at the progress, and look at the end result. Year to year it shows in the mirror and in the weight room. I am my stronger/leanest ever at 180 pounds. compare the pictures. they dont lie.

Just doing what we do chef. Blazing some good eats in the kitchen and hitting the weight room.

ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    That chicken and shrimp stir fry looks disgusting bob, you must be busy and not focusing on cooking your meals well anymore!

Still some solid progress though bobo, keep up the good gainz

rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rakan92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ThailandBrah View Post
    That chicken and shrimp stir fry looks disgusting bob, you must be busy and not focusing on cooking your meals well anymore!

I dont usually say this at all, but from your past posts over here and this one, u come across in a very degrading way to say the least. why so negative !!

anyways great work bob as usual !

Originally Posted by rakan92 View Post
    I dont usually say this at all, but from your past posts over here and this one, u come across in a very degrading way to say the least. why so negative !!

That is honestly his least degrading post to date lol.

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It looks like restaurant food...???
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Originally Posted by rakan92 View Post

Love Haters

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    It looks like restaurant food...???
    it is LOL

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I knew it was when I first saw it this morning.
    I was at first Thinking: "That looks nothing like Chef Bob's style."
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000)

not sure if being a jerk or just continuously trolling.

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe View Post
    not sure if being a jerk or just continuously trolling.
    continuously trolling...
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    continuously trolling...
    Just like he did the whole journal lol.

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    continuously trolling...
    Troll troll troll your boat...

The Strength Guys
    MesoCycle #3
    Week 3 Day 1

5 Minutes on Bike to Warmup

30 Pullups over various Grips/Sets:

3 Second Pause Back Squats: (3 Reps @ 77.5%)
    290 x 3 (6 Sets)

+5 Pounds

A1: Leg Press: (57.5% of 20RM)
    2 Plates/Side x 20 (5 Sets)

A2: Safety Bar Squat (57.5% or 5RM)
    185 x 5 (5 Sets)

B1: DB Cross Body Hammer Curl's *2 Second Hold at top*
    40's x 6 (5 Sets)

B2: SkullCrusher: *Pause at Bottom*
    135 x 8 (2 Sets)
    145 x 6 (2 Sets)

Barbell Curl: *2 Second Hold at Top*
    75 x 8 (2 Sets)
    95 x 6 (2 Sets)

Post-Workout:

Steak Stirfry:

Steak Stirfry:

OK is this a test;
    Is it Bob's cooking or Is it restaurant left overs?...LOL!

Looks good!

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    OK is this a test;
    Is it Bob's cooking or Is it restaurant left overs?...LOL!

Looks good!
    my vote is for the latter.

ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    It better be restaurant left overs, if not bob has to step back and take a serious look at his cooking regime. and re-evaluate.

Plus all that saturated fat they use along with the fat in that steak, that meal has no less than 100g of fat in it.

Groce bob. but not all is lot. You could always create an e-book for bodybuilders on the go, and show them how to get results from a diet just using canned goods and cheap noodles.

Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Randoja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any real follower knows that's not what Bob's dishes look like.

They look like this.
    Purus Labs Representative
    ★cVc★ 11 Brahvo OIF 2
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143895991

Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Any real follower knows that's not what Bob's dishes look like.

They look like this.
    This looks good, wish I could say the same for that burn on your chest. Its 2013 and we live in the age of information and cheap products. Get yourself some sunscreen and / or block for god sakes. Your not only going to look like your 70 before your 50th birthday, you may die of cancer early.

Page 78 of 281 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast