Dmiller2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Slow cut for loose skin

So i'm in the process of cutting. A lot. I'm down 90 pounds so far and want to lose at least another 50. But i'm concerned that I might have a lot of loose skin when I get down to that weight. I read on here that losing weight slowly while lifting can help reduce loose skin as the muscle builds up under it.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to alternate between cutting and maintaining to help alleviate any loose skin problems?

moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This would be interesting to know but I don't think anyone knows for sure unless they do a massive study with a bunch of fatties.

I'd like the know the answer just because I don't see how losing weight slowly while skin tightens slowly is better than losing weight fast and having loose skin. In my mind it would be easier for the skin to tighten up if you lost it in a rapid manner.

Skin has no fat underneath to push it out, heals and tightens easier. --> When losing weight rapidly.
    Skin has fat left underneath and makes tightening process slower compared to rapid loss. --> When losing weight slowly.

But hey, that's just what I would think if I was a noob and didn't know anything. (Which I don't )

But this has seem to be proven false by quite a few individuals.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly, if you dont plan to lose more than like 1% bodyweight per week, i wouldnt worry about it because: if you are going to have loose skin, it will happen even if its a sane amount of fat loss per week. It is the rapid loss that makes it worse.
    How tall are ya OP? Even though its no rule, 1% max is a good number to never go over, so if you are 250 lbs, no more than 2.5 lbs per week
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

I'm 6' 2" and 280 right now. My midsection has already gotten significantly smaller without any signs of loose skin. But I had a feeling that it might be become a problem as I go forward.

roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dmiller2007 View Post
    I read on here that losing weight slowly while lifting can help reduce loose skin as the muscle builds up under it.
    I agree with this.

I lost 176 pounds and have no loose skin at all.

Lift heavy, regularly.
    -80 kgs in 15 months.
    -100 kgs goal (75kgs bodyweight)

Abs on a skinny guy is like a fatgirl with big tits, it doesn't count.

Originally Posted by roybatty6 View Post
    I agree with this.

I lost 176 pounds and have no loose skin at all.

Lift heavy, regularly.
    Well then I have a follow up question. I've been using a couple of the P90X resistance workouts for lifting. Should I stick with more traditional lifts and maybe super set them? And lift to failure to of course.

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends a lot on genetics and how much you stretched the skin to begin with. As for any loose skin you get, only time will tell if you're going to need surgery to overcome loose skin after gaining muscle in a bulk post-cut.
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk