Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000)

Pictures at 194- need opinions!

Alright, so I'm set to compete on October 27th in a UFE show that is natural and tested. I am 16 currently , turning 17 in a few weeks and have been bodybuilding for 2 years, weight training for 3. I have 5 pictures here and the main things i'm looking for are opinions on what to improve, if you think i can be stage ready in 10 weeks of diet and if i have the size to compete and do well. Also how much body fat percents i need to lose. And i should mention fat rolls off me no problem. One time i decided to cut out refined carbs and only eat healthy foods and must of dropped 2 percent in a month just from doing that . im actually nervous about losing too much weight and then losing muscle.
    I've posted this thread twice in the teen forums but i need more experienced people such as you folks for your opinions.
    I should mention that in reasonable lighting i look at least a body fat percent lower if not two, and not all photos i am fully flexed in.

and i think im going to start a log on here, anyone have one? they a good use of time?
    as well i may start a youtube channel dedicated to my contest prep. think the youtube channel could be interesting as theres only one or two competitive teenage bodybuilders with good channels, and i think i'll be the youngest out of those few. so be looking for that in the near future!

cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cuhockey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump for the kid. Big for 16. I'll let wiser people than I answer your questions.

mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000) mattwhey is just really nice. (+1000)
    My advice: get a coach if you don't have one. I'm sure people will chime in that can help

Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000) Landon12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cuhockey View Post
    Bump for the kid. Big for 16. I'll let wiser people than I answer your questions.
    Appreciate the bump, and thanks i think for calling me big lol

Originally Posted by mattwhey View Post
    My advice: get a coach if you don't have one. I'm sure people will chime in that can help
    I would, but as a 16 year old i don't exactly have the finances to get one. hopefully a pro or two can come in here and help out! or a pro that has a reasonable coaching fee

right now my plan is to follow layne nortons pre contest diet plan

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Honestly, I don't think you'd be stage ready in 10 weeks. A 16 week prep would get you closer.

KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I disagree with Red Cat above. You can get really dialed in, in 10 weeks. Layne's cutting diet is a good choice, just stick to it and don't cheat at all! Work on your mandatory poses and have fun doing your first show. As a teen you will do very well!
    The Best is Yet to Come!

Originally Posted by KnowstheSky View Post
    I disagree with Red Cat above. You can get really dialed in, in 10 weeks. Layne's cutting diet is a good choice, just stick to it and don't cheat at all! Work on your mandatory poses and have fun doing your first show. As a teen you will do very well!
    Thanks! Although I appreciate your advice redcat, I feel confident with 10 weeks.
    I hope I can drop the weight nice and slow and keep the muscle. Its gonna be tough not to cheat, but I'm sure I can do it! I really want to come on stage looking huge and freaky! In your opinion do you think that dropping 5 percent and about 12 pounds will have me contest ready?

Edit; and because these pics don't do my body fat justice I'll throw up a pic with better lighting tonight of abs

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree with them both!

You can do it in 10wks but it won't be fun and you better get on the diet and the work!
    It would be a LOT easier to do it in 16wks and you'd likely end up with a more optimal look on stage.

Either way you have the time, do you have the knowledge and the discipline ... that's the question?

Good luck at Halloween Mayhem. Come in lean and you'll likely win the Jr div. That's usually the biggest mistake the Jr's make ... they don't nail the diet!
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    I agree with them both!

You can do it in 10wks but it won't be fun and you better get on the diet and the work!
    It would be a LOT easier to do it in 16wks and you'd likely end up with a more optimal look on stage.

Either way you have the time, do you have the knowledge and the discipline ... that's the question?

Good luck at Halloween Mayhem. Come in lean and you'll likely win the Jr div. That's usually the biggest mistake the Jr's make ... they don't nail the diet!
    Thanks for all the advice! I'd love to do a longer cut but my problem is that I'm still in a season of 7s rugby. And my final tournement which will have a lot of scouts and oppurtunities come from it isn't until mid august so I don't want to begin a diet before then.
    I want to win, more than anything so I know I'm going to be dedicated. I've worked my ass off doing everything I can to be the best rugby player I can be and now I'm going to transfer that into bodybuilding.
    I hope to win the jr division then compete at the north american championships! But right now my focus is mayhem.

BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BabyRuben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    youd easily be ready
    TWITTER: @RubenEscarsega

like i said, lighting didnt do my body fat justice, these pics will give you a better idea of how i look in most lighting. and i threw in some back poses cause i hadnt done that yet. and the one, is just basically a casual ab only flex lol

and i still have no tan ... working on it!

RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) RepinOut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KnowstheSky View Post
    KnowstheShy pretty much summed it up but I will add to that. I came on here four months back when I was 8 weeks out from my first show and many said I wouldn't be ready.....WRONG. Did what I needed to and placed first in the heavy weight novice class. Hopefully you can learn from the mistakes I know I made though.

1) Find a good diet and stick to it. My diet was crazy and I had one refeed day. I would take out the refeed day all together but have a diet where the calorie cut isn't so extreme that you suffer in the gym.

2) Drink water..... I mean lots of water. This will make a huge difference in how dry you come in on show day. You should drink a minimum of a gallon a day starting now. This will also help you in the gym. I never realized how huge of an impact water has on your all over strength and performance until I seriously increased my intake.

3)Low Intensity Cardio....... Yes, thats right, low intensity. I made a huge mistake here. I began running 20 to 30 miles a week and doing other high intensity cardio. I lost muscle mass doing that. I consulted with a few pros I know and they laughed in my face literally. LOL. I deserved it though. After going back and doing my research properly and asking around, long periods of low intensity cardio will get the fat off and help you maintain most of your muscle but you will sacrifice a little either way. But I dropped from 190 to 172 and it was clear that a significant part of that was muscle.

4) PRACTICE POSING.... a lot. When I looked back at my pics there were guys who I was more lean than and bigger than but they looked much better next to me on stage because they posed better. You need to find how to pose that best displays YOUR muscle. Yes all poses for everyone is pretty much the same but how you perform the pose, the angles, the lighting, will all play a part in how big and defined you do or do not look.

With all of that being said, you are huge man. You surely have the size to compete and your symmetry is much better than mine. My upper body over powers my lower body but you are pretty even. You have a great shot.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Landon12 View Post
    Alright, so I'm set to compete on October 27th in a UFE show that is natural and tested. I am 16 currently , turning 17 in a few weeks and have been bodybuilding for 2 years, weight training for 3. I have 5 pictures here and the main things i'm looking for are opinions on what to improve, if you think i can be stage ready in 10 weeks of diet and if i have the size to compete and do well.

Landon

I think you have what it takes to compete. You need to be on point from here on out though.

Email me at Paul@ProPhysique.com when you get a moment, if you don't mind. Thanks.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow, I think you are looking great for 16. I don't think I even had any muscles at that age

Lots of good advices up above. I would echo the need for a coach as well, but understand finances are well, almost non-existent at your age. I'm working with a couple of younger guys on here now, and my rates are considerably less than what other guys will charge here.

Feel free to PM me for more information or if you just wanna bounce a few questions off me from time to time, I'd be willing to help you out as best as I can. I can also give you the usernames of a couple guys I'm working with now so you could find out how effective coaching is for them thus far...

Best of luck to you!

- Stan

Originally Posted by RepinOut View Post
    KnowstheShy pretty much summed it up but I will add to that. I came on here four months back when I was 8 weeks out from my first show and many said I wouldn't be ready.....WRONG. Did what I needed to and placed first in the heavy weight novice class. Hopefully you can learn from the mistakes I know I made though.

1) Find a good diet and stick to it. My diet was crazy and I had one refeed day. I would take out the refeed day all together but have a diet where the calorie cut isn't so extreme that you suffer in the gym.

2) Drink water..... I mean lots of water. This will make a huge difference in how dry you come in on show day. You should drink a minimum of a gallon a day starting now. This will also help you in the gym. I never realized how huge of an impact water has on your all over strength and performance until I seriously increased my intake.

3)Low Intensity Cardio....... Yes, thats right, low intensity. I made a huge mistake here. I began running 20 to 30 miles a week and doing other high intensity cardio. I lost muscle mass doing that. I consulted with a few pros I know and they laughed in my face literally. LOL. I deserved it though. After going back and doing my research properly and asking around, long periods of low intensity cardio will get the fat off and help you maintain most of your muscle but you will sacrifice a little either way. But I dropped from 190 to 172 and it was clear that a significant part of that was muscle.

4) PRACTICE POSING.... a lot. When I looked back at my pics there were guys who I was more lean than and bigger than but they looked much better next to me on stage because they posed better. You need to find how to pose that best displays YOUR muscle. Yes all poses for everyone is pretty much the same but how you perform the pose, the angles, the lighting, will all play a part in how big and defined you do or do not look.

With all of that being said, you are huge man. You surely have the size to compete and your symmetry is much better than mine. My upper body over powers my lower body but you are pretty even. You have a great shot.
    thanks a lot, really appreciate all the advice and tips

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Landon

I think you have what it takes to compete. You need to be on point from here on out though.

Email me at Paul@ProPhysique.com when you get a moment, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Just returned from a vacation, will email in a minute!

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Wow, I think you are looking great for 16. I don't think I even had any muscles at that age

Lots of good advices up above. I would echo the need for a coach as well, but understand finances are well, almost non-existent at your age. I'm working with a couple of younger guys on here now, and my rates are considerably less than what other guys will charge here.

Feel free to PM me for more information or if you just wanna bounce a few questions off me from time to time, I'd be willing to help you out as best as I can. I can also give you the usernames of a couple guys I'm working with now so you could find out how effective coaching is for them thus far...

Best of luck to you!

- Stan
    thanks a lot! i hope to get a coach. i'm sure i'll pm sometime , i really appreciate the offer as im a bit lost with this being my first prep.

MTWNBF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lando, You are way ahead of where I was at 16. Keep up the great work! I look forward to hearing about your victories!
    http://leavenodoubttraining.com/5-tips-to-instantly-double-your-muscle-gains/

TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looking great for 17 y.o, probs a bit soft to compete within 3 months though imo.

Left side arm/delt looks a bit obv smaller, so you've got time to balance out too?

Originally Posted by MTWNBF View Post
    Lando, You are way ahead of where I was at 16. Keep up the great work! I look forward to hearing about your victories!

Thanks a lot! I have a great coach and hope i can have a good season this year. next year i think will be great, pack on a bit more size, fix one or two balance things and then kill it.
    Originally Posted by TroJon View Post
    Looking great for 17 y.o, probs a bit soft to compete within 3 months though imo.

Left side arm/delt looks a bit obv smaller, so you've got time to balance out too?
    Thanks. i've improved my left arm a bit since the picture, the delt is also caught up a bit more. the delt is weak from a sports injury, it has muscle memory though so it should catch right up soon.

Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP I won the overall UFE Halloween Mayhem last year after 13 years away from the stage....my total prep was 14 weeks...3 weeks later I competed in the UFE PRO show and placed 5th...

I would never discourage you from trying the show out as I did my very first BB competition at the age of 15..

A few things to consider..you mentioned rugby tourney coming up and scouts being there...sounds like opportunities for your future there..ie. scholarships etc. you have to ask yourself at the end of the day what means more to you? bodybuilding is great fun and a wonderful hobby but it will NOT pay the bills or even for your education like other sports can...

Judging by your pics though I do believe you could be ready in 10 weeks time but it wont be easy for you...and disregard the LIIS comment by Repinout....HIIT is by far superior for holding on to muscle and burning fat at the same time.

Also search out images of Paul Murawski if you want an idea of the conditioning some past junior winners have brought to the UFE stage....best of luck brother.
    Last edited by Milone79; 08-29-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Originally Posted by Milone79 View Post
    OP I won the overall UFE Halloween Mayhem last year after 13 years away from the stage....my total prep was 14 weeks...3 weeks later I competed in the UFE PRO show and placed 5th...

I would never discourage you from trying the show out as I did my very first BB competition at the age of 15..

A few things to consider..you mentioned rugby tourney coming up and scouts being there...sounds like opportunities for your future there..ie. scholarships etc. you have to ask yourself at the end of the day what means more to you? bodybuilding is great fun and a wonderful hobby but it will NOT pay the bills or even for your education like other sports can...

Judging by your pics though I do believe you could be ready in 10 weeks time but it wont be easy for you...and disregard the LIIS comment by Repinout....HIIT is by far superior for holding on to muscle and burning fat at the same time.

Also search out images of Paul Murawski if you want an idea of the conditioning some past junior winners have brought to the UFE stage....best of luck brother.
    My rugby season finished up for this year, have to wait til next summer before furthering my rugby career to the next level.
    I noticed you competed in the ufe a while ago when you posted on here and i was hoping not everyone looked like you! lol thanks for the advice and i plan to get as cut as i can. like ive said in this thread i do lose fat fairly easily, and i wont have any problem with sticking to a rigid diet until my comp. and a great coach who will be guiding me through all of this. and that paul guy is shredded, no doubt. but if i come up against a guy like him whos more cut than me then i'll try best to outshine him through posing and if not then at least i tried my best. thanks again and will i be seeing you around this year at mayhem?